Toys ''R'' Us

www.toysrusinc.com

Toys ''R'' Us Human Resources Department Supervisor Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Department Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – Three part interview process. the first interview was a phone interview, it took about 25 min. I was offered three management positions! Human Resources Department Supervisor appealed to me so I went for it. Next was a face to face interview with the store manager where he explained in detail the role of a Human Resources Department Supervisor and asked questions about my leadership skills, the next interview was with two key holding managers and a offer was made.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.
What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
Why do you want this job?
Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
What's your ideal company?
What attracted you to this company?
Why should we hire you?
What did you like least about your last job?
When were you most satisfied in your job?
What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
What were the responsibilities of your last position?
Why are you leaving your present job?
What do you know about this industry?
What do you know about our company?
Are you willing to relocate?
Do you have any questions for me?
  Answer Question

Human Resources Department Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – There's a group interview, then 1:1 with HR and Store Managers. Overall a fairly basic/easy interview. During the group interview they have you do activities with the other people there interviewing to see how you interact with others and to test your sales experience.

Interview Question – All questions are fairly standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Human Resources Department Supervisor

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in May 2011.

Interview Details – You are initially contacted by the Store Manager or ASM by phone and are asked very basic questions regarding the position (work weekends, hours you will work per week, drug test, work environment) If you sound like a halfway decent candidate, they will bring you in for the group interview.

The group interview consists of several icebreakers, team building activities, a mock selling activity, and a couple of speeches about company expectations. If you perform well at the group interview, you are invited to stay for a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager and one of his/her assistants.

The one on one interview consists of roughly 10 questions regarding business decisions, change management, and supervising others. If you are selected as the top candidate, you can then advance to the final level of interviewing with the Regional Human Resources Manager. He or she will have the final say so.

Interview Question – They made me sell my cell phone to them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate wage early on. If you are applying for a non-supervisory position, don't waste your time negotiating. They hire all basic team members in at the same rate of pay. VERY FIRM

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!