Toys ''R'' Us

2.3

Over Night Stock Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

The hiring and interview process was rather easy! I applied on Tuesday night, received a call back on Wednesday, interviewed on Friday and was offered a job on the spot!

When going into the interview which was a group setting, I smiled from beginning to end, even though I was very nervous I didn't let it show. We were given a partner and had to introduce each other to the other candidates. (Please remember to have fun with it because the manager will be checking off on their clip board the entire time) Then we were told to go out to the store with our partner and pick a toy to sale to the class, my partner and myself decided to create a scenario and go from there. After that was done we were given a little packet with different policies and offers that toys r us has and a few minutes to read over it and had to briefly tell everyone about it (please don't over think it! Just tell a few facts and be done).

After all this was over, we were taken to a seperate room and called in one by one for interviews face to face with the store manager. If they liked you, you are offered a position on the spot!

Just remember to go in there be yourself and HAVE FUN! it's the easiest interview I've ever had !!

GOOD LUCK :)

Ps. I read these interview experiences prior to going to my interview and it really helped!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and they wanted you to handle a situation immediately that could take a longer time to resolve.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Seasonal Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

I applied online through their website and received a phone call a week later to schedule an interview. I was asked what time I would be available to come in and I said after 4 would be fine. Interview was set up at 5. I arrived and asked for ***** (the HR manager). She asked me to wait in the backroom and would meet me in a few minutes. When she came back, she introduced herself and began asking questions if I had ever had experience in retail,(this would be my first job) gave me details of the company, the pay and what I would be doing. She was very friendly and very easy to talk to. I felt as if I have been friends with her already! At the end of the interview, she told me she will run my background and would call me within a week since there's so many applicants for the holiday season. She called me exactly a week later and told me to come in to sign paper work. One day later, she called me with my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They do like that you ask them questions at the end! They give a very thorough answers and make sure you understand everything said.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $8 was as good as it gets for a seasonal position.

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

They have a panel interview. First they let you tear some tissue on a roll, and then that's the number of things that you will tell about your self. After that they will pair you with someone to discuss your favorite movie and tell to your partner why you choose that for 10 minutes, and then after that you will go in front and tell what your partners favorite movie and why he or she choosed it.

Interview Questions
    • Choose an item and tell something about it to promote the product.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

There was a round-table interview process with several other Department Supervisors from the district. There were store managers, the DM, and the HRDM sitting in the room taking notes and observing our behavior. They asked us questions and generally gave feedback on the spot. Afterwards we each had two individual interviews. I interviewed with two store managers for the first interview. My second individual interview was with the DM and another store manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about what the company values were and where I thought I fell on that spectrum. Why did I feel that I met that particular company value.   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation for this position.

Sales Associate Interview

Make sure you come dressed to impress and be confident. They will ask you to pick out a toy from the sales floor and ask you to talk about the toy and sell it to them as if they were the customer.

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in September 2014.

Applied online and was called the next day for an interview. When I went to the store for the interview, a cashier told everyone to walk around and pick out a toy while we wait. When I got to the interview room, we wrote our names on name tags and had to stand up and introduce ourselves with an adjective that matches the first letter of your first name. Then, we were asked to interview the person across from you as to why the company should hire them and stand up and present the info. After, we had to sell our chosen toy to the group as if you were talking to a customer. Then you had to build something out of Legos in groups and have someone stand and explain it. Finally, they called everyone back for one on one questioning. The questions were very simple and short.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the most difficult question they repeatedly asked was if you had any questions for them   Answer Question
    We did not discuss our wages

Assistant Traffic Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Was contacted by a Toys-R-Us recruiter via email and applied online. After a couple of days, had a phone interview with HR, followed by in-person interview with 4 managers/hiring manager.

Very large and beautiful campus in Wayne, NJ, however not near public transportation. HR manager was very organized and gave out a company packet outlining the company and benefits.

Management should remain "Professional" during the interview process and HR should keep potential candidates abreast of their "status" if no longer interested.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have kids? (I thought that was illegal to ask)   View Answer

Over Night Stock Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in September 2014.

Process took about one week an employee from the store called and asked if I could come in the next day for a night interview I showed up to find out it was a group interview we all got a name tag and introduced our self then we had to go in the store for like 5 min and pick a toy and go back and sell it to the HR Managers as if they were the customers then after that we broke up into groups to build amusement parks out of legos after that we were called in for 1:1 interviews and was told they will call us back when background check came back and that took like 3 days to hear from them

N/A

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in September 2014.

Applied on a Monday for Receiving Specialist and heard back from HR Manager on Tuesday. Was asked to come in for an interview on Thursday. I arrived at the interview early and realized it was a group interview which they had not informed me off. Anyway the interview consisted of introducing yourself, then forming groups and introducing someone else and then selling a product to the managers. When selling the product you needed to be as detailed as possible. Once that was finished then we all went into the room one at a time to speak with the managers and they asked a few last questions.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part was selling the toy simply because some toys are easier to sell then others.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in September 2014.

Filled out the application online Thursday, and received a call Monday to come in for a group interview Tuesday morning. There were 5 other people there for a total of six and we met with the Store Manager and the HR Manager. They had us introduce our selves and say what our favorite toy was and why we'd like to work at the store. Then they had us get into pairs and create a toy out of legos and then someone from the group would give a sales pitch for the toy. After that we were told to go out into the store and pick out a toy that we would then offer a sales pitch for that toy. After that was done we had time to ask questions and were told we would be called that week if they wanted to do a second one on one interview. I received a call two days after my group interview to come in the next day. Since I was a returning seasonal member the store manager just talked with me for a few minutes and offered me my position again.

Interview Questions
    • "Build a toy out of Legos and then pitch it to the group." I'm not super great at creating things so this was challenging for me, but I was able to have a decent pitch.   Answer Question
    Since it's a seasonal position there was not much room for negotiation other than what you would like your schedule to be.