Toyota

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Star Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Toyota.

Applied online, HR called for a brief talk, first interview, second interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tough, just generic situation oriented questions.   View Answer

MBA Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toyota in April 2011.

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter 4 months later. She asked me basic questions regarding availability etc. I asked her to define the role, she was vague and said I will learn more during the interview. Scheduled interview at headquarters. I asked the recruiter who I would be interviewing, she replied she would not know until the day of the interview (4 days away). In the interim the recruiter contacted me asking me for my contact at a company I had interned for, saying that " another candidate wanted it." I found this odd and somewhat inappropriate, but being eager to cooperate I passed along the info. Arrived at the interview, waited 15 min, Met with 2 ppl in the marketing department. They asked very specific questions, some relevant and other's bizarre, such as "how do you organize your data?" I got the impression they didn't really what the job would entail or types of projects I would be working on. Interviewers were unfriendly and gave little feedback during the interview. I followed up with thank you cards and emails to recruiter and interviewers. Never received the courtesy of a response one way or the other. Overall I was disappointed in the experience, especially the recruiter who asked me for a favor but didn't even respond to my follow up emails.

Customer Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Toyota in April 2010.

The process was very thorough and very involved. I was first interviewed by hr via phone, then interviewed by a manager on the phone. After those I was invited to come down to hq for a skills test and a panel interview. I interviewed with two managers for an hour. The interview consisted of many situational/ behavioral questions. Be prepared. While I was there I also completed a multitasking/ skills test on a computer in an empty office. It wasn't difficult. I received a phone call with an offer a half hour after leaving the interview. Just be prepared with knowledge about Toyota, be confident and personable!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer yelling at you on the phone over a bad dealership experience?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Toyota in March 2010.

A quick phone interview with the recruiter to asses if my abilities and career goals aligned with the company and position. Interviewed one-on-one with potential future manager. Discussed position life-cycle, job scope, future job scope, company supported internal opportunities, and overall work culture. Everyone had a relaxed attitude with obvious focus on getting the right person, not just getting someone. It was important to make my future goals known and address possible issues that I already have with my current employer. Always important not to talk down about current employment or in general.

Interview Questions
    • Idetify a time you made a poor decision. Explain your reasons for making the decision and what outcome you expected.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyota in March 2008.

I interviewed back in grad school before the economy bottomed out. The auto industry was still doing very well at the time, particularly Toyota. The process began with the standard company presentation at our school. There was a dinner prior to the day of interviews and the interviewers seemed to enjoy seeing which candidates could do the best job of brown nosing.

The actual interview itself consisted of two interviewers and consisted of pretty standard questions. However, the general tone and feel of the interview was very stand-offish. I'm respectful and friendly toward everybody who interviews me, but they were generally rude and seemed from the beginning to think I wouldn't be a good fit or that I wasn't qualified. In other words, it didn't seem I was given a fair chance from the first minute we began speaking.

Throughout each step of the process the company representatives gave off a feel of extreme arrogance. I understand that Toyota was at the top of the industry at the time, but I've worked with plenty of extraordinarily smart people who also understand how to be humble and respectful.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions that took me off-guard. The biggest difficulty with the interview was that the interviewers gave me the impression that they felt like they were wasting their time with me. There's not really an easy way to overcome that.   Answer Question