Toys ''R'' Us

432 candidate interviews

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with representatives of the company at a career fair. They were very pleasant and seemed to enjoy working for the company. Got a phone call to meet for an interview about a week later

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – Iet was a group interview and they picked ppl to be in a group together and as a group you have to sell the item they give you

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that you couldn't tell by looking at you......didn't expect that question   Answer Question

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details – I was trying to apply for a job with them. I called multiple times because they said I could get an interview. However, they never really got back to me. This would have just been a summer position after college. So overall, just make sure to be proactive.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Interview

Cashier/Sales

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details – I applied online then received a mini phone interview a few days later, after going through that they decided to call me in for a group interview. It was pretty basic, most of the group was around my age but there were a few older people as well. We had to hunt the store for a toy to present in front of everyone and sell, we were given a piece of paper and pen to kind of plan out our sales pitch and do it. After everyone went, we had to go and return our toys, but when we came back the interviewer was setting out more toys for us, so we had to sell toys again but not ones we picked. Same process. After that they pulled us in for one on one interviews. Very straight forward questions.

Interview Question – What was a past experience when working with a difficult customer and how was the outcome?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details – Interview had a very positive feel--it was a group interview, but team-oriented and light, not competitive at all.

Interview Question – One activity was to create an acceptance speech for the "Best Toy Award."   Answer Question

Associate Design Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application that included my designed resumé. I was contacted and asked to send my portfolio. I sent my portfolio as a multi-page PDF which include a variety of design projects I have done over my 25+ years of work in this field.

Late on a Friday afternoon, via email, I was told that the next phase would be a design test (really, are we in school here?). I was to download a file containing images, fonts, copy, and some guidelines. I was told to design a catalog cover and send it back on Monday.

I might have proceeded with the "test" if it was to check my technical skills, but they said upfront that it was not going to be judged on that, simply on my design "fit". Well, that is what my extensive portfolio is for. I was also very taken aback that they expected me to drop any weekend plans to do their assignment on such short notice. Even a freelance account would give more courtesy.

After I looked over the material, I decided that the process had gone too far towards "work for free" for my liking and I withdrew my application.

Interview Question – Never made it to an interview stage.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details – first 5 of us was waiting then the hr manager called us in. It was some toys on the table and she gave us partners to try to sell the product she gave us. then we went into the store and got our own product to sell. then we had to get information about your partner then try to pitch them to her.

Interview Question – give them a word that describes you from the first letter of your first name   Answer Question

Janesville, WI

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details – It was a group interview with 3 other candidates in front of a panel of 4 store managers. They sat us down and had us build a castle out of legos to see how well you can work in teams. Then they asked the typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in one year?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details – I left before the interview. The people waiting for an interview with me were missing teeth, didn't know how to dress for an interview, etc. The person conducting the interviews looked and spoke SO unprofessionally.

Interview Question – Unexpected view of the God-awful nastiness where they had us wait to be interviewed!!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Read any of the above statements.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details – hiring process is group interviews. love the process

Interview Question – only talked about experience and behavioral questions. conflict management   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toys ''R'' Us

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toys ''R'' Us interview questions and advice. All 432 interview reviews posted anonymously by Toys ''R'' Us employees and interview candidates.