Toyota Technical Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Powertrain Engineer Interview

Associate Powertrain Engineer
Gardena, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Toyota Technical Center.

Interview Details – The company goes through 2 interviews. There were three people involved in my interviews including the human resource person and two managers in charge of the two divisions. The whole first interview took 1 hour and the next one took 2 hours. They asked about 5 STAR-type questions and I recommend using your resume items in your responses.

Interview Question – Describe how you were in an argument with your teammates and you ended up being wrong. How did you reconcile yourself and how did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Ann Arbor, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota Technical Center in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was approached by Toyota to interview with them after they received my resume from my college of engineering. I initially had a phone interview and about 2 days later they scheduled an interview. The initial phone interview consisted of a resume review with some added "STAR" questions that were fairly standard. The second interview was held at the TTC where i met with 3 managers, 1 general manager and an HR representative. All of the managers were mechanical engineers some of them in physical testing and one in simulations. I was asked to do another resume review with a couple of questions asked from them about project i have worked on. I completed a 10 to 15 minute presentation where a couple of questions were asked during with more to follow. The questions were insightful but not too difficult to answer everyone seemed generally interested in the presentation. Following the presentation i was asked some several technical questions that were not too hard. Although i did get confused about one of the questions the interviewers helped with it. Following the questions i was given a 15 to 20 minute tour of the facilities which were new and very nice. The work culture seemed very business oriented with open desks instead of cubicals, which is common in Japanese's workplaces. The people all were very friendly and seemed very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• A simply supported beam with a center load was drawn and i had to draw the shear and bending moment diagrams.   View Answer
  • Acceleration curve was drawn and i had to draw the velocity and displacement profiles   View Answer
  • Had to mesh a part   View Answer

Worked for Toyota Technical Center? Contribute to the Community!