Toys ''R'' Us Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Lafayette, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview. There were 21 of us interviewing for 1 position. The interview was conducted by the Store manager, Asst store manager, & Manager. The whole was pretty long because it was such a large group. It lasted 3 hrs. We were asked to make a name tent. Tell about ourselves. Describe guest services. We were then pair off in groups of 2. Explain why your partner should be hired. Then we picked one of our favorite childhood toys. Explained why? The store manager talked about salary, the position, and told about the store.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

After filling out application online, a few weeks later i received a call for an interview. Once i arrived i found out it would be a group interview. It turned out to be a interactive activity where we had to put together blocks and make a Christmas image. FYI this was during the holiday season so it was a seasonal offer. Once finished with the activity, we did a sales advertisement. The hiring manager loved us all so much all 4 of us were hired.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate how you would advertise a product from our store?   1 Answer
    • Do you like buying toys?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Porter Ranch, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied for the seasonal position (December). Got a call back within a week. Got hired on the spot. I was interviewed alone.
    They let go all of the seasonal employees as there was not enough revenue to supply payroll.

Interview Questions

• An idea of customer serservice to me   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a gamble. You might get good hours, you might not.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

Called in for an interview. Sent an email informing you of what to expect, among things were that it is a group setting, with various activities to get to know you and how you interact with other people. Then on to one on one interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you recommended to someone recently, and did they accept your recommendation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. We all had to tell about ourselves, our favorite toy and hobby. After that they paired us and we had to sell a toy to each other. When we finished they took us on 1-1 interview with the store manager, assistant manager and HR Person for a more in depth questions and to explain the hours and availability needed. The whole interview took 2 hours i felt i was in an orientation lol

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Make sure you come dressed to impress and be confident. They will ask you to pick out a toy from the sales floor and ask you to talk about the toy and sell it to them as if they were the customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us (Buckhead, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

took a bit long
    various activities
    sale a item via commercial
    sale an item to the manager
    introduce another interviewee
    introduce yourself
    spend time on the floor
    mingle with other employees
    overall a good interview
    was a group interview
    group of 5

Interview Questions

• No questions Asked , but hyping up another candidate interviewing for the same job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Availability, personality

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

There was a group interview were they told you about the company an what the company stood for. they would explain the types of items you would be selling an the add ons. they explained some of the benfits of working there such as the employee discount but they also did role play to see who was comfortable selling as well as who was paying attention. afterwards you would sent down with hiring manger an store manger were they would as you questions about previous jobs held. why you wanted to work there, were did you see your self with the company in 5 years. i was actually a assistant to the hiring manger one year so i was able to few the steps that they did but not all stores follow same questionnaire i guess you could say.

Interview Questions

• most difficult question to answer was what is your biggest weakness an how are you working on fixing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't much negotiation i was given just above min wage offer an it was a take or leave it deal.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and simple. I was just asked to describe myself.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview

They call or email you and tell you the date they will be having the interview. It's a group interview with people applying for all kinds of positions.

Interview Questions

• we all had to pick an item to sell from the store and when we got back to the room we ended up switching the item with the person next to us.   Answer Question