Toyota

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Toyota in November 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from a recruiter by applying online. The recruiter set up a 1 hour phone interview with a group of hiring managers. They asked basic questions about my resume along with behavioral questions following the STAR interviewing process. Within a day I was contacted for a second interview to come on site where I gave a presentation in front of a group of 10-15 hiring managers/employees. In addition, I was asked some engineering questions on the dry erase board in front of the group. The whole interview lasted about an hour and then I was taken on a tour of the facility. I received an offer within a few weeks.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you where you were given a large task. What was your mental preparation to complete the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in August 2010.

Interview Details – Traditional panel interview with three mid level employees. Short informal test on basic engineering principles.

Interview Question – Tell an instance of how your work saved the company money?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Toyota in March 2010.

Interview Details – A quick phone interview with the recruiter to asses if my abilities and career goals aligned with the company and position. Interviewed one-on-one with potential future manager. Discussed position life-cycle, job scope, future job scope, company supported internal opportunities, and overall work culture. Everyone had a relaxed attitude with obvious focus on getting the right person, not just getting someone. It was important to make my future goals known and address possible issues that I already have with my current employer. Always important not to talk down about current employment or in general.

Interview Question – Idetify a time you made a poor decision. Explain your reasons for making the decision and what outcome you expected.   Answer Question

Erlanger, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in December 2008.

Interview Details – They sit you down and ask you general, behavioral style questions. Many may sound alike but i believe the main purpose of their interviews is to see how well you communicate and how well you can speak. It's not that difficult and very similar to others. Just practice your speech.

Interview Question – If you had $1,000,000 from the company to donate, what and where would you donate it to? And why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in January 2009.

Interview Details – overall was very simple and fast

Interview Question – work related on marketing   View Answer

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Toyota in September 2010.

Interview Details – Long process, lots of waiting for the next step in the process.

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable except start date.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in January 2011.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter during a college career fair, chatted with him, and dropped off my resume. He contacted me soon after requesting an interview. The interview consisted of a panel of three interviewers. They mainly asked questions about my life experiences and background. Overall, the process went quickly and professionally.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed to prioritize, and explain what happened.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Toyota in March 2009.

Interview Details – Behavorial interview, standard questions about name a time when you did this, name a time when you did that. List a leadership experience. Name a time where you had trouble. What do you have difficulty doing. HR was terrible and took forever to get an answer back.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to show leadership   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toyota

Worked for Toyota? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toyota Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Toyota employees and interview candidates.