Toyota Technical Center Interview Questions & Reviews

3.5

Associate Powertrain Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gardena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Toyota Technical Center.

The company goes through 2 interviews. There were three people involved in my interviews including the human resource person and two managers in charge of the two divisions. The whole first interview took 1 hour and the next one took 2 hours. They asked about 5 STAR-type questions and I recommend using your resume items in your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you were in an argument with your teammates and you ended up being wrong. How did you reconcile yourself and how did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota Technical Center in May 2012.

I was approached by Toyota to interview with them after they received my resume from my college of engineering. I initially had a phone interview and about 2 days later they scheduled an interview. The initial phone interview consisted of a resume review with some added "STAR" questions that were fairly standard. The second interview was held at the TTC where i met with 3 managers, 1 general manager and an HR representative. All of the managers were mechanical engineers some of them in physical testing and one in simulations. I was asked to do another resume review with a couple of questions asked from them about project i have worked on. I completed a 10 to 15 minute presentation where a couple of questions were asked during with more to follow. The questions were insightful but not too difficult to answer everyone seemed generally interested in the presentation. Following the presentation i was asked some several technical questions that were not too hard. Although i did get confused about one of the questions the interviewers helped with it. Following the questions i was given a 15 to 20 minute tour of the facilities which were new and very nice. The work culture seemed very business oriented with open desks instead of cubicals, which is common in Japanese's workplaces. The people all were very friendly and seemed very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • A simply supported beam with a center load was drawn and i had to draw the shear and bending moment diagrams.   View Answer
    • Acceleration curve was drawn and i had to draw the velocity and displacement profiles   View Answer
    • Had to mesh a part   View Answer

Design Engineer Interview

There was an initial interview with the Assistant Manager and a follow up interview with General Manager and Manager.
    Questions were centered around past experience and also included a "what would you do to solve this problem....".
    The proposed problem was an actual task which was then assigned to me after being hired.
    Fair and balanced process and interviewers appreciated my pre-prepared questions to ask them.

Interview Questions
    Negotiating was not required as the initial offer was acceptable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toyota Technical Center

Worked for Toyota Technical Center? Contribute to the Community!