Toyota Interview Questions

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Toyota in September 2014.

They are looking for very pushy sales people. This was in Lancaster, PA. The interviewer stated he needs very thick skinned people, and he curses his sales people out. In addition to this guy told me after he curses you out he doesn't hold grudges and he moves on. He was very polite with me, but was also very direct and honest.

Interview Questions
    • Why do we want to hire you? You have five minutes to answer this question.   View Answer

Purchasing Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toyota in September 2014.

Very straightforward, met a recruiter at a campus career fair, I was scheduled for an interview for the next day. The interview ran in a STAR format, with several behavior focused questions. Two weeks later, i received a phone notice about a pending offer of employment, which i received via email two days later.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions! Be prepared to back up your answers following the STAR format.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toyota.

I was lucky to hear from my university about a co-op/internship opportunity at Toyota, so I jumped at the chance. Even though I was younger than what the employers expected (I was 19 and in undergrad), I got an interview nonetheless. During my first phone interview the interviewer asked me 3 very simple behavioral STARs questions: 1) Give me an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision, 2) Why do you want to work at Toyota, 3) What was one time you had a leadership role in something. It lasted a total of 15 minutes and then we scheduled a time for my second interview. The interviewer was very nice and calming, but it was a bit odd that she kept on forgetting my major and kept asking if I was getting my phD. My second phone interview was with 3 people of managerial positions. They were great and all introduced themselves and their work experiences. My entire interview consisted of me explaining every point of my resume in detail and it lasted a very long time-an hour and half. At the end I didn't get the position for that semester, but they did offer me an opportunity for the next semester. I didn't take it.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me very specific questions about my previous research experience during my second interview--such as specific measurement scales and the like.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyota.

Hired on within 10 minutes of speaking to a recruiter. The on boarding system was rough in 2012, but has consistently gotten better. Toyota has been able to kaizen (continuously improve) this process and it has helped for the traveling engineers/interns that deal with hiring on 2x/yr.

No Negotiation for co-op salaries.

Specialist Interview

4 people asking questions. Follows the STAR format and also has some competency questions.

EE Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toyota in November 2013.

I was not that actively seeking for job that time however I got call from there so process was like :HR round first then Technical round. I did not hear back any feedback for another two months. Finally they informed me they already hired other candidate

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toyota.

I got a call to come in for the initial typing test followed by a 30 minute behavioral interview. While I did not get a job offer I really appreciated the fact that they personally called me to let me know. Usually you either don't hear from a company at all or you just get an email.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. If you do your homework on interview questions and come up with some standard answers before your interview you should be fine   Answer Question

Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toyota in October 2013.

Had an interview on campus after talking with a recruiter at a career fair. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing too out of the ordinary. Seemed like it went well, was told I would be contacted either way within the next day or two and never heard back. I've called the recruiter and one of the interviewers who gave me his card with no response back from either one. Not sure what happened.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyota in October 2013.

There were two people. Asked two star questions. How did you contribute to your last co-op experience. Second was how did you contribute to the team as a person when working on your last co-op project.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Toyota in September 2013.

My interview process was maybe a bit different. I initially met the company at a school job fair. Gave them my resume and scheduled an interview the next day. I met with a group of three other Toyota employees. First they asked me to go over in detail every element of my resume. I elaborated on all my activities and verified my GPA.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were mostly how would you deal with a stressful environment. I just thought back to my classes. I mentioned when I had multiple projects and deadlines to met and how I managed it.   Answer Question

I'm a chemical engineering and I thought I would have better opportunities elsewhere.