Toys ''R'' Us Human Resources Assistant Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in March 2012.

First I briefly had a phone screen with the TRU recruiter. Then I met with various managers at the HQ. Everyone seemed very down to earth, even upper management. Persons working there seemed happy but when I went to their Distribution Center I can tell they might be over worked.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an experience where I had to deal with a difficult employee/co-worker and how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in September 2009.

After spending over 2 hours perfoming in a group interview, we were offered part-time, seasonal positions for $7.25 an hour.

Interview Questions

I didn't apply for a sales position and yet that's what I was brought in to interview for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in June 2007.

Group interview setting. Interview led by Store manager and Human Resources. Approximately 10 applicant applying for the position. Asked to go out into the store pick an item and sell it to the group. They are looking for some one who is comfortable interacting with customers. Also, asked to interview a partner from the group and explain why the store should hire this person. The store is looking for qualities that you find important. For example if you say you should hire this person because they really need a job since they got fired from their last job, the store may question your judgement.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your proudest moment   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you've dealt with a difficult customer?   View Answer
    Didn't need to was given my asking rate. Sales associates- you will probably not be able to negotiate unless you have good experience in a similiar retail store.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in September 2011.

They company came to my University and seemed interested in having me interview with them. The following week, I had the interview and was told that I should be expecting a call at the beginning of next week. The next week came and no phone call, I called and they said they couldn't find the individual who was supposed to call me back and the other person took off that day. I called again the following week, same thing happened. So I never got a call back, even after I gave them my name and number again. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an irate customer approached you?   Answer Question