Toys ''R'' Us Overnight Stock Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2015

1.9

Overnight Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

The interview took place at 12:30. There were about 7 to 8 people there. First thing we did was build Legos together. Then we introduced ourselves to the group. Then we had to pick a toy out of the cart and sell it to the managers present. Afterwords we had a one-on-one interview with the managers, it really wasn't anything formal, they just told us about the job and they well call you regardless if you get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Both introducing yourself and selling a toy as well as working together to build Legos is kind of the questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none, I get paid $8.25 an hour sometimes $10 if I'm working overnight.

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Overnight Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

Interview

Details I applied online and in a week they called to schedule an interview. The interview was mainly group activities. We were assigned in different groups and we were asked to create a toy out of blocks and then talk about the toy we made to everyone. Then we were asked to choose a toy and sale it to the manager. Then after that you have a one on one interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty simple. One of the questions was ''Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Overnight Stock Interview

Interview

Went in for my first interview, it was a group interview with two female employees (I'll give them fake names - Mary & Kate). They asked us 'basic hiring questions'; why would you like to join the Toys R Us Family? How Long have you been in the retail field?, share a story when you went above and beyond, etc... After the group interview both employees Mary & Kate then had all of us wait outside of their "training/interview" room, and called us in one-by-one for the 1 on 1 interview. Mary stayed in the original room we started in and Kate went into the next room. They called us randomly, I was the third one called into Mary's room and the person before me was rolling her eyes as she walked out. Mary did my one-on-one interview & could care less about doing so (kept losing track of what questions she already asked me & kept playing on her phone). In the mean time, Kate obviously wasn't prepared and came in our room several times basically asking Mary what to do next, either she was missing something or didn't know what to do next...... (smh terrible) Final task at the end of my interview, Mary gave me a paper clip and told me to "sell it" to her. Before I could even begin Kate once again bursts in the room, this time already talking to Mary and interrupted my "selling of the paper clip". Kate this time had a whole bunch of questions for Mary and was there at least 3 minuets.... the whole time Mary wasnt even making eye contact with Kate because she was texting or doing something on her cellphone. Finally Kate finished and left the room, I waited for Mary to finish up whatever she was doing on her cell phone and she did. She put the phone down, looked up at me and said, "Ok, are you finished?"... I told her, "Yes" and walked out.

Interview Questions

• All questions were expected, but the employees* that asked the questions were unexpected.   Answer Question

Overnight Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Applied and within 2 weeks received a call. I was placed on hold several times between 5-10 minutes just to be told that the pay is inflexible at min. wage and it's overnight!

Pay and lack if prof. behavior.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Wichita, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an interview at toys r us and I am a previous employee from babies r us I worked with babies for almost 6 years. I took a chance and figured that I would have a good chance since I was familiar, but things didn't work in my favor I was sent an email shortly after I left my group interview that said we regret to inform you but we have chosen to pursue our search for someone more qualified (REALLY) Then I found out why I wasn't hired by toys it was something that babies r us told the manager at toys about me I don't think it is fair to give a bad review on a person after I gave almost 6 years of my life to babies if I honestly was that bad I would of be fired something doesn't sound right to me. I thought the only information that was to be given was only brief not talk about someone badly to your sister store. As far as I am concerned it is one of the worst companies to work for. I applied for seasonal.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (East Lansing, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

I was placed in a room with about 5 other girls and we all played two games. Then we did the one on one interview once the games were completed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I haven't even started as an overnight stocker. I've been a cashier and a sales associate and not once have I been done the assignment I was hired in to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Culver City, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

it was a group interview and it began with the group of about 10 of us being lead into a room. That is where we waited for the manager and the human resources of the store. They waited a few minutes for the rest of the group to show up. Then we got started they introduced themselves. then they went around the tables we introduced ourselves,say why you want the job,and tell them our favorite toy. As this was happening the manager was writing things down on his tablet. Then they separated us in to groups and gave us legos. then we had to build something and let them know what it was. this activity was used to see if we could do things as a team. Then were told to leave the room and after a couple of minutes I was called back into the room with two other people and was told that they were going with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very standard nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

Well you start off with a group interview. Myself personally was in a group of 7. Once you walk in the two managers introduced themselves and hand you a piece of paper. They say write your name and your favorite cartoon character. They go around the table where you introduce yourself and tell a little about yourself. Once you done you have to act out your character. From there they tell you to go out to the floor and pick a toy. Then you have to sell the toy to them. Afterwards they pair you up and ask sell your partner as if you where a manager and they were your client. The whole process takes about 45minutes to an hour. Afterwards you go on to your second interview. Try to go first as they last about 30minutes if your going to get hired. This the typical why do you want to work here and what is your previous experience. NOTE: If your second interview seems very short you may not have gotten the job. How do I know. Myself and another guy's second only lasted 10minutes maybe, while the others where extremely long. Sent the dreaded email the next morning.

Anonymous Employee in Rego Park, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Rego Park, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online via the toys r us website. I received a call a couple of weeks later asking me to come in the next morning. Upon arrival, there were about ten people waiting to be interviewed.. Before the interview process began, we had to watch two videos explaining store policies and what the job consists of. After that we were each called one by one to have the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you encountered a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Ventura, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

you basically interview your partner, present each other in front of the class, and take a product you have on you, and try to sell it to the class / show and tell. Honestly, no one from the school did anything except take roll and supervise the children. Had i known this, i would have stayed home and not wasted my time (Yeah, i know i'm describing a school / classroom setting because honestly; that's how it really felt)