Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.9

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Rochester, NY).

Interview

30 minute interview with three Toyota employees. Two were engineers and one was part of HR. Used and emphasized STAR format. They asked about five questions and got back to me that day with a job offer.

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Erlanger, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

It took more than 4 month from the day I received a phone call from a recruiter talking about this position to the day I received the offer. I went through 3 phone interviews with two different recruiters and an on site interview with 2 managers and an observer. First they talked about what they do and briefly described the position, then asked me to quickly go through my resume and asked couple of questions about specific items in my resume.(they both had read my resume and had those items highlighted) then STAR questions and a quick easy 2 question test to check my understanding of basics in purchasing and then answered my questions at the end.(Think ahead to ask effective questions) You may expect 2 to 6 weeks of silent period between each step. But surprisingly I got a call from my first recruiter 2 hours after on site interview, saying that I may be receiving an offer! a week later I got the offer. Put up to 6 weeks for pre-employment process after accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• 5~6 STAR questions. -Tell us about a time you made a significant change in a process or procedure. -Tell us about a time you handled a team of people. -Tell us about a time you did not reach to your targets. - How do you define Conflict and Tell us about a time you handled conflict. - Why Toyota   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

I talked to them at the college career fair, and they invited me to an on-campus interview the second day. Three people interviewed me. They let me introduce myself and started asking questions. It is STAR format interview, and mostly you talk about your experience. Questions usually starts with:"Tell me a time when you....."

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Erlanger, KY).

Interview

Behavioral Interviewing technique. Initial phone screen with recruiter followed by on site interview with hiring manager and panel. 2nd interview with second level mgmt team. All interviews including phone screen are behavioral questions requiring specific first hand results. Offer extended verbally, followed by written confirmation. Long pre-employment process and lifted start date options.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with the direction of the division, but needed support the objective. How did you accomplish.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers. They introduced themselves and then asked me to do the same. Then they asked me to go over my resume. The questions asked were the STAR questions.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing.

Interview

Star based interview process. I was asked basic questions about how I handled difficult situations and about projects I had worked on. The interview was easy going and welcoming. I was given an offer the same day and was given 2 weeks to accept.

Interview Questions

• There was not any tricky questions. I was asked about designing experience which I did not have at the moment.   1 Answer

Interview

Meet them at a career fair and got an interview. They ask the typical behavioral questions like: tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person and how you handled it. They were very open and honest about what the work would be like and even gave me general work and interviewing advice. They were really fast with feedback. A few hours after the interview, they called with an offer.

Interview Questions

I didn't want to move to Ohio at the time.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing.

Interview

As other people have stated, they do use the STAR method. That in itself is not a difficult process, but they want you to answer pre-determined questions using the STAR method, and that is a little difficult. So don't try to have answers to questions in advance, because you will find that you can't fit them into the questions they ask of you. They were really nice, and not "corporate" at all, so if that is making you nervous, don't let it. I made the mistake of thinking it would be a team of difficult people interviewing me, and the three people I spoke with were actually quite pleasant and funny. But for me the damage was done because I was anticipating something different, and so I was hardly prepared.

Interview Questions

• They want NUMBERS, so that can be tough in certain positions to answer with numbers. So For example, discuss a time when your work schedule became erratic because of a shortage of parts or materials on a certain project, and how did you handle it. That was a tough one because in HR, people are numbers, not parts or materials.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Interview

They asked me about my resume and how i worked in groups. Behavioral analysis questions...tell me about a time when you had to overcome group differences. Or tell me about when you started a project and the project failed. Things of that nature

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing.

Interview

Toyota's interview style is "behavioral interviewing". With behavioral interviewing we ask that you answer the questions using past/current work experiences in the S/TAR format: S = state the situation (paint the picture of your experience); T= explain your task(s); A = describe the actions you took (not what the group did); and R = tell us the result(s). We ask that you use real experiences/situations, not hypothetical, and respond with what you did (I vs. we), and give quantitative results. We cover areas like adaptability, building relationships, managing work, decision making, initiating action, standardization, etc. I would suggest bringing with you a pen and paper in order to take notes, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable