Town Shoes Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Town Shoes.

Applied online, got an interview the next day and offered the job on the spot. Although, I did get recommended by a friend who worked there and that is most likely why I got the interview so quickly. At the time they had many people leaving so they needed to hire multiple part timers very quickly.

I did not have any previous job experience but many volunteering experiences (co-op, hospital, daycare) and used that to answer many of the questions.

It is very important to dress well! Look fashionable when handing in your resume and for the interview!

If you are applying in person, do not go with your friends, family, etc. Walk in alone, be confident and outgoing, and hand in your resume. You don't have to give it to the manager, if the employee you hand it to likes you they will recommend you to them. (Either way, it goes in a box in the stock room with the rest of the resume's handed in.) This will be based on your attitude and fashion sense for the most part. They will absolutely NOT be interested if you appear shy or quiet.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions. All based on fashion, client satisfaction, retail, and other basic interview questions.   Answer Question
Asked if I would accept the option of making commission or not.

Town Shoes Response

Sep 12, 2014HR Manager

thanks for sharing your interview experience with TSL, we're excited to see that you accepted the offer and are now a part of our team...welcome!

Other Interview Reviews for Town Shoes

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Town Shoes.

Very easy, asked all the regular interview questions. Why do you want to work here, why should we hire you, explain a past scenerio where there was an issue and you resolved it and how did you overcome that issue, tell me something about youself and what is your expected wages. Then we talked about music and other things we had in common.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Town Shoes in August 2013.

I applied online through their career site, and got a phone call a couple weeks later asking me to go in for an interview. They were very unclear about where to meet, so although I arrived 20 minutes early, I waited at the wrong place and ended up being 10 minutes late. It was a group interview, which I wasn't told it would be. All the questions were fairly straightforward, "tell me about yourself", "talk about previous experience", etc. Since the questions were so generic, if you were not the first person to answer, then you ended up just repeating the same thing everyone else had said.
    What bothered me was that there were people there with lots of retail experience, one guy with over 3 years retail experience selling phones with rogers, and I had no experience whatsoever, so it was pretty clear I was under qualified and wasn't going to get the job.
    The last thing they asked was to choose a shoe from the store and try to sell it. That wasn't too hard, but it helps to be really prepared, since essentially that's what your job would be, and proving you can do it well is really good.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Town Shoes in June 2013.

I was asked if I thought people would respond positively to my presence, If I would be able to handle working in high pressure situations and upset customers. Also what would be appropriate responses to difficult customers.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a customer that is still unhappy with what I can offer.   Answer Question

Town Shoes Response

Sep 12, 2014HR Manager

thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our interview process, we're thrilled that you accepted the offer...welcome to the team!

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Town Shoes in May 2011.

First you had to go through a group interview, then if they like you they call you back for a one on one interview where they ask you further questions and have you role play and try to sell and upsell them an item.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Town Shoes in November 2010.

Manager was somewhat intimidating, but the group interview relieved a lot of tension. It was an open walk in group sort of thing. Relate your answers from past experiences to promote yourself for the position! There was nothing unexpected, overall was very easy.... Be outgoing and respect the answers of others

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to work a busy shift. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would make a good sales associate?   View Answer
    • What do you think makes up a good work environment?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Town Shoes?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Town Shoes in September 2010.

Questions were very shallow. Didn't highlight candidates ability to do the task.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Town Shoes in June 2010.

the interview uses stupid questions instead of trying to get to know the real person applying

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you really went above and beyond and made someones day"   Answer Question