Toys ''R'' Us Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colma, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Colma, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Group interview with roughly 6 people. Went in a circle asking your standard questions to everyone. Very diverse group of individuals. Myself and two others were hired from my group. And the group prior had no hires. After the group interview you have an individual interview and then they call you back with an offer or decline.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this pacifier to me and you'd never seen the product before?   Answer Question

Interview

One on one on campus which was with the regular interview questions. Second interview was at their facilities. There I interviewed with 4 members. Was nerve wrecking so I blanked out when answering some of the questions. Was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in June 2015.

Interview

I drove to the store location and went in 15 minutes prior (scheduled for 2pm) only to be informed the location had changed and that I wouldn't make it in time, but could reschedule. I was then handed a paper that indicated someone tried to call my phone 2 days prior but I couldn't be reached because I didn't have a established voicemail--which is a complete lie because a manager left a message on my phone 4 days prior. Strike 1. While still in the parking lot, I attempted to call and reschedule the appointment 6 times without an answer. Strike 2. As I left, another manager called and asked if I could drive to another location for an interview within the next 15 to 20 minutes and I say 'ok'. After bypassing accidents and traffic, I arrived and had to wait for 5 minutes for my id to be verified. I walked in to the space and there were approx. 30 people in the room and 2 employees leading ice breakers (3 more people that had also been given the run around joined the group as well). Apparently the group was mixed with people that were supposed to be having group interviews at the store (me) and a huge chunk of people that filled out applications at a job fair. After intros and an icebreaker, we were split into full-time/part-time and again by desired job. There were probably 6 people in my group. Then there were probably 25 people left and we were to have a quick individual interview with 1 person! Strike 3--this is when I should have walked out. Although the interview is supposed to be a quick 3 questions, its obvious that people are going to give thorough, detailed answers. So I waited and waited and waited for what felt like eternity. There were 2 people that had to leave due to other obligations and couldn't stay for hours on end for a 3 question interview. I was interviewed at 6pm and there were 3 or 4 people after me. Strike 4 and I still haven't walked out. I believe I was one of only people I saw with a resume. My interview was simple and I was thorough yet brief, straight to the point yet sincere--but I am a bit biased. The interview itself was simple but the process reeked of a lack of basic courtesy, respect, competence, and professionalism within management and spoiled any idea of me wanting to work there or even visit the store as a customer. In the end, there were people with way more experience than me so I ultimately didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is something you'd like to work on (i.e. a set goal)?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Preston (Australia)).

Interview

The larger activities were run by a recruitment firm. They put you in small groups and asked you solve a problem, obviously to check your teamwork ability. Then they split off into 1-on-1 interviews with store managers where they asked more personal questions and tested how strong you were at building rapport, etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Lafayette, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview. There were 21 of us interviewing for 1 position. The interview was conducted by the Store manager, Asst store manager, & Manager. The whole was pretty long because it was such a large group. It lasted 3 hrs. We were asked to make a name tent. Tell about ourselves. Describe guest services. We were then pair off in groups of 2. Explain why your partner should be hired. Then we picked one of our favorite childhood toys. Explained why? The store manager talked about salary, the position, and told about the store.

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (King of Prussia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was great. I had a really nice man who was later my manager. I was interviewed with one other person who happened to be in my school and grade. Somehow he got hired, too, although he was a total ditz.

The interview was fairly short, maybe 20 minutes. I waited a long time to start the interview, though, because the manager wrote down the wrong start time. It was very laid-back, and I'm a pretty charming person so I'm great at interviews and easily got the job. The manager told us he was supposed to give us a second interview but was just going to offer us jobs. I started about a week later.

The only thing not very expedited about the process was that when they called to schedule an interview, I didn't even remember applying. I had applied at the very beginning of the summer trying to get a summer job, and they called me at the very end of August. I started the week of school.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember exactly what they asked me. I remember discussing my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Newark, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a phone screening. The talent acquisition person was very nice and friendly.

I was asked to say something about myself as well as to why I am planning on leaving my current position and what interest me about the job posting.

I was also asked about my salary requirements and since we were not close to what I was looking for decided not to proceed further.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Group interview asked a few questions then did separate interviews and ask 2 questions. Had fun during the group interview. We had played some games and was asked about toys that are coming out soon

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Sit in a room with a group where you are told to build something out of Lego's then you have to sell it to everyone. Then you are split into groups and given a product and told to make a commercial for it. Then you are called one by one to speak with HR who just asks lightly about your background & availability.. nothing like 'tell me a time when you had a difficult customer..' (Hated those) & then you have a short interview with one of the managers. Pretty simple and you usually hear back from them in a week.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (New York, NY).

Interview

The group interview was about 7 or 8 people sitting around a table and we started off with a simple ice breaker. We had to use Legos to build a product and come up with a name, price, slogan, jingle, and some other basic stuff. You need to be outgoing and a team player. I had lots of fun with it and made many friends that day. No pressure but make sure you practice your sales skills. Those are key for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What doyou do when you are unfamiliar with something on the computer? What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question