Toyoda Gosei North America

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

3.7

Senior Help Desk Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Toyoda Gosei North America.

I was contacted by a recruiting agency for a contract to hire position at Toyoda Gosei North America's office in Troy, Michigan. The initial phone interview was conducted by this recruiting agency, after which they decided to bring me in for my first in person interview.

One of the recruiters met me in the parking lot on my way in and briefed me a little on what to expect, who I should expect to be there, etc. The interview was conducted by the HR manager and two members of the IT team, the director of IT was not present. Mostly it was a pretty standard interview, they asked about my familiarity with various different software packages and services and how I would handle specific support situations. The recruiter asked me to give him a call on my way out to let him know how it went, so I did. I was told that I could expect an answer about how they would proceed by the next day.

I received a phone call from the recruiter saying that Toyoda Gosei would like to move forward with a second in person interview, this time with the entire team (5 people) in attendance. When I arrived not all were present, but I was definitely able to get a feel for what it would be like to work with them in a team environment after spending some time with them. The second interview was similar to the first, they wanted to get an idea for how well I could provide support for the systems in their environment in addition to figuring out how well I would integrate into their work culture and management style. As it was described to me, nearly everything in the company is done in a regimented collaborative process to ensure that everyone has a say in a given decision or process.

I was extended an offer by Toyoda Gosei the day of this second interview. Because of several other opportunities that I was anticipating I requested that the recruiting company give me several days, potentially a week, to weigh my options and give them an answer. I was informed that a week would be excessive, but that they would allow me several days to talk it over and make my decision. Just about every day after that involved at least 20 minutes on the phone with the recruiting company pushing me for an answer. After 4 work days (Wed-Mon) I informed the recruiting agency that I was declining Toyoda Gosei's offer to pursue other options. They were very professional.

Human Resources Generalist Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Toyoda Gosei North America.

The individual who will head up the recruiting projects at this time concentrated on laws, regulations and "heading up projects"--not normal questions for a recruiting position. Her demeanor was not one you would expect in a Human Resources department. Very data drive.

Interview Questions
    • She asked several regarding the details of several laws.   Answer Question

Purchasing Assistant (A Contract Position) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyoda Gosei North America in January 2011.

A resume was sent to Toyoda Gosei for the Purchasing Assistant position. Within a week, I received a call from the HR Manager requesting a face - to - face interview with herself as well as the Purchasing Manager. As explained during the brief telephone interview, the Purchasing Assistant position was a contract/to hire situation.

The panel interview consisted of your standard questions with regards to your background, experience, and behavioral situations.

During the interview, further inquiries from myself with regards to the length of the position, the responsibilities involved, average salary, and the firm handling the employment contract were mainly met with blank stares or "I don't know's".

Overall, the interview went as well as expected.