Toys ''R'' Us Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.2

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Applied on company website and received a phone call a few days later from HR where I was asked a few simple questions (mostly about my experience and availability). Went to the local store where I would be working a few days later to meet with the store manager and answer a few basic questions. Then I put a bicycle together for him and he said OK and sent me to HR to fill out paperwork. I was offered a job that day and given a date to start my one day of orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was mostly a group interview. First off, we took turns saying what our name was and what our favorite toy was. Secondly, we went into the store and picked out a toy. When we came back to the interviewing room, we took a minute or two to get a feel for the toy and when that minute is up, we pretend we are selling that time to a "customer" (the other candidates hopefully for the job). After that, we go put the toy back and come back to the interview room. Thirdly, we get slit into teams and are expected to built something with these "Lego-like" toys and after 5 minutes or so, just say what we built and talk about it. After that, we put the "Lego-like" toys away in its box Lastly, the one-on-one interview. We are sent outside to wait and they say they will call us one-by-one into the room. After like 3-4 people, I guess they stopped doing that and just let peope go in one by one in whatever order. If you wanted to go next, you did. They just asked you "why should we hire you ". And then just follow up questions like your schedule (if you're in school or not)/background check/willing to work weekends/things like that

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

A group interview and the ones getting the job know that day. Dress formally and the whole purpose of the interview is to see if you are a good associate and have some sort of interest in toys.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Modesto, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview and we introduced ourselves and were assigned to get into groups and sell items. So we made up pitches and skits. we also had to make make up our own commercials and talk about what we would do in certain situations. Each person after that got called in for a individual interview and got let known if they were chosen or not after the interview.

Interview Questions

• why i wanted to work there.   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Gave a rosy picture about work life balance and when started the job quickly did a complete 180. I was lied to about multiple things like schedule and hours per day. No training program for new managers what so ever. Learn as you go.

Interview Questions

• When are you available....always hiring people do not stay   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Walked in and applied in person. Fairly quick turn around. Received a phone call 3 days later for an in person interview. Was offered the job on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

There was an online application, followed by an in person interview. I applied during the holiday season, which I feel helped me get the job a lot. The in-person interview was mostly concerned with my availability and reliability. There were no scenario questions or anything like that. Overall it's easy to get this job as long as you appear friendly and attentive.

6 Month Co Op Position Interview

Interview

One on one on campus which was with the regular interview questions. Second interview was at their facilities. There I interviewed with 4 members. Was nerve wrecking so I blanked out when answering some of the questions. Was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Group interview asked a few questions then did separate interviews and ask 2 questions. Had fun during the group interview. We had played some games and was asked about toys that are coming out soon

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Sit in a room with a group where you are told to build something out of Lego's then you have to sell it to everyone. Then you are split into groups and given a product and told to make a commercial for it. Then you are called one by one to speak with HR who just asks lightly about your background & availability.. nothing like 'tell me a time when you had a difficult customer..' (Hated those) & then you have a short interview with one of the managers. Pretty simple and you usually hear back from them in a week.