Toys ''R'' Us

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

I app;ied on line and was called 3 days later asked to come into a group interview 2 days later, group interview consist of introductions, then telling about your self and your fave childhood toy then going onto the salesfloor to pick out a toy that represents your adult life now bring it back to room and tell everyone why you are that toy or better yet why that toy represents you. then they had 1 on one interviews very short unless you asked alot of questions. The next stop in the process is to wait for back ground checks to come through.

Interview Questions
  • The ususal questions such as why should we hire you? whats a time you dealt with a difficult customer? how did you resolve it ? why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Human Resources Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Three part interview process. the first interview was a phone interview, it took about 25 min. I was offered three management positions! Human Resources Department Supervisor appealed to me so I went for it. Next was a face to face interview with the store manager where he explained in detail the role of a Human Resources Department Supervisor and asked questions about my leadership skills, the next interview was with two key holding managers and a offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      Why do you want this job?
      Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
      What's your ideal company?
      What attracted you to this company?
      Why should we hire you?
      What did you like least about your last job?
      When were you most satisfied in your job?
      What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
      What were the responsibilities of your last position?
      Why are you leaving your present job?
      What do you know about this industry?
      What do you know about our company?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Do you have any questions for me?

Answer Question

Human Resources Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in May 2012.

This is a three part interview.

The first is a general phone pre-screening from the Store Manager or HRDS. The questions are very general: "We work hard to play hard. Is this a type of company you would want to work for?" Pretty hokey takes five minutes.

The second is a selling interaction that was conducted by the Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager. This will go one of two ways. They will ask you to go to the floor, pick and object and sell it to them. Otherwise, they will have a table of merchandise and have you role play with the assistant manager. The second part to the second half has to do with teamwork and selling. You will be given a bag of blocks or legos and given 10 minutes to build and sell something with the person that you are interviewing against.

The third part was an interview with the Store Manager. The other person you are interviewing against is invited to walk the salesfloor to observe day to day operations. The questions are very situationally based around basic working in retail behaviors; How do you communicate? Do you like working in a team? Tell me about a time you solved a problem.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember, but it was very centric around selling merchandise. I figure if I can recruit and sell a corporation I can BS and sell a swaddle.   View Answer
    I asked what they payscale was like for this store and district. They said 8-12 dollars. I told them I wanted 12 so they brought in the regional HR Manager to conduct an informal follow up interview. He made fun of my shoes and made me the offer.

Human Resources Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

There's a group interview, then 1:1 with HR and Store Managers. Overall a fairly basic/easy interview. During the group interview they have you do activities with the other people there interviewing to see how you interact with others and to test your sales experience.

No negotiation

Human Resources Department Supervisor Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in May 2011.

You are initially contacted by the Store Manager or ASM by phone and are asked very basic questions regarding the position (work weekends, hours you will work per week, drug test, work environment) If you sound like a halfway decent candidate, they will bring you in for the group interview.

The group interview consists of several icebreakers, team building activities, a mock selling activity, and a couple of speeches about company expectations. If you perform well at the group interview, you are invited to stay for a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager and one of his/her assistants.

The one on one interview consists of roughly 10 questions regarding business decisions, change management, and supervising others. If you are selected as the top candidate, you can then advance to the final level of interviewing with the Regional Human Resources Manager. He or she will have the final say so.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate wage early on. If you are applying for a non-supervisory position, don't waste your time negotiating. They hire all basic team members in at the same rate of pay. VERY FIRM