Toyota

www.toyota.co.jp
  www.toyota.co.jp

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Buyer Interview

There are 4 basic steps: Psychological Test, HR Interview, User Interview, and Medical Check-Up. Basically when you've passed the User Interview Test, the medical check-up is just an administration.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult step is definitely the User Interview. You may be interviewed by several users to find which place best suits you (and which user is suited with you). The most unexpected question was What will I do in a team to influence others to do what I want.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toyota

Buyer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toyota in February 2012.

I got an email from a hiring manager about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy and consisted of the general questions like "why Toyota" and "are you willing to travel" as well as some behavioral interview questions drawing from your work and education experiences. The interview was conducted by the hiring manager and two other people who worked in procurement. A few days later I got a call saying they would fly me out to their offices in Kentucky for an in-person interview. The flew me out and put me up at a hotel. The interview took about 2 hours. I first interviewed with two people who asked me about my background, some more behavioral questions, and an easy math problem solving question (they even give you a calculator). After that, I met with another person for much shorter, more laid back interview. He just asked about my previous experiences. Then the hiring manager gave me a bunch of material about Toyota and what it's like to live in Cincinnati. Later that night, myself and some other interviewees had dinner with some people who are currently buyers at Toyota. So, overall it was a fairly easy interview process. Everybody was really nice. Although, I ended not getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • Which is the better scenario?
      1) Buy 10 million widgets with a fixed cost of $200,000 and a variable cost of $1
      2) Buy 10 million widgets with a fixed cost of $10,000 and a variable cost of $1.05

(They even let you use a calculator)

View Answers (2)