Toys ''R'' Us Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Walked in and applied in person. Fairly quick turn around. Received a phone call 3 days later for an in person interview. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Thousand Oaks, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The day of the interview I was offered the seasonal position. After I accepted I was told that the background check would be submitted immediately and all being well I would come in the next week for orientation. I went in and watched videos about company policy and was paid for the time. The manager and HR people were very personable and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. This seasonal position was set at $9.00 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatillo, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Hatillo, PR) in October 2011.

Interview

First it there was a group interview (7 people)We had to introduce ourselfs. then we had to do show our creativity and make something with legos. Then they had a table full of toys and merchendize from the store and we had to play the employer and the custumer role. Finally i had to wait for 45mins until the store manager interview one by one. Its a simple interview he asked me to tell him a lill bit abt me. Then he asked me why i wanted to work there. He explained to me that they had to to a background check that would probably take abt 14 days. He told me in advanced that he most likely would be calling me for the job. :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.... PR usually starts paying minimum in these type of jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Citrus Heights, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was called and asked if I would work weekends and be okay with minimum wage; I said yes so I was set up with a group interview. The group interview was strange... They had us go into the store and pick out our favorite toy and bring it back. Then we all took turns explaining why. Then we all had to say our favorite cartoon character and why. Then we partnered up and had to learn info about our partner then tell the person interviewing us why we should hire them. Then the management called us all into another room one by one. Pretty much everyone got the job. It was seasonal.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2009.

Interview

I completed a paper application and turned it in to the store manager. The store manager called me 2 days later and asked me to interview the next day. At the interview, he took 5 other job applicants and me into an adjacent room where the interview took place. He asked us all to pick a toy on the table and "sell" it to him. He gave us 5-10 minutes to come up with a sales pitch. He did not give us an order to go in; we just stepped up to the plate, so to speak. After we finished, he spoke to us individually while the other applicants waited in the far side of the room. I got hired on the spot and he said he was impressed that I could speak without twirling my hair with my fingers. I guess the high school applicants had a tendency to do this (?), but I was currently in college. His standards of hiring seemed pretty low. However, he offered me the job on the spot and I accepted. As soon as I was finished, I was allowed to leave so I didn't not hear how he evaluated the other people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was still in college and it was just for the Christmas season so I accepted the first offer.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in May 2009.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call to schedule an interview within a few days. The first interview was a group interview with me and three other people. We first sat around a table and answered some questions from the managers. Then we got to go out into the store, pick out a toy we thought described our personalities, and then sell it to the managers. It was fun and low-stress. Then we were given legos and told to create something with a partner while the manager watched. I think it was to see how we communicated with others. Then we were pulled into the office and interviewed one-on-one. After that original interview, I was called a couple days later to come in for a second interview. They asked me a few more questions about my availability, and offered me a job at the end of it!

Interview Questions

• If you could pick out one toy from the whole store to represent you as a person, what would it be and why? Then sell it to us.   Answer Question