Toys ''R'' Us

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was long and awful. This was the first time I was ever hiered for anything so it should be understandly annyoing but yeah I don't like applying for jobs.

Interview Question – why are you qualified for this position   View Answer

Reason for Declining – My mom told me how they treat their customers

Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interviewed multiple times, and then went in and interviewed 1:1 with the department managers. After the interview was over, I sent them thank you letters and waited. After 2 weeks of waiting, I still did not hear back and wrote multiple emails. After the 3rd week, I received a phone call stating that they are still interviewing candidates. It's been 6 weeks now and I still have not heard back. Every time I call, I get a voice mail and even when you leave a voice mail, they will not get back to you.

Interview Question – Each manager have a sheet of questions that they are required to ask. It's the same interview question but one of the manager have no clue what he was asking and just said that it's company policy to ask all the questions on the list.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on company website for an analyst position that was supposed to be available in the summer.

Later, I went to headquarters and interviewed with 3 different managers who all seemed responsive and everyone seemed friendly as you would expect from a company like Toys.

However after a very very long waiting process where HR insisted that they were very interested in my candidacy I had to reach out to them many times to get a straight answer.

Don't let companies string you along--I learned this the hard way and definitely ask for a timeline for their decisions.

Interview Question – Relate your experience to my job as a supply chain director.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2011.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview with HR. Afterward I went in for a series of interviews with department managers and directors. Most questions were standard interview questions (key strengths/weaknesses, name a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it etc). Also got a lot of questions about background/experience. Overall, the people seemed very pleasant and it seems like it would be a nice place to work. Attire is business casual.

Interview Question – Tell me about at a time in which you were instrumental in changing a process.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview first with HR, then a series of 3 Skype interviews (I was not a local candidate) one right after the other. Pretty basic behavioral questions asking about my experience. It would have been nice if they had brought me out to the company since I had to accept the offer and move out to NJ having never been there, never seen the campus, and never met my boss in person. They didn't get back to me after the interview for almost 2 months, so I had just about written them off by the time they called me to make an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a project you worked on that you were very proud of, and what you did to contribute to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered very little relocation assistance for this job level, and actually rarely even consider non-local candidates for this level because of that, but I was able to negotiate a higher salary and a signing bonus, which helped make up for that a little bit.

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!