Toys ''R'' Us Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Lafayette, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview. There were 21 of us interviewing for 1 position. The interview was conducted by the Store manager, Asst store manager, & Manager. The whole was pretty long because it was such a large group. It lasted 3 hrs. We were asked to make a name tent. Tell about ourselves. Describe guest services. We were then pair off in groups of 2. Explain why your partner should be hired. Then we picked one of our favorite childhood toys. Explained why? The store manager talked about salary, the position, and told about the store.

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

I found a listing on Craigslist for seasonal hiring. So i applied online. They called me back in like a week or two. Asked a few questions on the phone and then scheduled an interview. It was a group interview so it was about ten of us altogether. The hr introduced herself and the assistant store manager did the same. They wanted us to do a interactive/selling activity. So we got split into groups and made things with Legos that we then had to sell and advertise to them. Afterwards, they had us go and select items from the sales floor that we would sale next. Except when we came back, they had us switch items and then sell or new item. Lastly, we had the one on one traditional interviews with the assistant store manager.

Off Hours Stock Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Greenville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call that the interview would be scheduled on such a such a date. Went into the store and asked employee where to go for the interview. Was directed to the employee break room where there was a group of 7 or 8 of us. We proceeded to each introduce ourselves, say who we are, what we do, why we applied, our work history, favorite cartoon, and favorite toy. Then we did an activity where we each went out to pick a toy to present and talk about to the group to try to sell them on. After this, we were called out each one by one to be talked to about the job and whether we were hired or not. Unfortunately they were not hiring for just summer positions so I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, why you applied, favorite toy, favorite cartoon.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

First, you apply online and then they call you. Next, they schedule a day for you to meet one on one with the manager. If you get the job, then you come in for training for about 4 hours. Very easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable for anyone. They start you off at an hourly rate

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Van Nuys, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview. We were asked to interact with other candidates to demonstrate selling skills. As a group we were asked to talk about ourselves--our background and experience , if any. Then we each had an individual interview.

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Pasadena, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview and my group was very small it was me and two others. We were asked to come up with an adjective by using the first letter in our name as a ice breaker game and after that we made a name tag for ourselves. We were asked to build a unique toy out of Legos and blocks and we presented it and after that it was one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

I was quite surprised with how easy and laid back the hiring process was. I had applied for the job online, got a call back a few days later to go in for an interview. The interview was short, only 15 minutes or so and I got offered the job that day

Interview Questions

• They pretty much just asked about past work experience   Answer Question

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Culver City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called first by the HR Manager for the location, and she said that I was to come in the very next day for a group interview. There were three other candidates with me, and we all went around the table telling everyone our name, and favorite toy growing up. We were then asked to go out into the store, pick any toy, and we took turns selling the toy to the managers. (The best prep for this is to either have a toy already in mind before-hand, or when you get the toy start reading the box right away.) They ask you various questions about the toy, what the age group is, does it contain choking hazards, and ho many batteries (if any) does it take. Then we were told to wait outside to be brought in one by one. Two girls went in first for about 10 minutes, then were dismissed, then me and the other girl were brought in for an offer. The hired us both.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Two managers asking questions. They took turns asking behavioral questions and basically wanted to get to know you as a person. They were incredibly friendly during the interview process and never really gave a hard time. They were more interested in knowing you as a person and see how you handled the interview in the first place.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Get a phone interview from a analytic manager. Go through the resume and then ask some technical questions. We also talked a little bit about the company and why you want to work here. The technical questions including the data cleaning process, the evaluation of predictive model, R-Square, the biggest challenge of big data etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself an ad-hoc person or a more systematic kind of person?   Answer Question