Toys ''R'' Us Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.4

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Traffic Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Was contacted by a Toys-R-Us recruiter via email and applied online. After a couple of days, had a phone interview with HR, followed by in-person interview with 4 managers/hiring manager.

Very large and beautiful campus in Wayne, NJ, however not near public transportation. HR manager was very organized and gave out a company packet outlining the company and benefits.

Management should remain "Professional" during the interview process and HR should keep potential candidates abreast of their "status" if no longer interested.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have kids? (I thought that was illegal to ask)   View Answer

Maintenance/Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The entire process took about 4 to 5 days. I completed an application online and that very same day I received a phone call. I was told that they would be interviewing people the very next day and I was asked would I be able to make it. The interview was a one on one interview with 2 managers. There were 2 other candidates there and I was interviewed last.The environment was very calm and I felt pretty comfortable. The questions they asked were pretty typical. They asked, How does my past experience relate to the position I am applying for? Why am I interested in working for Toys 'R' Us?

Interview Questions
    • How does your past experience relate to the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in June 2013.

The interview process was quite relaxing and comforting for a group interview. After getting to know a little bit about everyone we split up into smaller groups and were given a box full of legos and were asked to create a toy and try our best to brand and sell it. Afterwards they just chose who they feel are the better candidates for toys r us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2014.

I applied online on either Sunday or Monday. Got a call from the HR lady on Tuesday. Interview was Thursday. This was for the Times Square location.

There were 8 people there including myself. First we made name tags using an adjective that describes you. The adjective had to start with the same letter as your first name. So I suggest you go in knowing an adjective that you're going to use. We briefly introduced ourselves and explained why we picked that adjective.

After that, we were broken into 3 groups, and had to build a toy out of Legos. We also had to make up a company name, slogan, jingle, the name of the product, the age range, and a special feature. And I'm forgetting something else. We had twenty minutes to do all of this. Make sure that you are actively participating in the group, and that everyone gets a turn to present. It was a very relaxed and laid back environment. I am usually not the most talkative person in social situations, and if I was relaxed, you will be too.

Once everyone had presented, they had us pick an item that you brought with you, (could be anything - I picked Chapstick) and you had to try and sell it to them.

Out of eight people, seven got a 1:1 interview. One guy wore saggy jeans and a t-shirt and still got an interview. (I still don't recommend doing this.) I was first up, so I didn't have a lot of time to get super worked up and nervous. I think I did a lot worse on this part of the interview.

First an HR rep asked me some questions! briefly went outside, and then walked in another woman! head of a specific department. They said they thought I would be briefly suited for that position instead. The interview included questions like "tell me about yourself," "what would you do if this happened," "how long do you want to work here." I stumbled on some words, but I think I did a pretty good job answering their questions. She also gave me a job description and asked about my availability. The only part I didn't like was when the second woman asked me how old I am. I'm 17, but will be 18 in a week. She said, and I quote, "I wouldn't put you past two." Yes, I know I look young, but I definitely do not look two. 13, yeah. I thought that was a little rude of her. Anyway, she walked out and the first HR woman came in a minute afterwards. She told me that they will have to wait until I turn 18, then they can run a background check, and will call me once they do. I was offered the job.

Overall, the interview was very relaxed and informal. I wore black pants and a grey blouse.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place. They pay $8.50 and hour and I'm fine with that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Pretty straight forward questions. They pretty much hire any and everybody. Which can be a good or bad thing. You have to deal with the stupidity or incompetence of your peers.

Nothing

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flanders, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flanders, NJ

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in April 2010.

fairly easy just met with ops and GM went over my experience in my past and what they do there, Wasn't bad at all it was pretty easy actually. The manager just seemed in a rush but nothing too out of ordinary warehouse experience

none

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Long interview, 5 people to meet with, first phone interview, later whole day interview sometimes two days.
    Wait time for offer is too long. Decision making process very long. No negotiations with benefits allowed.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

First interview over the phone with HR - asked general questions about background and skills.
    Second Interview with HR in person and Director - asked more specific questions about projects worked on and types of technology as well as experience dealing with people and problems.
    Third Interview with 2 different group managers I wold report to 1 of them - asked many questions about problem solving, dealing with projects and people, budgets, and project setups. Also had discussions about personal likes and dislikes to get to know each other.
    Final negotiation of salary over the phone.
    Came in for tentative offer letter and drug test paperwork.
    Final offer letter was sent after drug test results in.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated over the phone with HR to get more vacation and salary, but not much more salary. They got final approval from the Director and it was pretty straight forward, but they had ranges in mind when discussing.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2014.

Interviewed through an on-campus recruiting event. The whole interviews lasted around 20 minutes.

Several questions on the interviewee's background, nothing unusual. Company specific questions included what Toys R Us meant specifically to the interviewee, and where does the interviewee see the company headed. The interviewer was very nice to talk to.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2012.

It was an all day process. Start early in the morning and are there until about 4-5pm. Meet lots of people within the accounting and finance dept. all questions that they ask are read from a paper. You have 2-3 one on one interviews. Group team builder exercises. There is a exam but not to difficult. Don't like not getting a call back on wether you received a job or not.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you a lot of scenario questions nothing too difficult. Just be prepared.   Answer Question

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!