Townsquare Media

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and interviewed at Townsquare Media.

Interview Details – I made three follow-up calls after applying because I did not receive acknowledgement that my application had been received. After the third call I was invited in for an interview. Seemed to be disorganized and ill-prepared to conduct an interview/hiring process.

Interview Question – Nothing really. It felt like I was leading the discussion.
Three phone calls to secure an interview. An interview with the General Manager. Interview three weeks later with someone from corporate. One hour phone interview with Division head two weeks later. Job offer a week later. Start date three weeks later.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is what the job pays. Take it or leave it. No negotiation required.
Job ad did not specify the salary or a range. No mention in the interview process until close to the end where I was asked what salary I had in mind. When I responded I was told "that shouldn't be a problem." Offer came in $18,000 lower. When I asked why I was told, "that's what the job pays."

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – Interview laid back, very fun place to work

Interview Question – If you were a cereal, what type of cereal would you be?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Editorial Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Townsquare Media in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was already a freelancer when I heard there may be a full-time position opening up. It was through someone I knew and also through someone else I was already working under at the time, so that likely played a role in the ease of the process, as well as the speed in which I was given an offer.

Interview Question – They didn't actually ask many questions, just gave a list of responsibilities.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because the pay wouldn't cover both rent and food for someone in Section 8. Seriously.

Digital Sales Manager Interview

Digital Sales Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Townsquare Media.

Interview Details – I was recruited in the local market based on my success and knowledge from a previous company. I was put in contact with corporate level execs immediately to answer my questions regarding their digital platform as the local level was unsure.

From being employed with the company, and seeing the hiring process, it appears fairly easy depending on the position you're applying for. For sales, you interview with the general manager. If they like you, you move into a second interview with either the Director of Sales or Market Manager and make and offer from there

Interview Question – NA as I was recruited and it was mainly me interviewing them as I was not actively looking for a change in employmeny   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I compared what I was currently making with what their offer was. The first offer came back extremely low without write offs and added expenditures as well as responsibility.

I calculated what I needed to bring home to stay even and negotiated more so it wasn't a lateral move in pay. I reinstated why I would be a valuable asset to the company and my worth.

They came back with an acceptable offer that I took.

You will be placed on a guarantee for a minimum of 4-6 months. I recommend negotiating a sliding scale as you will most likely need to start your book of business from scratch.

Media Planner Interview

Media Planner

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview
2. Skill Interview: Read a report and present your findings.

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Windsor, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Townsquare Media.

Interview Details – Disorganized and amateurish.
No background checks.
No request for references.
Hard to get a word in with the DOS. She liked hearing herself talk.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. In fact, surprisingly easy. I couldn't believe I got an offer so easily without offering any proof of my ability or track record.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They asked for my desired salary for the job. Offered A LOT less. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Townsquare Media.

Interview Details – It was very thorough and easy interview.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about the company.   Answer Question

Worked for Townsquare Media? Contribute to the Community!