Toyota Tsusho America Interview Questions

2.4

Accounts Receivable Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toyota Tsusho America in March 2011.

This company had a long interview process but did not offer a comfortable and safe workplace. This company is known for doing that.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate $32k with no benefits. This was less than my last job as an A/P clerk. My last job offered benefits.

Operations Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Toyota Tsusho America in July 2010.

phone panel

Human Resources Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Toyota Tsusho America in April 2012.

HR Rep did phone screening and invited me in for a formal interview.

Onsite interviewer stumbled over words and looked down the entire time. When I asked questions at the end they weren't answered well nor did it help explain the position.

Overall culture: Office, questions, personalities all seemed very very dated. It was a very awkward experience.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your work history of the past ten years.

(I just graduated college with a BS in Business, I don't have ten years of work history to talk about. If any review was done on their side before the interview they would have known this.)
        Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Toyota Tsusho America in September 2009.

Initially found out about the job through recruiter, who conducted a Skype interview. Within 2 weeks, the recruiter set up a phone interview with the gentleman who would be my boss to confirm if TAI really wanted a one-on-one session. Following the phone interview, the recruiter set up an in person interview for 3 weeks later. At the in-person interview, I was quizzed on my knowledge of subject matter, background, etc by the gentleman who would be my boss and a member of the HR staff. Two weeks later, I was offered the position and began drug testing and background checks.

Originally attempted to negotiate a higher salary, but was told that a) the president of the company would have to approve this and b) due to the extra time this would take, I wouldn't be eligible for a year end bonus. It ended up that due to the recession, I didn't receive a bonus anyway.

Accounting Representative Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota Tsusho America in July 2008.

I used an agency, and I think almost everyone has to, to get the interview because they have a 90 days probation rule where they would prefer to pay you via the agency. I got requested to come in for the interview out of state, there is no reimbursement for travel expenses like with other interviews I've been to. I met the group manager and the senior hr manager. He/She asked me all the questions about my resume while the senior hr manager only informed about the salary and position descriptions. It lasted all of 30 minutes, after I was kept waiting in the lobby for maybe 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate any offer, but I would suggest others do so because in comparing with the details of the job and comparable salaries in trading companies, it may be best to do so.

Worked for Toyota Tsusho America? Contribute to the Community!