Toyota MBA Marketing Intern Interview Questions

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

MBA Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toyota (Torrance, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter 4 months later. She asked me basic questions regarding availability etc. I asked her to define the role, she was vague and said I will learn more during the interview. Scheduled interview at headquarters. I asked the recruiter who I would be interviewing, she replied she would not know until the day of the interview (4 days away). In the interim the recruiter contacted me asking me for my contact at a company I had interned for, saying that " another candidate wanted it." I found this odd and somewhat inappropriate, but being eager to cooperate I passed along the info. Arrived at the interview, waited 15 min, Met with 2 ppl in the marketing department. They asked very specific questions, some relevant and other's bizarre, such as "how do you organize your data?" I got the impression they didn't really what the job would entail or types of projects I would be working on. Interviewers were unfriendly and gave little feedback during the interview. I followed up with thank you cards and emails to recruiter and interviewers. Never received the courtesy of a response one way or the other. Overall I was disappointed in the experience, especially the recruiter who asked me for a favor but didn't even respond to my follow up emails.

Interview Questions