Toys ''R'' Us

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

He hiring process was very simple and a bit juvenile. It was a group interview with four people, me being one of the four. First they asked us to introduce ourselves and then split into teams and build a lego toy r us building, I assume this part was more an ice breaker. After that they randomly gave us toy, 5 selling points such as discounts etc. and if they need batteries and the age recommended. Just remember to include these things in your sale pitch and you will ace it, a well dressed cool fellow got turned down because he tried small talking and making jokes during his pitch rather than just stick to the things they wanted to see.

I was called 10mins after my interview was over saying I got the job.

Things to keep in mind:
    Toy r us is very VERY disorganized, they don't post shifts online, so you have to call in each day and ask if its in, furthermore you can be scheduled to work the same day the schedule came out meaning you may have to rush to work hearing your shift starts in an hour on the phone.

Everyone on the team is very relax and friendly, but the store is so horribly runned, expect blame to be passed on you as everyone who behaved nice before will throw anyone they have to under the bus when the corporate bosses are in town.

Expect to be thrown out into the world, as little to no training is given, and what is given is quite poor added to even ore confusion, but selling towns aren't hard so you will figure things out easily.

*****This job is great for quite easy money, horrible and should be avoided if your looking to find something you could settle down. I only took the job to make quick money for a computer upgrade.

No negotiation, $7.93 p/hr

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview was interesting, they want you to build something out of Legos and pretend you're selling it to them, then they want you to go to the sales floor and pick any toy and pretend you're selling that to them, they just ask you features about the toy, then they take you to the back room and ask a few simple questions.. That's about it.

Interview Questions
    • They ask, what would I do if there is a spill on the floor and a customer need help at the check out line   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I went in to pick up an application and they were having open interviews. I went in and the only question they asked me was when I was available. They then told me I was hired and to go apply online and they would get back to me. However, they have not called me back and it has been 3 weeks.

Back of House Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Easy interview for part time position around the Christmas season. Had a quick tour of the store to learn where and what there was for products. A few days later I was in for orientation and training.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I applied for the job online and about 4 days later I got a call for a group interview. The group was huge. There was about 15 of us. The manager and assistan manager both interviewed us. The manager was the observer and the assistant was the one talking to us.

The first thing they made us do, after everyone arrived, was to find a toy from the store. When everyone came back all of us took turns selling it to the assisstand manager. She was really niced and helped us through it. When you are selling a toy, you need to bring up the specs and how it will benefit the child. To stand out more, know what their buyer protection program is, their rewards card, and their credit card. Also always suggest to the customer to buy the toys r us brand batteries.

The second part of the interview was one-to-one with the managers. When I went in they just asked my availability and told me that if my background check came through they would call back with a formal proposal.

I got a call back three days later and they hired me.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. All they asked us to do was sell something. So practice your selling skills.   Answer Question
    No negotiation and wage was set at $7.75/hour

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I applied online and got a call about a week later to go in for an interview for the part-time seasonal position. I was pretty excited considering it was my first job. I went in for a group interview with 9 other people. We had to choose a cartoon character that represented us best and then choose a toy in the store pass it to the person next to us and try to sell it to the managers. Then we waited around for our individual interviews which was really quick. They pretty much only asked when we were available to work. Then they said they would call if we got the job and then they would send in our background check and that would take about a week to go through.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations.. Starting part-time $8.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

After filling out application online, a few weeks later i received a call for an interview. Once i arrived i found out it would be a group interview. It turned out to be a interactive activity where we had to put together blocks and make a Christmas image. FYI this was during the holiday season so it was a seasonal offer. Once finished with the activity, we did a sales advertisement. The hiring manager loved us all so much all 4 of us were hired.

Off Hours Stock Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview is a group interview. The store manager comes in and tells you about store policies and what you would be doing if you got hired. You play a game with building blocks to learn to work together as a team. The manager then gives a tour of the store and tells you to pick out one toy to sell to them in a 30 second commercial. After the commercials everyone has a one on one interview. You really have to have a fun and bubbly personality. The whole interview took about 2 hours.

No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2014.

Group interview, we had to describe a product amongst ourselves with the pretense of trying to sell the product to a customer. Everyone will get the chance and interviewer will make you look a little closer if you were not that detailed

Interview Questions
    • this group interview is not that helpful, persons are being compared to each other on spot. personal questions are a little bit intimidating. Such as words to describe self and other lives experiences. please bear in mind you don't know the participants. It's an awkward position ..very!   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2014.

I applied online. Two weeks later got a call for an interview for the following week. Went to the interview waited for a while for the interviewer and for another person who was coming for an interview and never showed up. I was out in five minutes with a job offer.

Got offered another job