Toys ''R'' Us Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.2

118 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Make sure you come dressed to impress and be confident. They will ask you to pick out a toy from the sales floor and ask you to talk about the toy and sell it to them as if they were the customer.

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buckhead, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2014.

took a bit long
    various activities
    sale a item via commercial
    sale an item to the manager
    introduce another interviewee
    introduce yourself
    spend time on the floor
    mingle with other employees
    overall a good interview
    was a group interview
    group of 5

Interview Questions
    • No questions Asked , but hyping up another candidate interviewing for the same job   Answer Question
    Availability, personality

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

There was a group interview were they told you about the company an what the company stood for. they would explain the types of items you would be selling an the add ons. they explained some of the benfits of working there such as the employee discount but they also did role play to see who was comfortable selling as well as who was paying attention. afterwards you would sent down with hiring manger an store manger were they would as you questions about previous jobs held. why you wanted to work there, were did you see your self with the company in 5 years. i was actually a assistant to the hiring manger one year so i was able to few the steps that they did but not all stores follow same questionnaire i guess you could say.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult question to answer was what is your biggest weakness an how are you working on fixing it?   Answer Question
    there wasn't much negotiation i was given just above min wage offer an it was a take or leave it deal.

I applied online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview process was very straight forward and simple. I was just asked to describe myself.

I applied online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

They call or email you and tell you the date they will be having the interview. It's a group interview with people applying for all kinds of positions.

Interview Questions
    • we all had to pick an item to sell from the store and when we got back to the room we ended up switching the item with the person next to us.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview, lego building exercise, selling a toy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Applied Online, got a phone call few days later and it was a group interview. I wasn't aware of it until I got there. There were at least 10 of us and they made us work together as a team and build a toy. It had to be creative and we had to explain what it was and what it did. Then each of us had to get up and pretend to sale an item, insurance for a particular item and sign up for rewards card. It wasn't hard at all. The interview process probably took an hour. I was then called 30 mins after the interview that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing at all. They didn't ask us questions individually, since it was a group interview. They really didn't ask questions at all. It seemed they just got the youngest and active people.   Answer Question
    It was my first job so I took it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interviewed with a supervision and then another supervisor

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had someone difficult to deal with? If so how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2014.

Applied online. Got a phonecall about a week later from the assistant manager. He asked about my availability, then told me to come in two days later for an interview. Got there on time and there were 6 other people, all older than me (around 20-25 but one guy was 37). Another guy came in about 5 minutes late and we started the interview. The last person never showed so they didn't offer him the interview again. It started with us sitting around a table and talking about our experience one at a time. I was the only person there with no prior retail experience. They also asked our favorite toy. Then we moved the table and stood in the center, and the guy had us each "sell" an item we had with us. Make sure to show lots of personality and be a bit humorous, they like that. Then we split up into groups and built something with legos. The most crucial part here is to show a lot of teamwork, bring up ideas for the item you're building, and be very enthusiastic about it. Offer to help your teammates with the part that they're building and encourage all of your teammates to participate. Smile and laugh a lot but also show professional knowledge. The interviewer will be watching you and taking notes. After 15 minutes, one to two members of your team will stand up to explain the item you built. It helps if you volunteer right away to be that person who explains it. The company is looking for someone who's not afraid to do things like that. Afterwards he called in 4 of the people and had them in the back room for a couple minutes before sending them home. They were the less social people who didn't participate in the activities very much, so they didn't get the job. Then we went back one at a time for about 15 minutes each. When I went back he asked me to talk about myself, explain a conflict I had with someone else and how we worked it out, and what strengths I will bring to the company. I stuttered a lot and was very nervous for this part, so I didn't end up getting the job because of my lack of social skills. They're looking for someone who's not anxious at all and very good at explaining things. Two of the nine people who applied ended up getting the job, both were extremely friendly people.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a conflict you've had with someone else and how you worked it out   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in December 2013.

This was my first job interview and it was at a Toys r us express store. The hiring manager contacted me within 4 days. She was really nice and laid back, she asked me if it was my fist job and she asked me to tell her about myself (make sure you stay on topic) It was WAY shorter than what i expected. She only asked about 3 questions. She informed me the store would be closing in January, which was a bummer because it was already december. She only asked about 3-4 questions before asking me to pick a toy and sell it to her,

Interview Questions
    • She asked me to find a toy and sell it too her   View Answer

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!