Toys ''R'' Us Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

115 interviews

2.2

115 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2010.

Was a group interview. They give you legos to build a product and try to sell it, then give you actual toys to try to sell them the toy. If you make it past the group interview, then you will have 1 1 on 1 interview with a manager.

SMILE! Make the best of it and try to have fun. If you look miserable, then you look like a miserable choice.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if your guest wants an item, needs it today, and we don't have it in stock?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in April 2011.

One week after applying, I received a phone call to come in for a group interview. At the group interview, they asked a series of questions to each person. Ex. "What is your favorite childhood toy?" Afterwards, they took each person individually into the office for a one-on-one interview.

Hours were too sparse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buckhead, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2014.

took a bit long
    various activities
    sale a item via commercial
    sale an item to the manager
    introduce another interviewee
    introduce yourself
    spend time on the floor
    mingle with other employees
    overall a good interview
    was a group interview
    group of 5

Interview Questions
    • No questions Asked , but hyping up another candidate interviewing for the same job   Answer Question
    Availability, personality

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

There was a group interview were they told you about the company an what the company stood for. they would explain the types of items you would be selling an the add ons. they explained some of the benfits of working there such as the employee discount but they also did role play to see who was comfortable selling as well as who was paying attention. afterwards you would sent down with hiring manger an store manger were they would as you questions about previous jobs held. why you wanted to work there, were did you see your self with the company in 5 years. i was actually a assistant to the hiring manger one year so i was able to few the steps that they did but not all stores follow same questionnaire i guess you could say.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult question to answer was what is your biggest weakness an how are you working on fixing it?   Answer Question
    there wasn't much negotiation i was given just above min wage offer an it was a take or leave it deal.

I interviewed online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview process was very straight forward and simple. I was just asked to describe myself.

I interviewed online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

They call or email you and tell you the date they will be having the interview. It's a group interview with people applying for all kinds of positions.

Interview Questions
    • we all had to pick an item to sell from the store and when we got back to the room we ended up switching the item with the person next to us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2010.

Very fun interview process one of the only interviews I ever done

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview, lego building exercise, selling a toy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2013.

I saw the advertising sign in the Toys R Us store-It prompted me to apply online. I applied online and received a call from HR wanting me to come in for an interview. I scheduled the interview for the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions we very straightforward and expected. There was a scenario with a spill,a customer who needs help, and they were calling for help up front. Which would you address first, next,next.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation-everyone who was hired seasonally received the same pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Applied Online, got a phone call few days later and it was a group interview. I wasn't aware of it until I got there. There were at least 10 of us and they made us work together as a team and build a toy. It had to be creative and we had to explain what it was and what it did. Then each of us had to get up and pretend to sale an item, insurance for a particular item and sign up for rewards card. It wasn't hard at all. The interview process probably took an hour. I was then called 30 mins after the interview that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing at all. They didn't ask us questions individually, since it was a group interview. They really didn't ask questions at all. It seemed they just got the youngest and active people.   Answer Question
    It was my first job so I took it.

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!