Toys ''R'' Us

2.0

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2014.

I had one group interview. We had to partner up and convince the hr why they should be hired. We also had to make a toy and try to sell the product . finally we were interviewed individually.

Interview Questions
  • Why should we hire you? What makes you different?   View Answer
Be You!

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in September 2014.

Applied online and was called the next day for an interview. When I went to the store for the interview, a cashier told everyone to walk around and pick out a toy while we wait. When I got to the interview room, we wrote our names on name tags and had to stand up and introduce ourselves with an adjective that matches the first letter of your first name. Then, we were asked to interview the person across from you as to why the company should hire them and stand up and present the info. After, we had to sell our chosen toy to the group as if you were talking to a customer. Then you had to build something out of Legos in groups and have someone stand and explain it. Finally, they called everyone back for one on one questioning. The questions were very simple and short.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the most difficult question they repeatedly asked was if you had any questions for them   Answer Question
    We did not discuss our wages

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in September 2014.

Applied on a Monday for Receiving Specialist and heard back from HR Manager on Tuesday. Was asked to come in for an interview on Thursday. I arrived at the interview early and realized it was a group interview which they had not informed me off. Anyway the interview consisted of introducing yourself, then forming groups and introducing someone else and then selling a product to the managers. When selling the product you needed to be as detailed as possible. Once that was finished then we all went into the room one at a time to speak with the managers and they asked a few last questions.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part was selling the toy simply because some toys are easier to sell then others.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Sales Team Member Interview

applied sunday,HR called monday and interview was thursday. Group interview was easy, made a product out of legos, name a company etc. we also said a trait with the first letter of our name. next was a one on one interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2014.

I applied online on either Sunday or Monday. Got a call from the HR lady on Tuesday. Interview was Thursday. This was for the Times Square location.

There were 8 people there including myself. First we made name tags using an adjective that describes you. The adjective had to start with the same letter as your first name. So I suggest you go in knowing an adjective that you're going to use. We briefly introduced ourselves and explained why we picked that adjective.

After that, we were broken into 3 groups, and had to build a toy out of Legos. We also had to make up a company name, slogan, jingle, the name of the product, the age range, and a special feature. And I'm forgetting something else. We had twenty minutes to do all of this. Make sure that you are actively participating in the group, and that everyone gets a turn to present. It was a very relaxed and laid back environment. I am usually not the most talkative person in social situations, and if I was relaxed, you will be too.

Once everyone had presented, they had us pick an item that you brought with you, (could be anything - I picked Chapstick) and you had to try and sell it to them.

Out of eight people, seven got a 1:1 interview. One guy wore saggy jeans and a t-shirt and still got an interview. (I still don't recommend doing this.) I was first up, so I didn't have a lot of time to get super worked up and nervous. I think I did a lot worse on this part of the interview.

First an HR rep asked me some questions! briefly went outside, and then walked in another woman! head of a specific department. They said they thought I would be briefly suited for that position instead. The interview included questions like "tell me about yourself," "what would you do if this happened," "how long do you want to work here." I stumbled on some words, but I think I did a pretty good job answering their questions. She also gave me a job description and asked about my availability. The only part I didn't like was when the second woman asked me how old I am. I'm 17, but will be 18 in a week. She said, and I quote, "I wouldn't put you past two." Yes, I know I look young, but I definitely do not look two. 13, yeah. I thought that was a little rude of her. Anyway, she walked out and the first HR woman came in a minute afterwards. She told me that they will have to wait until I turn 18, then they can run a background check, and will call me once they do. I was offered the job.

Overall, the interview was very relaxed and informal. I wore black pants and a grey blouse.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place. They pay $8.50 and hour and I'm fine with that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clive, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clive, IA

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2014.

I applied online for this job and got a call a week later to come in for an interview. It was a group interview and we all had a few minutes to look at the toys in the store to pick out our favorite. The guy asked us our experience, where we wanted to work, and what we would bring to the store. Don't sit on the edge of the table because there's a good chance they'll start all the questions with you like they did with me and you then have to think on the spot. We then waited in the break room while the guy interviewed us all one on one. If you're one of the last few to go, that's a good thing. I was the last and he just gave me specific situations to respond to and told me my payrate and what would happen next since I was hired, which was a background check. I haven't yet started because my background check took a month because of social security number problems and I already started working at my local movie theatre and I still need to quit this job.

Interview Questions
    • Making up interview questions for the partner you have during it. You then have to read them out loud and basically sell your partner to the manager.   View Answer
    Negotiation was during one on one interview, have yet to either accept/decline job itself. Pay rate was $8.15/per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Pretty straight forward questions. They pretty much hire any and everybody. Which can be a good or bad thing. You have to deal with the stupidity or incompetence of your peers.

Nothing

Sales Team Member Interview

There was one other person who was also applying there. We first had to build a Lego structure and then we had to name. Then we had to pick a toy and market it. Then, we each had a 1 on 1 interview and that was the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the most demanding person you know and how do you meet their needs?   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in June 2014.

I applied online through Toys R Us. Then I got a call about a week and a half later saying that I should come in for a group interview. I went in and it was only myself and another female. In the break room is where the interview took place. It was the 2 of us appliers and then the store manager and HR guy. We introduced ourself and said our favorite toy. The first activity was we had to sell the managers on why the OTHER person deserved to be hired. Next we were asked to go out into the store and pick a toy to sell to them. After that the manager just told us more about the company and the roles we would have to do. We weren't taken aside individually, they just told us on the spot they liked us and we were hired. Dress code and orientation instructions followed and then we could leave. It was honestly fun and chill. I stressed out about it for no reason, it was great.

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online and received an email stating I was not needed later that week. Received a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview the next week. The interview process was not difficult; I arrived on time and we waited about 10 minutes for others to arrive. We went to the back for the interview to be conducted after being told to pick a toy from the sales floor.

Interview Questions
    • Building a toy with interview group and attempting to sell it   Answer Question