Tractor Supply

Updated Feb 6, 2015
Updated Feb 6, 2015

2.6

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tractor Supply.

I was interviewed by other store managers first. The next interviews were with district managers. The final interview was with a regional vice president. Overall I believed the process to be fair. I would have liked to spend more time discussing their expectations and less time on my opinions as they related to the running of the store.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me my thoughts on dishonest team members.   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply in January 2015.

I applied online and was contacted by the manager to set up an interview. Once I completed this interview they told me they would get back to me in two days. Two days came and went, I called to check on the progress and they assistant manager then told me she forgot to call me to schedule an interview with her. After the interview with her I was told I had the job but to wait for the manager to call and confirm that the job was mine. He was supposed to call by Monday (it was Thursday) Monday came and went, so again I called. They all played dumb as to who I was, they said "we have no record of ever interviewing you". Two days later they called me, used the SAME name I used to identify myself to them when I called, and told me they needed a third interview. I politely declined.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions, instead it was a general conversation. Nothing in depth or hard.   Answer Question

The managers dragged the process out and then said they had no record of interviewing me, a day or so following they called back and knew exactly who I was and needed a third interview. They played games. Very unprofessional

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Tractor Supply in January 2015.

Standard process after applying. Received an email about an initial interview. Fairly straight forward questions. Ensure u have working knowlegde about the company and core beliefs prior to interview. The stumbling block is low base pay with potential bonus. I have too much experience to drop that low. However, I can see where the bonus might up for it. Unfortunately, we all know how bonuses can be impossible to obtain;) I do think they would be fun to work for and pay isn't everything.

Interview Questions
    • How do use the P&L within ur current store? How do u control shrink? How do u develop ur team? How do u drive sales?   Answer Question

Team Member, Orderfill, Receiver, Letdown/Putaway Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendleton, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendleton, IN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

Had to go through temporary agency at first so no interview. Basically they watched me at my job for 3 months and made a decision to hire, but now they hire direct.

there was none.

Store Manager Interview

I was interviewed at a job fair. It had been prearranged as I had worked for the DM at a previous employer. The questions were very basic and most were situation based.

Assistant Manager Interview

Very straight corward. Called manager and set up appointment for the next day. Most questions Re based o. Team building and k owledge of animals and products

DC Material Handler Interview

Was originally hired through a temp agency. After a couple months of perfect attendence and 100% productivity rating, I was asked to interview for a permanant position. If you plan to be hired this way, be sure you are always on time and never call off unexpectedly. It is best to not even ask for time off during a temp position. Once you are hired, the company has great benefits and paid time off.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected or difficult questions. Interviewed in work clothes before shift (Shorts and t-shirt...   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

Contacted by recruiter that found resume on job board. After initial interview I had 2nd interview with a store manager, 3rd interview with a district manager, and 4th interview with another district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were asked to do something against your beliefs?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with employee conflict?

View Answer
    I did negotiate and we ended up in the middle of their initial offer and what I requested.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tractor Supply in October 2014.

contacted by staffing agency for Initial screen interview at local hotel for HR Manager position. Was told process would take weeks and asked recruiter for feedback but never heard anything either way. Company expanding adding 250 jobs

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tractor Supply in September 2014.

Applied online got a call from the store manager within a week for an interview date and time. Interviewed with the store manager and the DM at the same time. Was offered the job the following week

Interview Questions
    Offer was fair so I accepted it. In today's job market you need to be thankful for even getting offered a job let alone a job that provides paid vacation and medical benefits and Yes Full Time with Christmas, thanksgiving, Easter and New Hears day off.