Toxikon

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Toxikon in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had to go in there and sit through 4 people one by one. They were all really nice but it was just a really long process. Questions were all pretty normal except for the obvious animal welfare questions that are a little touchy.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working with animals   Answer Question

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Toxikon.

Interview Details – Meet with HR person, Supervisor, Supervisor Asst., and Director. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Question – Kept asking me if I am okay with working with animals.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position would not further my career path

QA Officer Interview

Bedford, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Toxikon.

Interview Details – Met with 3 people, and talked about resume and past experiences

Interview Question – They asked hardly any questions   Answer Question

Scientific Position Interview

Bedford, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toxikon.

Interview Details – The interview process was long winded and with 4 people who just kept repeating themselves. I didn't have much of an opportunity to say much and they did most of the talking. They were clearly not experienced in HR

Interview Question – Nothing really, they just asked standard stuff about resume.   Answer Question

Study Director Interview

Study Director
Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Toxikon in August 2010.

Interview Details – Had interview with 7-8 people (one after the other), 3 VPS, and the rest various managers. 30-45 minutes each, mostly they asked questions specific to skills listed in the resume (depth of knowledge about certain specialties). HR had more generic questions (strengths, weaknesses, what you'll do in 5 yrs), but the hiring decision comes from higher up, so don't sweat much what you say to HR.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation in salary or benefits (take it or leave it). My advice: take it for now, look for a new job in a year.

Very Easy Interview

Pathology Administrative Assistant Interview

Pathology Administrative Assistant
Bedford, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toxikon in July 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with only one person. Interview consisted of 4 fairly easy questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not very negotiable...

Research Associate

I interviewed at Toxikon in August 2012.

Interview Details – Told to take an IQ/personallity test online. Got called in for an interview. Met with 5 different people. All basically asked the same questions. All they want to know is if you would be able to euthinize animals there. These animals include cats, dogs, mice, rats, rabbits, pigs, and monkeys. Ya no thanks.

Interview Question – Mostley general questions. Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years etc.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Toxikon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toxikon interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Toxikon employees and interview candidates.