Toyota

56 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Star Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Toyota.

Interview Details – Applied online, HR called for a brief talk, first interview, second interview

Interview Question – Nothing tough, just generic situation oriented questions.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Toyota in March 2013.

Interview Details – First contacted at a college career fair, after an initial brief 1:1 interview was granted a second 20 min interview the next day with an HR reviewer and Mechanical engineer. Was asked mainly behavioral questions. After 5 weeks was called by phone to schedule a second phone interview. This interview was a short 10min interview with 3 behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Draw an isometric view of a part based on 3 views. Appeared to have a twist with two views showing a different part.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Marketing Manager Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in March 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed back in grad school before the economy bottomed out. The auto industry was still doing very well at the time, particularly Toyota. The process began with the standard company presentation at our school. There was a dinner prior to the day of interviews and the interviewers seemed to enjoy seeing which candidates could do the best job of brown nosing.

The actual interview itself consisted of two interviewers and consisted of pretty standard questions. However, the general tone and feel of the interview was very stand-offish. I'm respectful and friendly toward everybody who interviews me, but they were generally rude and seemed from the beginning to think I wouldn't be a good fit or that I wasn't qualified. In other words, it didn't seem I was given a fair chance from the first minute we began speaking.

Throughout each step of the process the company representatives gave off a feel of extreme arrogance. I understand that Toyota was at the top of the industry at the time, but I've worked with plenty of extraordinarily smart people who also understand how to be humble and respectful.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions that took me off-guard. The biggest difficulty with the interview was that the interviewers gave me the impression that they felt like they were wasting their time with me. There's not really an easy way to overcome that.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Rockwall, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in June 2010.

Interview Details – I first had went in and filled out an application and the hospitality was great. They had called me a week later and we had talked about the front desk position because that was where I had the most experience. It then took a turn for the worst: They started trying to get me to take a different postition and it was one where I had little to no experience. They had my resume and everything. I was told they would call me back to set up an in-person interview and it never happened. I had even called back and left several messages and I could not get anyone to return my call.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in working in the Cafe?   View Answer

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Assistant Service Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in June 2011.

Interview Details – Found add on job search website, got called in for interview 2 days later, hired on the spot. Took background and drug test and waited 1 week to start after went through.

Interview Question – If a customer didnt like what you were trying to tell them about their car and didnt believe you what would you say?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Car Sales Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in February 2012.

Interview Details – talked to two mangers

Interview Question – can you work everyday ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is none

Customer Relations Intern Interview

Torrance, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Toyota in April 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very thorough and very involved. I was first interviewed by hr via phone, then interviewed by a manager on the phone. After those I was invited to come down to hq for a skills test and a panel interview. I interviewed with two managers for an hour. The interview consisted of many situational/ behavioral questions. Be prepared. While I was there I also completed a multitasking/ skills test on a computer in an empty office. It wasn't difficult. I received a phone call with an offer a half hour after leaving the interview. Just be prepared with knowledge about Toyota, be confident and personable!

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer yelling at you on the phone over a bad dealership experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Engineering Interview

Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Toyota in November 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from a recruiter by applying online. The recruiter set up a 1 hour phone interview with a group of hiring managers. They asked basic questions about my resume along with behavioral questions following the STAR interviewing process. Within a day I was contacted for a second interview to come on site where I gave a presentation in front of a group of 10-15 hiring managers/employees. In addition, I was asked some engineering questions on the dry erase board in front of the group. The whole interview lasted about an hour and then I was taken on a tour of the facility. I received an offer within a few weeks.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you where you were given a large task. What was your mental preparation to complete the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toyota in February 2010.

Interview Details – behavioral q's

Interview Question – how do you feel about working with people from different cultures?   View Answer

MBA Marketing Intern Interview

Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Toyota in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by recruiter 4 months later. She asked me basic questions regarding availability etc. I asked her to define the role, she was vague and said I will learn more during the interview. Scheduled interview at headquarters. I asked the recruiter who I would be interviewing, she replied she would not know until the day of the interview (4 days away). In the interim the recruiter contacted me asking me for my contact at a company I had interned for, saying that " another candidate wanted it." I found this odd and somewhat inappropriate, but being eager to cooperate I passed along the info. Arrived at the interview, waited 15 min, Met with 2 ppl in the marketing department. They asked very specific questions, some relevant and other's bizarre, such as "how do you organize your data?" I got the impression they didn't really what the job would entail or types of projects I would be working on. Interviewers were unfriendly and gave little feedback during the interview. I followed up with thank you cards and emails to recruiter and interviewers. Never received the courtesy of a response one way or the other. Overall I was disappointed in the experience, especially the recruiter who asked me for a favor but didn't even respond to my follow up emails.

Interview Questions