Toyota Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyota (Louisville, KY) in March 2011.

Interview

Gave resume to recruiter, recruiter asked me questions, then called me for an interview.

Parts Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyota (Tupelo, MS) in September 2010.

Interview

One telephone interview and the a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you gave a subordinate a task for their development even though you could have done it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyota (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

Traditional panel interview with three mid level employees. Short informal test on basic engineering principles.

Interview Questions

• Tell an instance of how your work saved the company money?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyota (Rockwall, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I first had went in and filled out an application and the hospitality was great. They had called me a week later and we had talked about the front desk position because that was where I had the most experience. It then took a turn for the worst: They started trying to get me to take a different postition and it was one where I had little to no experience. They had my resume and everything. I was told they would call me back to set up an in-person interview and it never happened. I had even called back and left several messages and I could not get anyone to return my call.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in working in the Cafe?   1 Answer

Porter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Toyota (Orland Park, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

First I applied online and received a phone call within a couple hours. I was asked to interview with someone at Lexus as they are owned by the same company. I received an interview within the same day.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to submit to a drug test this afternoon?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyota (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone call. Scheduled Interview. 1 on 1. Then got the offer next day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for an intern. All make the same.

Customer Relations Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Toyota (Torrance, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

The process was very thorough and very involved. I was first interviewed by hr via phone, then interviewed by a manager on the phone. After those I was invited to come down to hq for a skills test and a panel interview. I interviewed with two managers for an hour. The interview consisted of many situational/ behavioral questions. Be prepared. While I was there I also completed a multitasking/ skills test on a computer in an empty office. It wasn't difficult. I received a phone call with an offer a half hour after leaving the interview. Just be prepared with knowledge about Toyota, be confident and personable!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer yelling at you on the phone over a bad dealership experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Toyota (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

A quick phone interview with the recruiter to asses if my abilities and career goals aligned with the company and position. Interviewed one-on-one with potential future manager. Discussed position life-cycle, job scope, future job scope, company supported internal opportunities, and overall work culture. Everyone had a relaxed attitude with obvious focus on getting the right person, not just getting someone. It was important to make my future goals known and address possible issues that I already have with my current employer. Always important not to talk down about current employment or in general.

Interview Questions

• Idetify a time you made a poor decision. Explain your reasons for making the decision and what outcome you expected.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyota (Grapevine, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

went over resume and discused financial experience. They were looking for someone very personable and asked questions specific to previous customer interaction and how to handle upset clients.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a customer that is upset with the work done on their vehicle?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toyota (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

behavioral q's

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about working with people from different cultures?   1 Answer