Toxikon Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.3

Laboratory Position In the 1980s Interview

Interview

Although my interview was just a few years into my career during the 1980’s, I believe it is still pertinent today.

In short, in my opinion, I had a very uncomfortable and unprofessional 1:1 interview experience that was easily the worst interview experience of my career, beating out one or two other experiences in my career that would qualify as a worst experience for most other people.

Most of the Glassdoor company reviews I am reading today and the overall star rating are relatively negative. The themes of the negative comments and observations I am reading today are very consistent with my impressions of Toxikon immediately after that interview in the 1980’s.

For what it is worth, a month after that interview, I started a 13 year stint with a new employer, including my first real overnight business trip for an internal technical conference during my first week of employment and 3 promotions over that 13 year time period. Although my new employer wasn’t perfect (what company is), given my impressions of Toxikon back then and what I read today, I feel extremely fortunate my interview with Toxikon all those years ago didn’t work out.

Interview Questions

• Prefer not to elaborate; My opinion in the "Describe the Interview Process" Section can speak for itself.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Such cheaters. They called me twice and interviewed me and both times told me that I got the job but never called me to finalize. They check current references and then never send you an offer letter.

They play games and waste your time. Do not spend time to interview with these people.

Interview Questions

• Nothing like that,seems to me they are try to pass time.   Answer Question

I was forced because they told me they will match the salary but didn't. HR told me they will call me back and they didn't.

Quality Assurance Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toxikon.

Interview

Sent my resume online, got an email for an in person interview, met with 3-4 people, before interviews they had me take a prescreening test online (basic logic, math, etc), sent an offer 2 days later, whole process took less than 2 weeks, seemed like they were desperate to fill the position

Study Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Emailed resume after responding to a Craigslist ad. Was emailed by HR the next day. Had to take an online personality test and was asked for an in person interview the next week. Met with all of the department heads and CEO. Was not asked many questions, was just asked if I have objections working with animals, as if they were trying to prevent a PETA operative from working there. Was given an offer within a week. No room for negotiations. Their eagerness should have been a warning sign, but I was desperate.

Interview Questions

• Can you come to work by 8 AM? (Seriously)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations allowed.

Sample Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA).

Interview

hire by who is cheap, and, for higher positions, what degrees you have, who you know, career plans, past employers, what can you do for Toxikon, when can you start, hour you can work

Interview Questions

• how past experience can be applied to this job, what salary range you want   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Toxikon.

Interview

A phone interview, followed by an in person one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. They just wanted to know if you are willing to do the work.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Toxikon.

Interview

Meet with HR person, Supervisor, Supervisor Asst., and Director. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Kept asking me if I am okay with working with animals.   Answer Question

The position would not further my career path

QA Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Met with 3 people, and talked about resume and past experiences

Scientific Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA).

Interview

The interview process was long winded and with 4 people who just kept repeating themselves. I didn't have much of an opportunity to say much and they did most of the talking. They were clearly not experienced in HR

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, they just asked standard stuff about resume.   Answer Question

Study Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Had interview with 7-8 people (one after the other), 3 VPS, and the rest various managers. 30-45 minutes each, mostly they asked questions specific to skills listed in the resume (depth of knowledge about certain specialties). HR had more generic questions (strengths, weaknesses, what you'll do in 5 yrs), but the hiring decision comes from higher up, so don't sweat much what you say to HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation in salary or benefits (take it or leave it). My advice: take it for now, look for a new job in a year.