Toys ''R'' Us Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.3

Overnight Stock Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview took place at 12:30. There were about 7 to 8 people there. First thing we did was build Legos together. Then we introduced ourselves to the group. Then we had to pick a toy out of the cart and sell it to the managers present. Afterwords we had a one-on-one interview with the managers, it really wasn't anything formal, they just told us about the job and they well call you regardless if you get the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Both introducing yourself and selling a toy as well as working together to build Legos is kind of the questions   View Answer
    There was none, I get paid $8.25 an hour sometimes $10 if I'm working overnight.

Seasonal Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I had 2 interviews with them one in 2012 and one today in 2014 both were group interviews we introduced our selves, did a activity where we interviewed each other then another activity where we had to sale a toy to the group. In 2012 they told me they would like to hire me if my background check and everything came back good and about 2 days later they was calling me in for orientation. Today was different they told me to keep checking in with the manager I feel like I'm not going to get hired again

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

First we wrote our names on a sticker and then we had to introduce ourselves to a partner. Afterwards we built stuff with Lego blocks and had to sell it. Then we each had individual products to sell to the interviewers. Overall a fun time and makes you forget it was an interview. We had one-on-ones afterwards to go over availability and a few questions about experience. Really fun and would love to have all interviews like this in the future!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

Applied for position on Monday. They called about an hour later but it went to voicemail because my phone had to charge. Called them back the next day and they told me to go to an group interview. Went to group interview. There were at least 9-10 people(including me of course). All I know is that we did some kind of talent thing, did a sales pitch for a toy. Then, a few got called for an interview. Unfortunately, me and 4 other people didn't make it to the second round. Said that they may call back next month, but I doubt it.

Off Hours Stock Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

The process was pretty quick, I had my interview today (friday). I got my first call about a week ago to set up an interview. They was eager to interview me because my past experience at The Home Depot, Michaels Arts & Crafts, and RGIS.. When I got there, I went to the Guest Service Desk, like directed. And the Team Member directed me to the training room. I waited about 30 mins before my interview even begin.. Before I got there, I thought it was going to be a GROUP interview like the lady that called me said, it was. But it wasn't. I got interviewed by a supervisor because the hiring manager wasn't in.

The interview was cool, laid back, and not so uptight and demanding like I thought it was. Be down to earth, and smile! The Man that interviewed me asked a few simple questions.. like what would your past employers say about you? and tell me about yourself? and pretty much explained what's expected of me.

I answered all the questions, and asked him a couple of my own and the interview was over. it was about 20 mins. He seemed to be fond of me.. I knew i got the job!

On my way home, I gotten a call back from another associate, whom informed me that they want to further the application process and will be running a background check on me. which will take a couple days.. and when the results come in, they will call and set up orientation.

So I'm just waiting till Monday :) and see when they will schedule it.. hope all goes well.
    PS: i just wish pay was higher , its only $8.15 (minimum wage) :(

and Good Luck, if you are preparing for a interview with Toys R Us..

Be confident, smile, and willing to learn and work hard!!!

Seasonal Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

So I applied online on Wednesday and got a phone call 3 hours later. Thought I was in pretty good shape considering how fast it was. He said there was a group interview on Monday and I told him I could be there.

I get to the interview after hours of practicing and everyone met at the front until the guy came out and took us to the break room. We took a name tag and wrote our name and our favorite cartoon character. I drew spongebob. Then we had to describe our character and have the group members guess who they were. A lot of people had spongebob others had hello kitty and one had a ninja.

I was part of a group of 9 people. He then asked us to go out to the store and bring back a toy of our choice I brought Olaf the snowman. Then we had to pass that product to the person to the right of us and go around and sell that product to the person who gave it to us. I did this perfectly well. I even was asked to give my own sales pitch on the Olaf snowman because I was so excited about it. Then we went and put those products back where we found them and came back to a table full of Legos and blocks. We had to build a toy, name it, give it an age group, and other demographics. And had to sell it to them. It wasn't very hard at all. Then he calls up 6 out of the 9 people and hires everyone on the spot. I was part of the 3 that were asked to stay. He took us in for a 1-1 interview and this is where it got bad. They asked me difficult questions considering I've never had a job or exported r before. And the last who was in there was pregnant and kept correcting everything I was saying. I'm pretty sure I failed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

I applied online for the seasonal sales associate. Then about a week later I received a phone call from HR setting up a group interview two days from when she called. I already had some experience with group interviews so I wasn't as nervous. The day of the interview I got there about 15 minutes early. I was taken to the employee break room and waited to be interviewed. There was a total of 4 people in the group interview including myself. As the interview started the interviewer told us her name job title and he favorite character as she was growing up. Right off the back she was very friendly made everyone very comfortable. Then we went around the room and everyone shared a little about there self and what there favorite character was growing up. After that there was random toys sitting against a wall she had us pick one and told the group to explain what we picked who it's for and what it does. Then after that was over she brought out two containers filled with building blocks she had us as a group build a toy that we would use to sell in the store what age range it would be for how much it would costs and a name for it. Shortly after one person out of the group had to explain it to her. After that was done she asked us why we wanted to work at toys r us and we answered one by one. Then she asked if anyone had any questions. Then the interview was over. Is only about 45mins long. About an hour n a half later I got a call for a second interview which is tomorrow with the assistant manager.

Human Resources Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

I app;ied on line and was called 3 days later asked to come into a group interview 2 days later, group interview consist of introductions, then telling about your self and your fave childhood toy then going onto the salesfloor to pick out a toy that represents your adult life now bring it back to room and tell everyone why you are that toy or better yet why that toy represents you. then they had 1 on one interviews very short unless you asked alot of questions. The next stop in the process is to wait for back ground checks to come through.

Interview Questions
    • The ususal questions such as why should we hire you? whats a time you dealt with a difficult customer? how did you resolve it ? why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

It was a group interview. We all had to tell about ourselves, our favorite toy and hobby. After that they paired us and we had to sell a toy to each other. When we finished they took us on 1-1 interview with the store manager, assistant manager and HR Person for a more in depth questions and to explain the hours and availability needed. The whole interview took 2 hours i felt i was in an orientation lol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

I applied as an assembler September 29th, 2014. October 6th I got a phone call asking if I wanted to come in for a group interview. I had no idea what a group interview was because I don't have any previous work experience, so I decided to look up interviews on here to learn about it. Today, October 10th I went in for this group interview from 2-4. I showed up early to look around the store. And when it was time for the interview only 3/6 showed up including me. Both were male in their thirties and I'm 18 and female, I kind of felt like I was maybe in the wrong place just because of the people I was with. But they took us to the break room and decided to just tell us about the job and do one on one interviews instead of what they usually do since there was only 3 of us. The questions weren't really unexpected and the staff was really welcoming and friendly. They're doing a background check so I will hear from them soon on whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to apply at toys r us?   View Answer