Towson University

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

3.2

Student Ambassador Interview

Receive email for an interview with the program advisor. Once you passed that interview, you would get an email stating whether you got the offer or not. That is all i can think of. It is very simple and straightforward. Questions basically every international student would know.

Interview Questions
    • A program to help international students   View Answer
    Easy, received an email

Resident Assistant Interview

You have a half-an-hour behavioral interview to figure out if you are open-minded, diversity-appreciating, and have a good moral sense of sticking to student conduct. Then you have the second round group interview in which you are asked to organize an event.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult question. Be yourself. You do not bend who you are to be awarded a position, as it is good to neither you or HRL.   Answer Question
    Every RA has the flat reward: free housing (single room rather than sharing), 10 meals a week, and $50 biweekly subsidy.

Career Adviser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Towson University.

I had a 15 minute phone interview and then a half day interview. The process went pretty quickly compared to other Higher Education job search processes I have been a part of. During the half day interview I met with the entire Career Center staff, and some campus partners for a group panel interview. I also prepared a presentation for that group. I met with the director for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • The very first question during the phone interview was "What do you know about us". I was expecting the first question to be "Tell us about why you want this position" so I was thrown for a loop.   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation

Student Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Towson University.

submitted an application in the office; one casual interview

Financial Transaction Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Towson University.

must apply online, sometimes it can be confusing, not sure if your application, resume and cover letter were uploaded

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You are offered the job, you accept the job.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Towson University in May 2010.

Meet with several Teachers at Towson about 30min per meeting

Interview Questions
    No negotiation other than what course you teach

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Towson University in December 2009.

Application process is tedious. HR will only respond if you are picked to be interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were regular interview questions. I was interviewed by a group of 6 people which was unexpected.   Answer Question
    Admin Asst's are brought in at the bottom of the salary scale for that position regardless of the number of years experience.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Towson University in October 2009.

Started with a 15 minute phone interview, then invited to come on campus for a full day of interviewing. Interviewed one-on-one with the director, met with the hiring committee, interviewed (group) by entire staff of center. Presented a 40 minute presentation on something related to career development. Followed by a questions and answer period, members from the entire campus were invited to attend presentation. Went to lunch with the director and then met with the AVP.

Interview Questions
    • If you could invent something to aid in your role (as a Career Counselor) regardless of cost, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • We have lots of pot lucks, what would you bring?   Answer Question
    Employer stated that the salary was non-negotiable. Once I accepted the position and talked to others, I learned otherwise.