Toyota Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toyota.

Interview

Recruiter will call. Let you take exam. If you pass, recruiter will interview you, one on one. If recruiter likes what he/she heard, then you'll get the pass for the hiring manager interview. No technical questions was asked. Very basic.

Other Interview Reviews for Toyota

Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted following a career fair. First I had a 30 minute phone pre-screen with the recruiter going over my qualifications and goals. Then I had an hour interview with the recruiter and hiring manager where I was asked STAR behavior questions and then about my qualifications for the job. Everyone was very nice and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Give a step to step analysis of how you troubleshooted a complex problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Toyota (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Met Toyota at a recruiting event, offered me an interview on the spot. There were 2 interviewers who were very friendly. The interview was simple behavioral questions and nothing unexpected. For an engineering internship. Was offered the position after the first interview on the spot

Interview Questions

• Name a decision you had to make and walk me through the decision process   Answer Question

They mentioned the company lags on innovation and take a more conservative stance in the product development market. Experiencing an employee shortage so overtime is considered the norm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Toyota (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter by applying online. The recruiter set up a 1 hour phone interview with a group of hiring managers. They asked basic questions about my resume along with behavioral questions following the STAR interviewing process. Within a day I was contacted for a second interview to come on site where I gave a presentation in front of a group of 10-15 hiring managers/employees. In addition, I was asked some engineering questions on the dry erase board in front of the group. The whole interview lasted about an hour and then I was taken on a tour of the facility. I received an offer within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you where you were given a large task. What was your mental preparation to complete the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toyota (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

Traditional panel interview with three mid level employees. Short informal test on basic engineering principles.

Interview Questions

• Tell an instance of how your work saved the company money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Toyota (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

A quick phone interview with the recruiter to asses if my abilities and career goals aligned with the company and position. Interviewed one-on-one with potential future manager. Discussed position life-cycle, job scope, future job scope, company supported internal opportunities, and overall work culture. Everyone had a relaxed attitude with obvious focus on getting the right person, not just getting someone. It was important to make my future goals known and address possible issues that I already have with my current employer. Always important not to talk down about current employment or in general.

Interview Questions

• Idetify a time you made a poor decision. Explain your reasons for making the decision and what outcome you expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toyota (Erlanger, KY) in December 2008.

Interview

They sit you down and ask you general, behavioral style questions. Many may sound alike but i believe the main purpose of their interviews is to see how well you communicate and how well you can speak. It's not that difficult and very similar to others. Just practice your speech.

Interview Questions

• If you had $1,000,000 from the company to donate, what and where would you donate it to? And why?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toyota in January 2011.

Interview

I met with a recruiter during a college career fair, chatted with him, and dropped off my resume. He contacted me soon after requesting an interview. The interview consisted of a panel of three interviewers. They mainly asked questions about my life experiences and background. Overall, the process went quickly and professionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed to prioritize, and explain what happened.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Toyota in September 2010.

Interview

Long process, lots of waiting for the next step in the process.

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable except start date.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Toyota in March 2009.

Interview

Behavorial interview, standard questions about name a time when you did this, name a time when you did that. List a leadership experience. Name a time where you had trouble. What do you have difficulty doing. HR was terrible and took forever to get an answer back.