Toys ''R'' Us

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Fontana, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview. Had to pick a product out on the floor and speak to the manager about the product. You had to be specific. I can tell they were studying the choice of words I used and checking my tone of voice. I tried to sound as positive and enthusiastic as I can to get that seasonal position. By the way, this interview took place in 2002.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied. Revived a call and scheduled the interviews a week later. First conducted a group interview with about 8 other people. Was asked to stay after other applicants left and performed an interview with store manager. They gave me a start date a few days after that and all the paper work was done on the first day.

Interview Question – Go through the store, pick two items, and give a presentation on what the highlights and benefits are of buying that item.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N.a.

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – Long interview, 5 people to meet with, first phone interview, later whole day interview sometimes two days.
Wait time for offer is too long. Decision making process very long. No negotiations with benefits allowed.

Interview Question – Out of box ideas   View Answer

Electronics Associate Interview

Electronics Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – First phase: Applying online. Get a call back from the human resources associate in the store at which you applied. Schedule an interview, business casual clothing.

Second phase: Interview is a group interview. Undergo a sales test where you take an item off the shelf and sell it to the interviewer, a human resources representative. Also sell a random item of the interviewers choosing. Then you take a tour of the store. Schedule the next interview.

Third phase: Interview with store manager. Asks about experience, work ethic, lifestyle, etc. Specifics depend on who the store manager is. Schedule training if the job offer is accepted.

Interview Question – The impromptu sales test was unexpected, and difficult if you don't have sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate nothing, it was a minimum wage position.

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member

I applied online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through Toys R Us. Then I got a call about a week and a half later saying that I should come in for a group interview. I went in and it was only myself and another female. In the break room is where the interview took place. It was the 2 of us appliers and then the store manager and HR guy. We introduced ourself and said our favorite toy. The first activity was we had to sell the managers on why the OTHER person deserved to be hired. Next we were asked to go out into the store and pick a toy to sell to them. After that the manager just told us more about the company and the roles we would have to do. We weren't taken aside individually, they just told us on the spot they liked us and we were hired. Dress code and orientation instructions followed and then we could leave. It was honestly fun and chill. I stressed out about it for no reason, it was great.

Interview Question – Be prepared to try and sell something!   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with five people, two phone calls and three different locations in three cities within five days of applying online. This includes two HR, two DM, and the VP. Behavioral and situational questions will be asked by all five people. After the last interview, all five will compare notes for consistency.

Negotiation Details – I gave them a $5,000 range from looking at Glass door salaries. They gave me what I asked for. I believe I could I gotten more.

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – Recruited by Regional leadership and then made an account with RUS corporate along with applying online so they could get it officially in the system. Then called in to speak with DM and after a work got a call that I got the job. Started during holiday season.

Negotiation Details – Brief

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details – group interview with about 12 people, lasted about 4 hours i wore a suit, i was way over dressed, some one else wore a white t shirt, but i was hired so what can i say

Interview Question – make a pyramid out of cups using only rubber bands   Answer Question

Human Resources Department Supervisor Interview

Human Resources Department Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – Three part interview process. the first interview was a phone interview, it took about 25 min. I was offered three management positions! Human Resources Department Supervisor appealed to me so I went for it. Next was a face to face interview with the store manager where he explained in detail the role of a Human Resources Department Supervisor and asked questions about my leadership skills, the next interview was with two key holding managers and a offer was made.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.
What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
Why do you want this job?
Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
What's your ideal company?
What attracted you to this company?
Why should we hire you?
What did you like least about your last job?
When were you most satisfied in your job?
What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
What were the responsibilities of your last position?
Why are you leaving your present job?
What do you know about this industry?
What do you know about our company?
Are you willing to relocate?
Do you have any questions for me?
  Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details – Process took several weeks. Spoke with the Store Manager and was encouraged to apply. Online application includes a personality assessment to weed out the riff-raff. Called the hiring manager every now and then to check on the status of application. Was eventually invited to a group interview event, which was pretty entertaining. Activities include picking a toy of your choice to pitch to your fellow interviewees, building a small toy out of Lego blocks and selling it to the group, and interviewing each other with general questions. Each person was taken one-by-one for a private interview with the hiring manager and a second manager-on-duty. Basic interview questions were asked, along with a few personal questions. Fairly easy and laid-back.

Two days later was called and offered a job. After the background check cleared (another week later), was called in for orientation.

Interview Question – Not so much a question, but rather the task of taking an unfamiliar toy, studying it for a few minutes, and then trying to sell it to the entire interview group.   View Answer