Towson University

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Career Adviser Interview

Career Adviser

I applied online and interviewed at Towson University.

Interview Details – I had a 15 minute phone interview and then a half day interview. The process went pretty quickly compared to other Higher Education job search processes I have been a part of. During the half day interview I met with the entire Career Center staff, and some campus partners for a group panel interview. I also prepared a presentation for that group. I met with the director for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – The very first question during the phone interview was "What do you know about us". I was expecting the first question to be "Tell us about why you want this position" so I was thrown for a loop.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Towson University.

Interview Details – submitted an application in the office; one casual interview

Interview Question – regular questions   Answer Question

Financial Transaction Coordinator Interview

Financial Transaction Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towson University.

Interview Details – must apply online, sometimes it can be confusing, not sure if your application, resume and cover letter were uploaded

Interview Question – What are your best/worst qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You are offered the job, you accept the job.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Towson, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Towson University in May 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with several Teachers at Towson about 30min per meeting

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation other than what course you teach

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Administrative Assistant I
Towson, MD

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Towson University in December 2009.

Interview Details – Application process is tedious. HR will only respond if you are picked to be interviewed.

Interview Question – All questions were regular interview questions. I was interviewed by a group of 6 people which was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Admin Asst's are brought in at the bottom of the salary scale for that position regardless of the number of years experience.

Career Counselor Interview

Career Counselor
Towson, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Towson University in October 2009.

Interview Details – Started with a 15 minute phone interview, then invited to come on campus for a full day of interviewing. Interviewed one-on-one with the director, met with the hiring committee, interviewed (group) by entire staff of center. Presented a 40 minute presentation on something related to career development. Followed by a questions and answer period, members from the entire campus were invited to attend presentation. Went to lunch with the director and then met with the AVP.

Interview Questions

• If you could invent something to aid in your role (as a Career Counselor) regardless of cost, what would it be?   Answer Question
  • We have lots of pot lucks, what would you bring?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Employer stated that the salary was non-negotiable. Once I accepted the position and talked to others, I learned otherwise.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Towson University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Towson University interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Towson University employees and interview candidates.