Toys ''R'' Us

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brooklyn, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was called late in the afternoon about 2:30 from a supervisor asking me if i can make a interview at 4:00 i was told to dress casual.I arrived at the store to be tested on my bike building skill after about 20 min being left alone the assistant manager returned and approved of the end result and hired me on the spot i"m waiting on the background check to clear so i can go and finalize the paperwork

Brooklyn, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in May 2009.

Interview Details – i was recently given a interview for bike assembler and it was pretty easy, i was given a 1 on 1 interview and a skills test

Interview Question – why toysrus?   Answer Question

Altoona, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in June 2010.

Interview Details – I received a phone call about a week or two after applying online for the position of Bike Assembler and was told that they weren't hiring for that position but were for Sales Associates and Stocking. I arrived about 5 minutes early and was told to pick any toy from the store and then go to the employee lounge. I walked in on time but everyone was already there sitting. Its best to arrive 10-15 minutes early because of picking a toy. We then interviewed the person sitting near us and wrote information on a piece of paper. Everyone then took turns presenting the person you interviewed to the managers. After that we took about 5 minutes to think of what they called a commercial for the toy we picked. Most people just described there toy. And then we told the managers why we picked that toy and what our all time favorite toy was. The managers said we were going to build something out of legos but decided not to because it would take a lot of time so we went on to 1 on 1 interviews. First people to arrive were first to get an interview. The interview was short and questions were simple: Why Toys R Us?, What's your biggest weakness?, What would your previous employers say you biggest strength is? and some questions about the positions your willing to work and if your good with electronics. It was so much easier and less embarrassing then I though it would after reading some of the other reviews. Just don't show up 15 minutes late wearing a t-shirt, jean skirt, and flip-flops. Someone actually did that at my interview.

Interview Questions

Mentor, OH

Interview Details – I applied on a Saturday, later at night, via an online job website that directed me to the Toys R Us website. The following evening, not even twenty four hours later, I got a call to come in the next day for a group interview.

Group interview: Arrived early, was sent to what I believe is the employee break room to wait for the HR person to come in. She introduced herself, told us a little bit about herself and what we would be doing for the interview process and gave us pamphlets on the various services of the company. We broke in to small groups, one group of two and a group of three, and proceeded to interview each other. After that was done, we then "sold" each other to the HR using the information we got during the activity. HR then went out and got items from the store that we got to play with for a bit before we then "sold" the items to either the store manager or HR or to sell it like we were in a commercial. The next activity was accepting the "Georffry award for whatever we felt we would get awarded for.

1:1 Interview: After the group portion we went to a different room for one on one interviews with the store manager and the HR. They asked about availability, what I thought my references would have to say about us. I was asked a few questions about any experience I had, signed a consent paper for a background. They said they'd call to let me know if they were going to do the background check so that I could be sure to get the uniform clothes for orientation.

Getting hired: The day after the interview I received the call. I was told that I was being offered a position as Sales Associate rather than Assembler which was one of the positions I also said I'd be willing to work. The HR informed me that they were going to do the background check and to get my clothes ready for the orientation, for which she will be calling me.

Interview Question – Reason for accepting the Geoffry award.   View Answer

Bike Assembler

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2009.

Interview Details – There was a group interview. We were given a chance to go out onto the sales floor, pick a toy, and come back into the group interview, where all applicants had to try to sell the HR supervisor the product they had selected. If they do well, they get the position.

Interview Question – What was your favorite toy as a child?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toys ''R'' Us

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toys ''R'' Us Bike Assembler interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Toys ''R'' Us employees and interview candidates.