Toys ''R'' Us Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.2

120 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Called in for an interview. Sent an email informing you of what to expect, among things were that it is a group setting, with various activities to get to know you and how you interact with other people. Then on to one on one interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • What was one thing you recommended to someone recently, and did they accept your recommendation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

It was a group interview. We all had to tell about ourselves, our favorite toy and hobby. After that they paired us and we had to sell a toy to each other. When we finished they took us on 1-1 interview with the store manager, assistant manager and HR Person for a more in depth questions and to explain the hours and availability needed. The whole interview took 2 hours i felt i was in an orientation lol

Sales Associate Interview

Make sure you come dressed to impress and be confident. They will ask you to pick out a toy from the sales floor and ask you to talk about the toy and sell it to them as if they were the customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2014.

took a bit long
    various activities
    sale a item via commercial
    sale an item to the manager
    introduce another interviewee
    introduce yourself
    spend time on the floor
    mingle with other employees
    overall a good interview
    was a group interview
    group of 5

Interview Questions
    • No questions Asked , but hyping up another candidate interviewing for the same job   Answer Question
    Availability, personality

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

There was a group interview were they told you about the company an what the company stood for. they would explain the types of items you would be selling an the add ons. they explained some of the benfits of working there such as the employee discount but they also did role play to see who was comfortable selling as well as who was paying attention. afterwards you would sent down with hiring manger an store manger were they would as you questions about previous jobs held. why you wanted to work there, were did you see your self with the company in 5 years. i was actually a assistant to the hiring manger one year so i was able to few the steps that they did but not all stores follow same questionnaire i guess you could say.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult question to answer was what is your biggest weakness an how are you working on fixing it?   Answer Question
    there wasn't much negotiation i was given just above min wage offer an it was a take or leave it deal.

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview process was very straight forward and simple. I was just asked to describe myself.

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

They call or email you and tell you the date they will be having the interview. It's a group interview with people applying for all kinds of positions.

Interview Questions
    • we all had to pick an item to sell from the store and when we got back to the room we ended up switching the item with the person next to us.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview, lego building exercise, selling a toy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Applied Online, got a phone call few days later and it was a group interview. I wasn't aware of it until I got there. There were at least 10 of us and they made us work together as a team and build a toy. It had to be creative and we had to explain what it was and what it did. Then each of us had to get up and pretend to sale an item, insurance for a particular item and sign up for rewards card. It wasn't hard at all. The interview process probably took an hour. I was then called 30 mins after the interview that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing at all. They didn't ask us questions individually, since it was a group interview. They really didn't ask questions at all. It seemed they just got the youngest and active people.   Answer Question
    It was my first job so I took it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interviewed with a supervision and then another supervisor

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had someone difficult to deal with? If so how did you handle it   Answer Question