Tractor Supply Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

3.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clio, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clio, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Tractor Supply in April 2014.

Applied online, received a phone call from store manager requesting an interview. Interview process consisted of questions pertaining to work history, company history, and familiarity with Profit and Loss reports. I was told I would be notified in a week if moving onto the next step, interview with DM.

Interview Questions
  • How do you make a co-worker feel special?
    What percentage of your Profit and Loss is attributed to labor?
    Describe a time when you used Profit and Loss to solve a problem.
    Describe a time when you handled a disgruntled customer.
    What do you know about Tractor Supply?
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tractor Supply

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in April 2014.

Very detailed interview process. They live by their motto "Interview hard, manage easy!". Entire process consisted of 5 total interviews, first you are screened by a recruiter, then passed down to a SM for the initial phone interview, which is really just a meet and greet to set up the first in person interview. The first interview is where the meat and potatoes start to show, they'll ask you about your qualifications, experience, and then a series of scenario questions. After that, was sent to another SM for a less formal session, but be prepared for more scenario/role playing questions. If you make it through all that, you'll sit with an area manager for more experience related questions. Finally, a phone interview from another DM which was basically just a recap of the others.

No negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Applied and interviewed first with the DM then did an interview with a recruiter. No surprise questions. I like the fact they hire people that live the lifestyle.

Interview Questions
    • No surprises, as I said it is nice they look for people who live the Out Here Lifestyle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bernalillo, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bernalillo, NM

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Tractor Supply in May 2013.

The interview process was much as others here have already detailed it; there is an initial phone interview followed by a two person panel interview.The phone interview asks you a lot of standard interview questions such as situations you've been in previously, your overall experience, and what you're looking for in a job. After that I sat down with the district and store manager and was asked similar questions about my current job and past experiences. Once you receive an offer of employment they have a very convenient online portal for filling out paperwork and downloading a copy of their employee handbook.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us what you know about Tractor Supply?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Store manager is very rude and hateful to all customers and during interview process.First off called me a lier saying the interview was at 1:30 but she clearly told me 1:00. Kept glancing at store security monitor and talking to other person setting in on interview about what store employees were doing. Seemed intimidated by my background, education and experience. The manager does not know what a smile is or did she understand any of my answers to the questions which where all agriculture related. The whole interview process shows me the manager has zero people skills, absolutely no agriculture background and does not belong in this type of retail store.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were irrelevant about working at Tractor Supply   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Commerce, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tractor Supply in January 2013.

The interviewing process was over them phone, its lasted around an 30-45 minutes. The district manager seemed distracted while interviewing, I would think you would/could make time to fully focus on my answers as much as possible.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a difficult interview just rather aggravating listening to her yell and instruct others while interviewing me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in December 2012.

Interviewed with recruiter by phone, then interviewed with store manager in person, and my last interview was with the district manager in person.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was from the recruiter about my knowledge of a P&L.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lockport, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tractor Supply in January 2012.

Interviewed by a panel of 4. All stone faced. Stressful from the start. Asked a series of routine questions, eg: Your greatest accomplishment, etc. and some bizarre questions like, how would you handle an employee that didn't talk much, and what would people say about you at your funeral.
    Two of the panel members said nothing and took notes throughout the 45 minute interview.
    I was not offered the position, and frankly, I'm relieved.

Interview Questions
    • What would people say about you at your funeral?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anniston, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anniston, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in June 2011.

Applied online got a call 2 weeks later to schedule interview for that day. Interview was about an hour and was straightforward with what they wanted and expected. Asked questions in regards to experience and skills. Discussed pay and work schedule. Told me he liked me and next step was interview with dm in the mean time he would call my references and let me know asap.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer? What did you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ukiah, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ukiah, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Tractor Supply in August 2010.

I was probably interviewed four,or five times. You will be asked many of the same questions time and time again. You will meet with the store manager, other Assistant Managers, and the District Manager. I was also asked if I was willing to do a discreet walk through ant my former place of employment with the SM, and DM. I was willing, but it never happened. I thought this was odd? Be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me how to assemble these Lawn Tractors?   View Answer
    There was none.

Worked for Tractor Supply? Contribute to the Community!