Toys ''R'' Us

Average Difficulty
114 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in April 2011.

Interview Details – One week after applying, I received a phone call to come in for a group interview. At the group interview, they asked a series of questions to each person. Ex. "What is your favorite childhood toy?" Afterwards, they took each person individually into the office for a one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hours were too sparse.

Very Easy Interview

Buckhead, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2014.

Interview Details – took a bit long
various activities
sale a item via commercial
sale an item to the manager
introduce another interviewee
introduce yourself
spend time on the floor
mingle with other employees
overall a good interview
was a group interview
group of 5

Interview Question – No questions Asked , but hyping up another candidate interviewing for the same job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Availability, personality

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – There was a group interview were they told you about the company an what the company stood for. they would explain the types of items you would be selling an the add ons. they explained some of the benfits of working there such as the employee discount but they also did role play to see who was comfortable selling as well as who was paying attention. afterwards you would sent down with hiring manger an store manger were they would as you questions about previous jobs held. why you wanted to work there, were did you see your self with the company in 5 years. i was actually a assistant to the hiring manger one year so i was able to few the steps that they did but not all stores follow same questionnaire i guess you could say.

Interview Question – most difficult question to answer was what is your biggest weakness an how are you working on fixing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasn't much negotiation i was given just above min wage offer an it was a take or leave it deal.

I applied online and interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straight forward and simple. I was just asked to describe myself.

I applied online and interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – They call or email you and tell you the date they will be having the interview. It's a group interview with people applying for all kinds of positions.

Interview Question – we all had to pick an item to sell from the store and when we got back to the room we ended up switching the item with the person next to us.   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very fun interview process one of the only interviews I ever done

Interview Question – Describe yourself using the letters in your name   Answer Question

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details – Group interview, lego building exercise, selling a toy

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2013.

Interview Details – I saw the advertising sign in the Toys R Us store-It prompted me to apply online. I applied online and received a call from HR wanting me to come in for an interview. I scheduled the interview for the next day.

Interview Question – Most of the questions we very straightforward and expected. There was a scenario with a spill,a customer who needs help, and they were calling for help up front. Which would you address first, next,next.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation-everyone who was hired seasonally received the same pay.

Tustin, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details – Applied Online, got a phone call few days later and it was a group interview. I wasn't aware of it until I got there. There were at least 10 of us and they made us work together as a team and build a toy. It had to be creative and we had to explain what it was and what it did. Then each of us had to get up and pretend to sale an item, insurance for a particular item and sign up for rewards card. It wasn't hard at all. The interview process probably took an hour. I was then called 30 mins after the interview that I was hired.

Interview Question – Nothing at all. They didn't ask us questions individually, since it was a group interview. They really didn't ask questions at all. It seemed they just got the youngest and active people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was my first job so I took it.

Terre Haute, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview is awesome, completely different than any place else. They put a box of Legos on the table and have you build anything you want with it. Also, they have you go to the floor and get a toy and then come back and explain the toy to everyone else.

Interview Question – What's your favorite toy?   View Answer

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!