Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Toys ''R'' Us
- Sales Associate (131)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (58)
- Cashier (57)
- Sales Team Member (55)
- Cashier/Sales Team Member (25)
- Team Member (23)
- Assistant Store Manager (15)
- Overnight Stock (15)
- Department Supervisor (14)
- Store Manager (13)
- Seasonal Sales Team Member (13)
- Associate (10)
- Senior Financial Analyst (9)
- Off Hours Stock Crew (8)
- Bike Assembler (7)
- Back of the House Team Member (7)
- Management Trainee (7)
- Assistant Manager (7)
- Sales Floor Team Member (6)
- Customer Service Associate (6)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Human Resources Assistant (5)
- Human Resources Department Supervisor (5)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (4)
- Stocker (4)
- Store Associate (4)
- Manager (4)
- Department Supervisor With Keys (4)
- Over Night Stock Seasonal (4)
- Back of House Specialist (3)
Business Analyst Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Wayne, NJ) in June 2013.
Typical Behavioral questions and looks to see how you would react to certain situations. The process is comprised of a group of interviews and looks to see what drives you to want to work for the company.
- If I were to ask your close friends or colleagues how would they describe you?? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us
Business Analyst InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Wayne, NJ) in January 2011.
Phone interviewed multiple times, and then went in and interviewed 1:1 with the department managers. After the interview was over, I sent them thank you letters and waited. After 2 weeks of waiting, I still did not hear back and wrote multiple emails. After the 3rd week, I received a phone call stating that they are still interviewing candidates. It's been 6 weeks now and I still have not heard back. Every time I call, I get a voice mail and even when you leave a voice mail, they will not get back to you.
- Each manager have a sheet of questions that they are required to ask. It's the same interview question but one of the manager have no clue what he was asking and just said that it's company policy to ask all the questions on the list. Answer Question
Business Analyst InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2009.
It was long and awful. This was the first time I was ever hiered for anything so it should be understandly annyoing but yeah I don't like applying for jobs.
- why are you qualified for this position 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
My mom told me how they treat their customers
Business Analyst InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in February 2012.
Applied on company website for an analyst position that was supposed to be available in the summer. Later, I went to headquarters and interviewed with 3 different managers who all seemed responsive and everyone seemed friendly as you would expect from a company like Toys. However after a very very long waiting process where HR insisted that they were very interested in my candidacy I had to reach out to them many times to get a straight answer. Don't let companies string you along--I learned this the hard way and definitely ask for a timeline for their decisions.
- Relate your experience to my job as a supply chain director. Answer Question
Business Analyst InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2011.
First had a phone interview with HR. Afterward I went in for a series of interviews with department managers and directors. Most questions were standard interview questions (key strengths/weaknesses, name a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it etc). Also got a lot of questions about background/experience. Overall, the people seemed very pleasant and it seems like it would be a nice place to work. Attire is business casual.
- Tell me about at a time in which you were instrumental in changing a process. Answer Question
Business Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2009.
Had a phone interview first with HR, then a series of 3 Skype interviews (I was not a local candidate) one right after the other. Pretty basic behavioral questions asking about my experience. It would have been nice if they had brought me out to the company since I had to accept the offer and move out to NJ having never been there, never seen the campus, and never met my boss in person. They didn't get back to me after the interview for almost 2 months, so I had just about written them off by the time they called me to make an offer.
- Tell me about a project you worked on that you were very proud of, and what you did to contribute to it. Answer Question
They offered very little relocation assistance for this job level, and actually rarely even consider non-local candidates for this level because of that, but I was able to negotiate a higher salary and a signing bonus, which helped make up for that a little bit.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review