Toyota Interview Questions

2.7

Parts Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tupelo, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in September 2010.

One telephone interview and the a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you gave a subordinate a task for their development even though you could have done it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in August 2010.

Traditional panel interview with three mid level employees. Short informal test on basic engineering principles.

Interview Questions
    • Tell an instance of how your work saved the company money?   Answer Question

Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toyota in June 2010.

First I applied online and received a phone call within a couple hours. I was asked to interview with someone at Lexus as they are owned by the same company. I received an interview within the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to submit to a drug test this afternoon?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockwall, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in June 2010.

I first had went in and filled out an application and the hospitality was great. They had called me a week later and we had talked about the front desk position because that was where I had the most experience. It then took a turn for the worst: They started trying to get me to take a different postition and it was one where I had little to no experience. They had my resume and everything. I was told they would call me back to set up an in-person interview and it never happened. I had even called back and left several messages and I could not get anyone to return my call.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in working in the Cafe?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in May 2010.

Phone call. Scheduled Interview. 1 on 1. Then got the offer next day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for an intern. All make the same.

Customer Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Toyota in April 2010.

The process was very thorough and very involved. I was first interviewed by hr via phone, then interviewed by a manager on the phone. After those I was invited to come down to hq for a skills test and a panel interview. I interviewed with two managers for an hour. The interview consisted of many situational/ behavioral questions. Be prepared. While I was there I also completed a multitasking/ skills test on a computer in an empty office. It wasn't difficult. I received a phone call with an offer a half hour after leaving the interview. Just be prepared with knowledge about Toyota, be confident and personable!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer yelling at you on the phone over a bad dealership experience?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Toyota in March 2010.

A quick phone interview with the recruiter to asses if my abilities and career goals aligned with the company and position. Interviewed one-on-one with potential future manager. Discussed position life-cycle, job scope, future job scope, company supported internal opportunities, and overall work culture. Everyone had a relaxed attitude with obvious focus on getting the right person, not just getting someone. It was important to make my future goals known and address possible issues that I already have with my current employer. Always important not to talk down about current employment or in general.

Interview Questions
    • Idetify a time you made a poor decision. Explain your reasons for making the decision and what outcome you expected.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in March 2010.

went over resume and discused financial experience. They were looking for someone very personable and asked questions specific to previous customer interaction and how to handle upset clients.

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with a customer that is upset with the work done on their vehicle?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toyota in February 2010.

behavioral q's

Interview Questions
    • how do you feel about working with people from different cultures?   View Answer

Ordering & Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Toyota in December 2009.

Initial interview consisted of 3 behavioral questions(job specific experience based) followed by the general interview questions - strengths/weaknesses, why do people like to work with you, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Using the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result), describe recent problem you had to overcome by coordinating with different departments.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable