Toyota Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.7

Co-Op Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toyota.

I was lucky to hear from my university about a co-op/internship opportunity at Toyota, so I jumped at the chance. Even though I was younger than what the employers expected (I was 19 and in undergrad), I got an interview nonetheless. During my first phone interview the interviewer asked me 3 very simple behavioral STARs questions: 1) Give me an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision, 2) Why do you want to work at Toyota, 3) What was one time you had a leadership role in something. It lasted a total of 15 minutes and then we scheduled a time for my second interview. The interviewer was very nice and calming, but it was a bit odd that she kept on forgetting my major and kept asking if I was getting my phD. My second phone interview was with 3 people of managerial positions. They were great and all introduced themselves and their work experiences. My entire interview consisted of me explaining every point of my resume in detail and it lasted a very long time-an hour and half. At the end I didn't get the position for that semester, but they did offer me an opportunity for the next semester. I didn't take it.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me very specific questions about my previous research experience during my second interview--such as specific measurement scales and the like.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota.

Hired on within 10 minutes of speaking to a recruiter. The on boarding system was rough in 2012, but has consistently gotten better. Toyota has been able to kaizen (continuously improve) this process and it has helped for the traveling engineers/interns that deal with hiring on 2x/yr.

No Negotiation for co-op salaries.

EE Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Toyota in November 2013.

I was not that actively seeking for job that time however I got call from there so process was like :HR round first then Technical round. I did not hear back any feedback for another two months. Finally they informed me they already hired other candidate

Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toyota in June 2010.

First I applied online and received a phone call within a couple hours. I was asked to interview with someone at Lexus as they are owned by the same company. I received an interview within the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to submit to a drug test this afternoon?   Answer Question

Skill Maintenance Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Toyota in November 2012.

They really tested you on hands-on experience, there is a practical test before the oral interview.

Interview Questions
    • They want to be sure you are ok working rotational shift.   View Answer
    There was not a negotiation, it was just a one offer deal

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Toyota in April 2013.

it was one on one and it was easy

please just be honest with them

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in October 2013.

There were two people. Asked two star questions. How did you contribute to your last co-op experience. Second was how did you contribute to the team as a person when working on your last co-op project.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toyota in September 2013.

My interview process was maybe a bit different. I initially met the company at a school job fair. Gave them my resume and scheduled an interview the next day. I met with a group of three other Toyota employees. First they asked me to go over in detail every element of my resume. I elaborated on all my activities and verified my GPA.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were mostly how would you deal with a stressful environment. I just thought back to my classes. I mentioned when I had multiple projects and deadlines to met and how I managed it.   Answer Question

I'm a chemical engineering and I thought I would have better opportunities elsewhere.

Specialist Interview

4 people asking questions. Follows the STAR format and also has some competency questions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in June 2009.

The interview was very casual and lasted about 10 mins. The interviewer asked me very basic questions like my language ability and what I have done for my extracarriculum activities.

Interview Questions

Worked for Toyota? Contribute to the Community!