Toys ''R'' Us Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.2

Seasonal Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Silverdale, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 10 other people. Before the interview started we were asked to find one toy in the store that we would be trying to "sell" to a customer at some point during the interview. It was very fun and laid-back, and the owner of the store and the HR Rep introduced themselves to us in such a manner. We started with ice breakers, introducing ourselves, stating our favorite movies, why we want to work at the store etc. I think we even played a game at one point but I can't exactly remember the details. Last part of the group interview involved each person pretending they were trying to sell a customer the product they picked out, and you can literately make up any scenario in this role-play so it doesn't matter what toy you picked just how you are going to sell it. Once that was over the interviewers asked half of the group to leave (I assume they didn't pass the interview), while the rest of us stayed while we were called one by one and given a offer.

Off Hours Stock Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Bronx, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

you apply online and they'll call you if they want you to come in, it takes a while. some stores ask that you wear store colors to the interview for some reason but it's no big deal. you wait either at guest services or in the break room until they call you. they ask typical interview questions, you fill out availability papers, thank them and go on your way. they'll call or email you an offer if you make it.

Interview Questions

• what is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Group interview! Asked 2 questions and had to sell a product. It was a very easy interview. just relax and come looking professional! You will indeed get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself using the letter of your first name.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be yourself when going to the interview.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Joliet, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied several months before for the position but the interview process was pretty fast. First there was a brief phone screen and then I was asked to come in and meet with talent acquisition. After that I received a call a day later asking me to come in a meet with the director. From there I just had to wait for a decision which I was told would be by the next business day.

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Rockaway, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

The manager had a group interview process then later took us individually into a separate room to ask typical interview questions and our availability. For the group interview we were asked to design with Lego's a new product and deliver a pitch about the product. It was casual dress for the interview and focused on a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an aggravated customer who insists on you putting through a coupon that has expired?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Sacramento, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Started out with a group of interview applicants, then each of us had our own part in a fairly short interview with each applicant. There were more than 20 of us, but I was interviewing for a seasonal position at the time. The plus side was that they planned on taking more than just 1 of us.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability and when are you able to start work if offered a position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, job starts at minimum wage for Associates.

Coordinator Executive Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Wayne, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Very informal interview by the Social Media manager. She asked the usual interview questions tell me a little about yourself, what are your greatest strengths and weaknesses. She wanted to know about where I worked before. She told me about the job position and asked if it was something I could do or would be interested in. She told me about what the position would entail and whether it was something that interested me.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths, weaknesses. Tell me about yourself. What are the five attributes that describe you best. Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Gave a rosy picture about work life balance and when started the job quickly did a complete 180. I was lied to about multiple things like schedule and hours per day. No training program for new managers what so ever. Learn as you go.

Interview Questions

• When are you available....always hiring people do not stay   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Walked in and applied in person. Fairly quick turn around. Received a phone call 3 days later for an in person interview. Was offered the job on the spot.

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Wayne, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

group interview then 2 one on ones. wasnt too large of a group but you went around and did ice breakers then you go into another room to interview one on one with the interviewer. if you pass that you receive a call to do another interview with another manager