Tractor Supply Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.6

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

Contacted by recruiter that found resume on job board. After initial interview I had 2nd interview with a store manager, 3rd interview with a district manager, and 4th interview with another district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were asked to do something against your beliefs?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with employee conflict?
        View Answer
    I did negotiate and we ended up in the middle of their initial offer and what I requested.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tractor Supply in September 2014.

Applied online got a call from the store manager within a week for an interview date and time. Interviewed with the store manager and the DM at the same time. Was offered the job the following week

Interview Questions
    Offer was fair so I accepted it. In today's job market you need to be thankful for even getting offered a job let alone a job that provides paid vacation and medical benefits and Yes Full Time with Christmas, thanksgiving, Easter and New Hears day off.

Corporate Loss Prevention Investigator II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

The process began with an initial interview with a Recruiter. About a week later I was set up with two face to face interviews at the Corporate Office in Brentwood, TN with the hiring manager and another department head.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult, mainly questing related to partnerships, past experience (Tell me about a time when...) and communication.   Answer Question
    N/A

Receiver Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tractor Supply in August 2014.

Very informative interview with manager. Manager was very positive about the company philosophy and growth and potential for advancement in the future. Manager asked good questions relevant to the job and was friendly.

Interview Questions
    • when had I experienced discomfort following direction of superior   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bennett, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bennett, CO

I applied through other source – interviewed at Tractor Supply in July 2014.

Getting an interview was hard as hell. Once I did, the manager of the store flat out lied to me about how they promote, chose employees, wages. I have a frined whom he did hire and told her exactly the opposite of what he told me. I am more than qualified so my conclusion was that he saw me as a threat to his position.

Interview Questions

They offered me $3.00 less an hour than waht they offered other people with much less experience.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tractor Supply in July 2014.

Have had two interviews thus far, still waiting to hear back. I was informed that I would hear someting the following week, it has been over a week now and Im still waiting to hear, would be nice to hear back either way. also I am not even sure what positon I was being interviewed for?

Interview Questions
    • there were muliple questions in which I have never experienced the senerio described, so I was unable to answer how I handled it,   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

We talked on the phone for about ten minutes and about a half hour interview I was sent for a drug test watched training videos for 4 hrs and that was it

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply in June 2014.

Applied online. Got a call 2 weeks later. Went in for interview. Was asked normal interview questions. Was hired on spot. Able to contemplate for couple days before accepting. Dressed professional but not a suit and not jeans.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate a little.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

Application must be filled out on-line.
    Phone interview was from a script, most of in person interview was also scripted.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions, if you have any work experience you can answer the questions intelligently.   Answer Question
    This is what it pays, take it or leave it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply in April 2014.

Very detailed interview process. They live by their motto "Interview hard, manage easy!". Entire process consisted of 5 total interviews, first you are screened by a recruiter, then passed down to a SM for the initial phone interview, which is really just a meet and greet to set up the first in person interview. The first interview is where the meat and potatoes start to show, they'll ask you about your qualifications, experience, and then a series of scenario questions. After that, was sent to another SM for a less formal session, but be prepared for more scenario/role playing questions. If you make it through all that, you'll sit with an area manager for more experience related questions. Finally, a phone interview from another DM which was basically just a recap of the others.

No negotiation.