Toyota Financial Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Toyota Financial Services

Interview Details – Questions were surprisingly easy. I felt really comfortable even though I had no idea what they were going to ask me. I would've excepted the job but I had another offer from one of their competitors that was too hard to pass up. I will definitely keep them in mind again should I be in the job market again. Thanks for the opportunity.

Interview Question – Give us an example in your last job of a tough decision you had to make   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through other source - interviewed at Toyota Financial Services in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by two managers and the other supervisors in the department. At the end there was a final interview by human resources. The process took about 2 months. It was a lengthy process, they wanted to make sure I was the right fit for the group.

Interview Question – They have a scrip, so if you have been several years with the company you have a pretty good idea of what they are going to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non, they just said I was not eligible for salary increase

Collector Interview

Collector
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Toyota Financial Services in September 2011.

Interview Details – Ask Behavioral questions

Interview Question – No difficult questions, pretty easy questions to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy to negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Toyota Financial Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – questions tend to be very generic, most of which are behavior questions. There are industry specific questions, but most of which are job related, instead of brain teaser, or "consulting" case interview. As long as you have the relevant skill or did the same job from the prior employer, you will get good chance.

Interview Question – what's your area of development   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative (Collections) Interview

Customer Service Representative (Collections)
Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Toyota Financial Services.

Interview Details – I did not obtain an interview yet, but the recruiter for the Phoenix (Chandler) area was very friendly at the career fair at my University this afternoon. You can tell she is very customer service oriented and wants the same person for the position, and is definitely waiting for the individual to sell his/herself in order to get the position.

Interview Question – What do you like about the position?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Leasing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Toyota Financial Services.

Interview Details – The interview process took the longest I have ever experienced. I went through 3 phone interviews and then 3 interviews in person, one in HR, one with the department and on that we had a tour and it was very informal, basically just reviewed my resume and then the 3rd in person was with the hiring manager and was a personality test and then situation questions and behavioral type of interview with just the hiring manager and myself.

Interview Question – None they were all easy and expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them when they called to interview that I wouldn't talk to them unless they would pay me at least $17.00 /hr, went through all 6 calls and interviews taking 2 months and they offered me the job for much less. I said, NO unless you are coming way up, you have wasted my time and yours I told you from the beginning. They ended up slowly coming up, finally I said I told you from the beginning its my last offer to you, take it or leave it, they called back and I accepted.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Toyota Financial Services

Interview Details – 3 interviews, 2 over Webex. They asked a whole range of questions regarding past experience, and job expectations. Very stringent and detailed interview process, as Toyota insists on hiring the best, at the cheapest rate possible. They like to hire contractors a lot more, so they can pay no benefits.

Interview Question – What is your favorite food item during lunch break.   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

Customer Account Representative
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota Financial Services in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was great, then I had to take an assessment test.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a customer who is yelling at you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a starting salary about 2000 higher than they offered.

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Dealer Account Manager
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota Financial Services in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview at TMFC was good however they really want the "Book Worm Nerd" People to hire in the Field for Dealer Services. So if you have a BA and never worked in the Auto Industry you probably get hired.

Why they like that blows because any Toyota Dealership especially in Southern Ca prefer Dealer Service Rep to either worked in the Car Business or know what they are doing in the field. The interview was very low key and text book questions reading form a piece of paper asking you "What do you see yourself in 5 Years"

For 12 years in the Auto Industry on both sides coming with good experience from the inside I didn’t get to far with Toyota, it would have be nice to get the job and make the $90,000.

Interview Question – What 2 words do you discribe yourself.   View Answer

Department Manager - Customer Service Interview

Department Manager - Customer Service
Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toyota Financial Services in November 2011.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview with H/R Manager, followed by 1:1 Interview with H/R manager.
Two panel Interviews: 1st with Peers in position and h/r.
Second with two next levels of management including direct supervisor, site manager, and peers of direct manager.
Lots of canned behavioral questions in panel interviews such as: Give an example when you encountered this scenario. Have you ever had to do this... etc. Everyone in the panels working from pre-printed forms and writing down everything I said.
The site manager was more focused and attitude, management philosophy, and customer service focus. H/R verified qualifications - more of a rundown of my resume/application.
The culture appears to be very people-oriented - caring - very concerned about feelings, perceptions, work-family balance issues.

I was called by H/R several days later with the decline indicating that a more precise match with a candidate in the automotive industry was selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to build concensus with peers and superiors to be successful.   Answer Question
  • How would you describe your approach to challenging people?   Answer Question

Worked for Toyota Financial Services? Contribute to the Community!