Toyota Marketing Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toyota in March 2008.

I interviewed back in grad school before the economy bottomed out. The auto industry was still doing very well at the time, particularly Toyota. The process began with the standard company presentation at our school. There was a dinner prior to the day of interviews and the interviewers seemed to enjoy seeing which candidates could do the best job of brown nosing.

The actual interview itself consisted of two interviewers and consisted of pretty standard questions. However, the general tone and feel of the interview was very stand-offish. I'm respectful and friendly toward everybody who interviews me, but they were generally rude and seemed from the beginning to think I wouldn't be a good fit or that I wasn't qualified. In other words, it didn't seem I was given a fair chance from the first minute we began speaking.

Throughout each step of the process the company representatives gave off a feel of extreme arrogance. I understand that Toyota was at the top of the industry at the time, but I've worked with plenty of extraordinarily smart people who also understand how to be humble and respectful.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions that took me off-guard. The biggest difficulty with the interview was that the interviewers gave me the impression that they felt like they were wasting their time with me. There's not really an easy way to overcome that.   Answer Question