Toys ''R'' Us

Toys ''R'' Us Store Manager Interview Questions

2.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview with a recruiter, than DM, than HR Director/Regional VP. Overall a very smooth process that took about a month. Very professional, and overall a very good experience. My expereince may not be the same as someone elses. It really depends on the people who interview you.

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview process is pretty easy. The company has pretty low expectations and hardly ever turns anyone down. In fact, during my interview, we stopped because the district manager said that I sounded like I wrote the questions that he was asking me. The interview was very awkward because the district manager sat on the desk the whole time over me- like an intimidation move.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions- I was asked if I wrote the interview questions. They are all behavioral based- like Wal-Mart and Target. In fact, an exec from Target wrote the Toys R Us interview packets. They all start with "tell me about a time, or describe when" pretty remedial and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2013.

Interviewed with five people, two phone calls and three different locations in three cities within five days of applying online. This includes two HR, two DM, and the VP. Behavioral and situational questions will be asked by all five people. After the last interview, all five will compare notes for consistency.

I gave them a $5,000 range from looking at Glass door salaries. They gave me what I asked for. I believe I could I gotten more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2012.

Had phone interview with a recruiter, then interviewed in person with regional hr mgr, and then ultimately with regional mgr.
    questions were pretty standard and they were clearly trying to get a sense of who you were.
    They spent a LOT of selling me on who Toys R Us supposedly was and how they wanted someone with my experience somewhere else to help them take TRU to another level (I later figured out they don't want any input because they feel like they know everything).

Interview Questions
    They clearly had thought through what they needed to offer, but my suggestion would be to ignore the bonus "potential" they will spend a lot of time talking about because it's unlikely you will make it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2009.

A bit extensive interview. On grounds interview inside store near North Star Mall. Poor Presentation of Store Manager and Assistant Manager. District Manager was a complete mess as it looks like his hair had been blasted under a sunroof of a corvette. Other than that. Easy interview. We spent time talking about his past days with Home Depot rather than with Babies R Us.

One question was, if you walked into a store and saw me breastfeeding on one of these glider rockers, what would you say to me? - Though strange question, I cared not to overshadow the rather common issue or experience one may have in a baby store.

Interview Questions
    • If you I was breastfeeding my baby on one of these glider rockers here, what would you walk up to me and say?   View Answer
    • How would you describe your last boss?   View Answer
    Negotiiation phase was rather odd. District Manager called me up and congratulated my interview performance and then offered me a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in September 2008.

I interviewed with the DM of the area. He asked basic questions from a standard book of questions. Nothing surprising just the usual sfuff.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in March 2012.

I was scheduled for an interview with the HR, but it turned out to be a panel interview with the HR, DM and regional. They took turns asking questions. Everyone was quite polite, listened thoroughly and asked follow up questions. Their questions were well thought out. The interview started with them asking me about myself and I was given 10 minutesto talk about whatever I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to discipline an employee   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in March 2011.

Phone interview. Pretty standard stuff. "tell me about your backround"

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2010.

The process strarted of with the Recruiter than the Panel interview of 4 individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you want to work for Toys R US?   View Answer
    Had to negotiate a higher salary to work there.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2009.

first was a series of group interview, about 5 to be exact. then they picked the 5 best candidates and conducted a panel interview. after that i was chosen to continue and had to do a presentation.later i had a 1 on 1 interview and the last step was the phone interview where i got my offer.

Interview Questions
    • name me on your daily routine the top three things that you do and the three things that are not must important on your daily routine.   Answer Question