Toys ''R'' Us Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.2

Interview

One on one on campus which was with the regular interview questions. Second interview was at their facilities. There I interviewed with 4 members. Was nerve wrecking so I blanked out when answering some of the questions. Was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Group interview asked a few questions then did separate interviews and ask 2 questions. Had fun during the group interview. We had played some games and was asked about toys that are coming out soon

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (New York, NY).

Interview

The group interview was about 7 or 8 people sitting around a table and we started off with a simple ice breaker. We had to use Legos to build a product and come up with a name, price, slogan, jingle, and some other basic stuff. You need to be outgoing and a team player. I had lots of fun with it and made many friends that day. No pressure but make sure you practice your sales skills. Those are key for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What doyou do when you are unfamiliar with something on the computer? What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Sit in a room with a group where you are told to build something out of Lego's then you have to sell it to everyone. Then you are split into groups and given a product and told to make a commercial for it. Then you are called one by one to speak with HR who just asks lightly about your background & availability.. nothing like 'tell me a time when you had a difficult customer..' (Hated those) & then you have a short interview with one of the managers. Pretty simple and you usually hear back from them in a week.

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

Interview they had us build something with legos then try to sell it to the store manager. It was a fun event but unfortunately they fired that store manager because a manager reported him for a personal reason and wanted him gone.

Interview Questions

• What would your design do?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Newark, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a phone screening. The talent acquisition person was very nice and friendly.

I was asked to say something about myself as well as to why I am planning on leaving my current position and what interest me about the job posting.

I was also asked about my salary requirements and since we were not close to what I was looking for decided not to proceed further.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Lafayette, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview. There were 21 of us interviewing for 1 position. The interview was conducted by the Store manager, Asst store manager, & Manager. The whole was pretty long because it was such a large group. It lasted 3 hrs. We were asked to make a name tent. Tell about ourselves. Describe guest services. We were then pair off in groups of 2. Explain why your partner should be hired. Then we picked one of our favorite childhood toys. Explained why? The store manager talked about salary, the position, and told about the store.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in June 2015.

Interview

I drove to the store location and went in 15 minutes prior (scheduled for 2pm) only to be informed the location had changed and that I wouldn't make it in time, but could reschedule. I was then handed a paper that indicated someone tried to call my phone 2 days prior but I couldn't be reached because I didn't have a established voicemail--which is a complete lie because a manager left a message on my phone 4 days prior. Strike 1. While still in the parking lot, I attempted to call and reschedule the appointment 6 times without an answer. Strike 2. As I left, another manager called and asked if I could drive to another location for an interview within the next 15 to 20 minutes and I say 'ok'. After bypassing accidents and traffic, I arrived and had to wait for 5 minutes for my id to be verified. I walked in to the space and there were approx. 30 people in the room and 2 employees leading ice breakers (3 more people that had also been given the run around joined the group as well). Apparently the group was mixed with people that were supposed to be having group interviews at the store (me) and a huge chunk of people that filled out applications at a job fair. After intros and an icebreaker, we were split into full-time/part-time and again by desired job. There were probably 6 people in my group. Then there were probably 25 people left and we were to have a quick individual interview with 1 person! Strike 3--this is when I should have walked out. Although the interview is supposed to be a quick 3 questions, its obvious that people are going to give thorough, detailed answers. So I waited and waited and waited for what felt like eternity. There were 2 people that had to leave due to other obligations and couldn't stay for hours on end for a 3 question interview. I was interviewed at 6pm and there were 3 or 4 people after me. Strike 4 and I still haven't walked out. I believe I was one of only people I saw with a resume. My interview was simple and I was thorough yet brief, straight to the point yet sincere--but I am a bit biased. The interview itself was simple but the process reeked of a lack of basic courtesy, respect, competence, and professionalism within management and spoiled any idea of me wanting to work there or even visit the store as a customer. In the end, there were people with way more experience than me so I ultimately didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is something you'd like to work on (i.e. a set goal)?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

I found a listing on Craigslist for seasonal hiring. So i applied online. They called me back in like a week or two. Asked a few questions on the phone and then scheduled an interview. It was a group interview so it was about ten of us altogether. The hr introduced herself and the assistant store manager did the same. They wanted us to do a interactive/selling activity. So we got split into groups and made things with Legos that we then had to sell and advertise to them. Afterwards, they had us go and select items from the sales floor that we would sale next. Except when we came back, they had us switch items and then sell or new item. Lastly, we had the one on one traditional interviews with the assistant store manager.

Off Hours Stock Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Greenville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call that the interview would be scheduled on such a such a date. Went into the store and asked employee where to go for the interview. Was directed to the employee break room where there was a group of 7 or 8 of us. We proceeded to each introduce ourselves, say who we are, what we do, why we applied, our work history, favorite cartoon, and favorite toy. Then we did an activity where we each went out to pick a toy to present and talk about to the group to try to sell them on. After this, we were called out each one by one to be talked to about the job and whether we were hired or not. Unfortunately they were not hiring for just summer positions so I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, why you applied, favorite toy, favorite cartoon.   1 Answer