Toyota Tsusho America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounts Receivable Supervisor Interview

Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toyota Tsusho America in March 2011.

Interview Details – This company had a long interview process but did not offer a comfortable and safe workplace. This company is known for doing that.

Interview Question – None, as I pretty much discussed my prior experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate $32k with no benefits. This was less than my last job as an A/P clerk. My last job offered benefits.

Operations Interview

Operations

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Toyota Tsusho America in July 2010.

Interview Details – phone panel

Interview Question – what makes you the best choice for the position   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Toyota Tsusho America in April 2012.

Interview Details – HR Rep did phone screening and invited me in for a formal interview.

Onsite interviewer stumbled over words and looked down the entire time. When I asked questions at the end they weren't answered well nor did it help explain the position.

Overall culture: Office, questions, personalities all seemed very very dated. It was a very awkward experience.

Interview Question – Talk about your work history of the past ten years.

(I just graduated college with a BS in Business, I don't have ten years of work history to talk about. If any review was done on their side before the interview they would have known this.)
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Toyota Tsusho America in September 2009.

Interview Details – Initially found out about the job through recruiter, who conducted a Skype interview. Within 2 weeks, the recruiter set up a phone interview with the gentleman who would be my boss to confirm if TAI really wanted a one-on-one session. Following the phone interview, the recruiter set up an in person interview for 3 weeks later. At the in-person interview, I was quizzed on my knowledge of subject matter, background, etc by the gentleman who would be my boss and a member of the HR staff. Two weeks later, I was offered the position and began drug testing and background checks.

Negotiation Details – Originally attempted to negotiate a higher salary, but was told that a) the president of the company would have to approve this and b) due to the extra time this would take, I wouldn't be eligible for a year end bonus. It ended up that due to the recession, I didn't receive a bonus anyway.

Accounting Representative Interview

Accounting Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Toyota Tsusho America in July 2008.

Interview Details – I used an agency, and I think almost everyone has to, to get the interview because they have a 90 days probation rule where they would prefer to pay you via the agency. I got requested to come in for the interview out of state, there is no reimbursement for travel expenses like with other interviews I've been to. I met the group manager and the senior hr manager. He/She asked me all the questions about my resume while the senior hr manager only informed about the salary and position descriptions. It lasted all of 30 minutes, after I was kept waiting in the lobby for maybe 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate any offer, but I would suggest others do so because in comparing with the details of the job and comparable salaries in trading companies, it may be best to do so.

Worked for Toyota Tsusho America? Contribute to the Community!