Toys ''R'' Us Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
481 interviews

2.3

Morning Stock Seasonal Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I had a very easy interview where they explain the type of the job and everything that needs to be done. Only one interview was necessary and was hired on the spot. The HR person was very nice and makes people feel very comfortable

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview process was very straight forward and simple. I was just asked to describe myself.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2014.

Interviewed through an on-campus recruiting event. The whole interviews lasted around 20 minutes.

Several questions on the interviewee's background, nothing unusual. Company specific questions included what Toys R Us meant specifically to the interviewee, and where does the interviewee see the company headed. The interviewer was very nice to talk to.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

It was a group interview where we sat in a circle and were asked general questions, like why we want to be a part of the company, etc. They asked for permission to do a background check. It was a short and painless process. The whole thing lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a group of interviewees to select a toy and explain how that toy represents their workmanship style.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

They call or email you and tell you the date they will be having the interview. It's a group interview with people applying for all kinds of positions.

Interview Questions
    • we all had to pick an item to sell from the store and when we got back to the room we ended up switching the item with the person next to us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2010.

Very fun interview process one of the only interviews I ever done

Department Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Make sure you are outgoing and have all your questions and answers figured out ahead of time. Have examples of past experiences with customers at any previous jobs and most of all have fun!

Interview Questions
    • If you had an under-performing team member, how would you assess the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online and received an email stating I was not needed later that week. Received a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview the next week. The interview process was not difficult; I arrived on time and we waited about 10 minutes for others to arrive. We went to the back for the interview to be conducted after being told to pick a toy from the sales floor.

Interview Questions
    • Building a toy with interview group and attempting to sell it   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in March 2012.

There was a very simple interview regarding skills and what you can bring to the company. Also if you notice any toys in the interview room be prepared to try and "sell" it to the manager but don't be to caught up in the process of actually trying to sell t because its a test not really for your selling ability but the way you convey yourself to other people because most likely there will be many other people interviewing along with yourself within that session.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult as for unexpected is who is your favorite childhood superhero.   View Answer
    None other than working hours.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

hiring process is group interviews. love the process

Interview Questions
    • only talked about experience and behavioral questions. conflict management   Answer Question
    no negotiation