Toyota

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer Apprentice Interview

Graduate Engineer Apprentice
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Toyota in May 2014.

Interview Details – Basic Questions related to manufacturing and Manufacturing processes. If you have the time, it would be wise to pick up a book and revise the basics. The process generally consists of 3 rounds, one apti+tech test, HR interview and tech interview. They do look for passion for automobiles, so it's a good idea to know something about your car, especially if it's a toyota.

Interview Question – What's the fastest car in the world?   View Answer

Product Planner Interview

Product Planner
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Toyota in September 2011.

Interview Details – There were a total of 4 rounds. The first one warned that this is a Japanese company - which requires you to pay attention to Japanese workforce culture and ethics. Long working hours are the norm and low compensation at entry levels are painful. Once you are ok with this, you will be referred to round 2 at the company.

Round 2 is for the interviewer to feel comfortable with you in a Japanese company. Only long-term employees will be considered. You will be reminded of the low base pay and the employer will try to analyse your comfort level or if this job is for you. To the Japanese, working in Toyota is a big achievement. To Singaporeans, such a low pay is really not for you unless you are into cars.

Round 3 is when you meet your bosses. They will try to see how useful you are and which role in the department is suitable for you. If you seem to be useful for some position that is not available, they will close the case.

Those passionate with cars have no problem. Some interviewers feel passion is useless without skill, while most agree that these employees don't quit easily.

Interview Question – How long do you intend to work for Toyota? What is your 5 year plan?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is impossible to negotiate (also heard from very convincing co-workers). Toyota is well known for giving less at this phase. However long term employees are rewarded very well.

Very Easy Interview

Demand and Supply Specialist Interview

Demand and Supply Specialist
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toyota.

Interview Details – The whole hiring process was fast and efficient. HR will contact you and invite you for either 2-3 round of interviews. Interviews questions may vary according to situation. First round is usually group interview which they will give scenarios and asked for your opinions. Final round will be with the head of department.

Interview Question – No particular hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiable.

R&D Scientist Interview

R&D Scientist

Interviewed at Toyota

Interview Details – Telephone interview followed by face to face interview. The work culture at the European headquarters is inspired by the Japanese parent company. In particular this means that currently, working from home is not authorised. The offices looked very nice and the atmosphere was friendly.

Interview Question – Most of the questions focused on vision for future automobiles. There were some tricky concrete questions along the lines of timescales to production etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Caringbah (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in May 2011.

Interview Details – Behavioural based interview process.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you were faced with trying to push a point across but you couldn't win over your manager, how did you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Met me halfway with salary expectation, felt like a win-win.

Very Easy Interview

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Toyota in December 2012.

Interview Details – Asked about

1) All aspects of my resume. how my leadership positions in the resume yielded any lessons which could possibly be applicable to position applied for

2) What I expected of the roles and responsibilities in the job I applied for

3) How i overcame a problem and reconcile interests between 2 conflicting parties

Interview Question – none, all were pretty straight forward.

just be familiar with the STAR method.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Starting for fresh grads as of 11/12/12 is 2.8k

Anonymous Interview

Multān (Pakistan)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Toyota in June 2011.

Interview Details – hiring process starts with a written test, then a verbal test is taken , and finally ends up with an interview.

Interview Question – technically question can be differentiate and explain between alternate and direct current   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer

Interviewed at Toyota

Interview Details – There are 4 basic steps: Psychological Test, HR Interview, User Interview, and Medical Check-Up. Basically when you've passed the User Interview Test, the medical check-up is just an administration.

Interview Question – The most difficult step is definitely the User Interview. You may be interviewed by several users to find which place best suits you (and which user is suited with you). The most unexpected question was What will I do in a team to influence others to do what I want.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Toyota.

Interview Details – Typical interview times is about 3, one with HR, the other is with hiring manager and the last is with the hiring manager and the vice-president of the department which you'll be entering. HR will interview you based on your qualifications, experience as well as your suitability. Hiring managers will ask you more on your knowledge of the job as well as to test your critical thinking and problem solving skills. Last interview with the hiring manager and vice-president is more of them explaining the overall job to you to see if you might still be interested.

Interview Question – To explain the current automotive market as well as the automotive market in the next 3-5 years time. And explain in your opinion, which countries should Toyota expand into and why? And what factors be it natural or man-made will affect the Toyota manufacturing line?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically, there was no room for negotiation. If you don't accept their terms, they will not even ask you to stay.

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Toyota.

Interview Details – I was approached by them as a member of the society of women engineers the night before our career/co-op fair. The next day I spoke with a representitive and was invited to in interview the following day. It was a very fast process and they want a response from you quickly. HR can be a little slow getting back to you after you have been hired. I didn't know my department until about a month before I started and my roommate didn't know her location until about 8 weeks before we started.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to work with someone who had different ideas/ plans then you. What happened?
If you designed something that was put into production and got a call that it didn't work what would you do.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay is decided by how long you have been in school but a housing stipend was included. There was an opportunity to request what plant to work at but because it was my first co-op I let them place me where they needed me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toyota