Toys ''R'' Us Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2012.

Interview took about 1 hour and a half. They asked your name then describe yourself the first initial of your first name. Then they asked you to go pick a toy from the sales floor and sell it to them first you had to say "what can I help you find today?" Then you had to make something with Legos and tell them how you contribute to the group. Finally they took you to their office for a one on one interview. They ask you if you have any questions and do you have any experience.

Interview Questions
  • If I give you a job offer right now would you take it?   View Answer
There was no negotiation. 7.50 to seasonal people.

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2012.

It was the end of October and they were hiring Seasonal Cashiers and Sales Associates. I applied online and got a call to come in for a group interview the next day. There were about 8 other prospective employees in the group interview and they had 2 managers overlooking the process.

First of we all had to introduce ourselves briefly and why we were looking to work here. We were then split into two groups; first we had to make some kind of toy out of a pile of lego's we were given and had to explain what it was, what it was supposed to do, basically sell it to the managers. After this, they had a pile of actual toys; each of us had to pick one and sell it (make sure to mention if it takes batteries or not, what the age limit is for the toy, etc).

Finally, we had to sit around for an hour as people got called in for a personal interview one by one. When I got called in it was mostly basic interview questions. "What would your previous employer say you were strong at?", "Tell us about a time you had to solve an unusual issue and how you did it?" Honestly it was a pretty easy interview over all in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • None of it was really hard, but the hardest part was probably the personal interview questions where you had to think of situations where you've had to fix an issue or act as a leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in September 2012.

I was asked a few questions on the phone about my availability from the manager and he shared some information about the working environment during the holidays.

Afterwards, I was brought in for a panel interview where we had to introduce ourselves in the form of a cartoon character. This was fairly easy for me since I have a strong acting background. Next we were paired up and had to interview each other, then sell our partner to the HR Manager based on what we had learned from each other. The store manager came by and told us some information about himself and the store. The last activity we did was try to make a commercial from the toy we picked and sell it to the HR Manager. She was very impressed with my commercial because I made a note of any choking hazard warnings on the toy as well as the age range it is recommended for in my commercial. At the end of the commercial, we were brought in for 1 on 1s with the HR Manager and the Store Manager and they told me they would call me in a few days. I ended up getting offered the job today.

It was definitely a fun process overall, and it was structured that way because they wanted to hire based on your personality.

Interview Questions
    • The manager was hoping one of the candidates would have asked someone to describe a time in which he/she had to meet a sales goal, but I will make a note of that for future reference.   Answer Question
    It was a non-negotiable 8.50 an hour.