Toys ''R'' Us

Updated Dec 5, 2014

1.9

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview was interesting, they want you to build something out of Legos and pretend you're selling it to them, then they want you to go to the sales floor and pick any toy and pretend you're selling that to them, they just ask you features about the toy, then they take you to the back room and ask a few simple questions.. That's about it.

Interview Questions
  • They ask, what would I do if there is a spill on the floor and a customer need help at the check out line   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2014.

Pretty easy group interview then one on one with either the store manager or just the human resource person. They just want to make sure you are well aware of the products they sell, and how you present yourself to them.

Interview Questions
    The hardest part is to stand out in the group interview.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Filled out application in season and was called back in a couple of days. Some people in my group were wearing t shirts and jeans, they did not get hired. Interview consists of group setting with many questions about previous work experiences and situations eg "Tell me about a time you had to deal with a disgruntled customer." Had to go to the sales floor and pick an item to sell to the interviewer. Afterwards the general manager calls you one by one into another room to ask you many of the same questions you just answered to the interviewing manager. Offered me a job and did the background check, heard back in 2 weeks and began work.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to sell an item and don't pick something you cannot talk at length about.   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Process took several weeks. Spoke with the Store Manager and was encouraged to apply. Online application includes a personality assessment to weed out the riff-raff. Called the hiring manager every now and then to check on the status of application. Was eventually invited to a group interview event, which was pretty entertaining. Activities include picking a toy of your choice to pitch to your fellow interviewees, building a small toy out of Lego blocks and selling it to the group, and interviewing each other with general questions. Each person was taken one-by-one for a private interview with the hiring manager and a second manager-on-duty. Basic interview questions were asked, along with a few personal questions. Fairly easy and laid-back.

Two days later was called and offered a job. After the background check cleared (another week later), was called in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much a question, but rather the task of taking an unfamiliar toy, studying it for a few minutes, and then trying to sell it to the entire interview group.   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Group Interview,
    One on One with store manager

None

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2013.

Alright, how ya doing? So I did the application online and the next week they called me in for an interview for the next week. my interview WAS NOT a group interview, possibly because this Toys R Us was an outlet and not a full store. So I went there and the interviewer took me into a back room, had me sit on a chair while she stood at the door, asking me questions just about the work itself, making sure I knew this as a fast pace enviorment in a store that was frequented by people from around the world.due to this she asked me if Iknew another language. she said she had to talk with the other manager to make he final decision. hoping i got this jb because it looks like alot of challenge, ,constant work, and great fun. Send a Thank You Note to your interviewer~!

None

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2013.

Applied online and got a call for a group interview within a week. About 13 people being interviewed at the same time: asked us to introduce ourselves, sell a toy to the group, etc. Then short individual one on ones.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the most demanding person in your life and why?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in June 2013.

Got a call about 3 weeks after I submitted my application. HR asked me the required phone screening questions, which I made it through. We then set up a day for the interview--within the same week. He told me it would be a group interview. The day of the interview, I was accompanied by 4 or 5 more candidates. We watched videos, went over some store guidlines and were then presented with toys which we would have to present to the group in a semi-role play scenario. We then walked around the store for a tour, and after met individually with the MOD, who was very friendly. They let me know they would call me within the day.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question...but when prompted to present a toy I knew nothing about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Application is filled out online, after that the application sit around for up to 90 days in the Toys R Us system until a position opens, when one does the HR Representative will only call in people for interviews who passed the "morality" section of the application, which is basically a test to see if you fit the company culture. Once they call you, you have one interview at which point the manager and the HR Rep will decide together who to hire. Generally, outside of seasonal employees, it is not what you know or your experience, but who you know. Nepotism is a common practice, which ends up being pretty detrimental to the work environment.

Interview Questions
    • None, very relaxed interview, it's a minimum wage job, they basically just want to see if you are a person who would fit in and that you didn't lie on your application.   Answer Question
    Its a minimum wage job, there is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2012.

Applied online and was called in for a group interview about four days later. After the group interview was individual ones, so the entire process took over three hours. We were asked to interview and introduce the person next to us, and then select a toy from off the shelves try to sell it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. $8.30, take it or leave it.