Tractor Supply

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Little Rock, AR

I interviewed at Tractor Supply in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very detailed process, usually two or more interviews plus a recruiter interview. Several questions about background and previous experience. Several role playing questions asking how you would react in multiple scenarios. Questions regarding your knowledge of processes and reports associated with running a retail business.

Interview Question – Square footage of previous location. Just unusual.   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview Details – Several Store Manager positions were posted in the area. I applied for the two closest to my home. Was contacted by a Corporate recruiter before the holidays, and called him right back. I left him voice mails , as wells E mails. He got back to me two weeks later.
He told me that the two jobs I applied for were already filled, as those two stores were not built as yet.( ? ) He was not certain when they would be built. He asked me if I would be interested in a store that was being built about 100 miles from my home, that was scheduled to open in late 2014. I told him yes. He then told me he would send my resume to the DM for review. You get the picture. Tractor Supply is another of a long list of companies that post jobs that don't actually exist to get funding by the Government for creating jobs.
Two weeks later, I was contacted by a DM located 400 miles from my home for an interview 300 miles away with a few hours notice. I e mailed him back to tell him that I had secured other employment. Within two hours I received an e mail from the original recruiter that I was not suitable for their Company. (?). Obviously , when I informed them that I had other employment, they formally rejected me so they could submit my name to the government as a failed candidate so they could get paid.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. Got the third degree on why i left my previous employer.   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in September 2010.

Interview Details – There was four interviews total.It started with two phone interviews with a TSC recruiter. The first one to tell you about the company and ask me to do research to learn about TSC. The second was all questions to qualify to go to the next step.The next interview is with a District Manager, not from your district.The final interview will be with your direct District Manager.

Interview Question – How much are you suppose to save on payroll weekly?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It wasn't bad, they look at your experience and offer you a salary. It was a fair offer for someone who didn't work there before.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in December 2013.

Interview Details – got a reply via email from a recruiter saying how excited they were to talk to me about my application since i had 15 yrs running a very reputable grocery store in southern California. 2 weeks later still no call or reply.

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview Details – Called from a recruiter. She was impressed. Set up a conversation with DM. Call went well. Met in person. Very unprofessional. Constant interruptions. DM set up interview with another DM. No call back for weeks. I had to continue to call for follow up. The recruiter went on vacation. The person she left to answer her calls never returned my call. The DM went on vacation. Said I slipped through the cracks. Very poor follow up all around. This was one of the most unprofessional experience in my working career.

Interview Question – What do you know about Tractor Supply   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They were not willing to budge. That should have been an indication of what I was getting into right there.

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Tractor Supply in June 2009.

Interview Details – the did a interview at a hotel and asked basic question ,the DM was hitting on the recruiter from Nashville the whole time .It was very rude . I was totally shocked and I figure that is was he left after I started with them

Interview Question – Not enough labor in the store to help customer . You would be running around like a chicken with your head cut off.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Dalhart, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tractor Supply in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through Linkedin after contacting the VP of HR. He put me in contact with the regional recruiter. This process only took about a week. I had a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. I would hope the company had more energy than the recruiter. When I asked questions of the interviewer, he gave me quick nonsensical answers and laughed at one of my questions. I asked at the end if he felt I was a good fit for the position and he replied he was not allowed to give any feedback? I have interviewed for several companies and never have I had this answer.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Gonzales, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in September 2010.

Interview Details – 3 part interview. 1st with a company HR Recuriter, local hiring DM, additional DM.

Interview Question – How often do you make mistakes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Sent me a fair offer the initial offer so the was no negotiation.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview Details – Tractor supply likes to promote from within

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in March 2013.

Interview Details – After applying I was contacted by email requesting a phone interview to follow. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview which took place after several weeks of waiting. The phone interview was basic questions about my qualifications and experiences. Was contacted following the phone interview requesting I meet with a district manager. Waiting now to for the regional manager to contact me for the next steps....

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected....Why Tractor supply ??   Answer Question

Worked for Tractor Supply? Contribute to the Community!