Toys ''R'' Us

2.3

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I applied online and got a call about a week later to go in for an interview for the part-time seasonal position. I was pretty excited considering it was my first job. I went in for a group interview with 9 other people. We had to choose a cartoon character that represented us best and then choose a toy in the store pass it to the person next to us and try to sell it to the managers. Then we waited around for our individual interviews which was really quick. They pretty much only asked when we were available to work. Then they said they would call if we got the job and then they would send in our background check and that would take about a week to go through.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations.. Starting part-time $8.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

After filling out application online, a few weeks later i received a call for an interview. Once i arrived i found out it would be a group interview. It turned out to be a interactive activity where we had to put together blocks and make a Christmas image. FYI this was during the holiday season so it was a seasonal offer. Once finished with the activity, we did a sales advertisement. The hiring manager loved us all so much all 4 of us were hired.

Off Hours Stock Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview is a group interview. The store manager comes in and tells you about store policies and what you would be doing if you got hired. You play a game with building blocks to learn to work together as a team. The manager then gives a tour of the store and tells you to pick out one toy to sell to them in a 30 second commercial. After the commercials everyone has a one on one interview. You really have to have a fun and bubbly personality. The whole interview took about 2 hours.

No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2014.

Group interview, we had to describe a product amongst ourselves with the pretense of trying to sell the product to a customer. Everyone will get the chance and interviewer will make you look a little closer if you were not that detailed

Interview Questions
    • this group interview is not that helpful, persons are being compared to each other on spot. personal questions are a little bit intimidating. Such as words to describe self and other lives experiences. please bear in mind you don't know the participants. It's an awkward position ..very!   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2014.

I applied online. Two weeks later got a call for an interview for the following week. Went to the interview waited for a while for the interviewer and for another person who was coming for an interview and never showed up. I was out in five minutes with a job offer.

Got offered another job

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2014.

I had one group interview. We had to partner up and convince the hr why they should be hired. We also had to make a toy and try to sell the product . finally we were interviewed individually.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What makes you different?   View Answer
    Be You!

Off Hours Stock Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2014.

The interview was pretty cool. Me & 3 others were in the group interview so we interviewed each other. Then we had to the the HR Manger why she should hire the other person. Then wehad a one on one interview with the HR. WE Had said I was hired and all I need was a back ground check!

Interview Questions
    • What kind of hours are good with you & can you work on holidays   Answer Question
    None

Back of the House Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2014.

Applied online. It was the standard retail application process, with the multiple choice aptitude test at the end of the application. Got a call to interview in-store about 2 days later. The interview process was unorthodox: Which could be expected from a giant toy store. It was a group interview, and the first thing we had to do was grab a toy that we thought best described our personality. Second, we had to create a commercial for that toy, and act it out. 3rd, we had to partner with someone and make a commercial based on our two toys. Was told I got the job after the interview process was over.

Interview Questions
    • Combining my toy with someone elses was pretty challenging, in that you had to try to sell items together that were completely unrelated.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2014.

Applied for the seasonal position (December). Got a call back within a week. Got hired on the spot. I was interviewed alone.
    They let go all of the seasonal employees as there was not enough revenue to supply payroll.

Interview Questions
    It's a gamble. You might get good hours, you might not.

Seasonal Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2014.

First it was group interview. We were told to pick a product and try to sell it to the manager. After everybody is done, there was one in one interview. 10 questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • If there is a spillage near you and you are being called to the cash register, what would you do?   Answer Question