Toys ''R'' Us Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

There was a group interview were they told you about the company an what the company stood for. they would explain the types of items you would be selling an the add ons. they explained some of the benfits of working there such as the employee discount but they also did role play to see who was comfortable selling as well as who was paying attention. afterwards you would sent down with hiring manger an store manger were they would as you questions about previous jobs held. why you wanted to work there, were did you see your self with the company in 5 years. i was actually a assistant to the hiring manger one year so i was able to few the steps that they did but not all stores follow same questionnaire i guess you could say.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult question to answer was what is your biggest weakness an how are you working on fixing it?   Answer Question
    there wasn't much negotiation i was given just above min wage offer an it was a take or leave it deal.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

First interview over the phone with HR - asked general questions about background and skills.
    Second Interview with HR in person and Director - asked more specific questions about projects worked on and types of technology as well as experience dealing with people and problems.
    Third Interview with 2 different group managers I wold report to 1 of them - asked many questions about problem solving, dealing with projects and people, budgets, and project setups. Also had discussions about personal likes and dislikes to get to know each other.
    Final negotiation of salary over the phone.
    Came in for tentative offer letter and drug test paperwork.
    Final offer letter was sent after drug test results in.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated over the phone with HR to get more vacation and salary, but not much more salary. They got final approval from the Director and it was pretty straight forward, but they had ranges in mind when discussing.

Morning Stock Seasonal Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I had a very easy interview where they explain the type of the job and everything that needs to be done. Only one interview was necessary and was hired on the spot. The HR person was very nice and makes people feel very comfortable

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview process was very straight forward and simple. I was just asked to describe myself.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2014.

Interviewed through an on-campus recruiting event. The whole interviews lasted around 20 minutes.

Several questions on the interviewee's background, nothing unusual. Company specific questions included what Toys R Us meant specifically to the interviewee, and where does the interviewee see the company headed. The interviewer was very nice to talk to.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

It was a group interview where we sat in a circle and were asked general questions, like why we want to be a part of the company, etc. They asked for permission to do a background check. It was a short and painless process. The whole thing lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a group of interviewees to select a toy and explain how that toy represents their workmanship style.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

They call or email you and tell you the date they will be having the interview. It's a group interview with people applying for all kinds of positions.

Interview Questions
    • we all had to pick an item to sell from the store and when we got back to the room we ended up switching the item with the person next to us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2010.

Very fun interview process one of the only interviews I ever done

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Make sure you are outgoing and have all your questions and answers figured out ahead of time. Have examples of past experiences with customers at any previous jobs and most of all have fun!

Interview Questions
    • If you had an under-performing team member, how would you assess the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online and received an email stating I was not needed later that week. Received a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview the next week. The interview process was not difficult; I arrived on time and we waited about 10 minutes for others to arrive. We went to the back for the interview to be conducted after being told to pick a toy from the sales floor.

Interview Questions
    • Building a toy with interview group and attempting to sell it   Answer Question