Toys ''R'' Us Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Livingston, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview, made us interview each other and from there decided who got what job . Because of my bubbly personality and wit, the made me the navigatior/greeter. I had to know where everything was and what it did. Also be polite so customers.

Interview Questions

• What kind of person are you ? Have you ever done this before ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Quick interview got hired on the spot. HR was very energetic and also makes you feel welcome. Not so many questions (3-4). But very easy interview depending on if they really need or if seasonal hiring.

Interview Questions

• How did they treat you at your old job   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

It was a group interview, questions weren't really organized, they were just trying to see how you interacted with your peers. I was then interviewed individually, asked me how I dealt with rude or unruly customers, hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you've been placed in customer-wise?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks from start to finish. Started off with the application then I was called in for a face interview with the store manager. Took about a week to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a disrupt customer and how did you handle it and the final outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a set hourly rate.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

It was easy. They asked about former employment. They reiterated about background check.

Interview Questions

• There were none. No difficult questions, no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Iet was a group interview and they picked ppl to be in a group together and as a group you have to sell the item they give you

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that you couldn't tell by looking at you......didn't expect that question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Greenwood, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

I was called in for a group interview and we had to pick out a toy and pretend to sell the toy to the manager and then got into groups of two and interviewed each other and then went to do one on one interviews with the manager, there was only four people there and we all got hired and we are permanent people luckily and not just holiday workers!

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing we should know about you without going off of whats on your application?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Tukwila, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and they call you in, they do group interviews. We all introduced ourselves gave a bit of background info. The interviewers were really friendly. They didn't ask us to sell anything or play with toys, they asked basic questions like where do you want to be in five years, name a time when you worked in a hectic chaniging environment, give a time when you dealt with conflict. Even if you don't have any experience just be friendly, smile be polite and look interested. My interviewer was a laidback type person. After the interview they said they'd call us in a few hours with a decision and did a background check. The whole process took only a week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to think out of the box to fix a problem or come up with a solution to the problem.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Submitted a job application from Snagajob.com and received an email to interview the next week. Did not mention it was a group interview. Group interview was each person had to talk about themselves, then we were paired up and we had to tell the manager why she should hire the other person, had to sell a toy, and then a lego building exercise.

Interview Questions

• The selling a toy, make sure to sell a toy that you can sell other things with it and make sure to know the cost of the toy   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied. Revived a call and scheduled the interviews a week later. First conducted a group interview with about 8 other people. Was asked to stay after other applicants left and performed an interview with store manager. They gave me a start date a few days after that and all the paper work was done on the first day.

Interview Questions

• Go through the store, pick two items, and give a presentation on what the highlights and benefits are of buying that item.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N.a.