Tractor Supply Store Manager Interview Questions

2.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in March 2010.

Usually online application, then up to 5 interviews by upper managers, DM's and RVP"s. If accepted then drug test and background check is next. Upon successful acceptance then you're scheduled to work and nearest location for up to 1 year. After testing, If appointed manager, then 1 year site contract to cover relocation expenses is required. If you leave early for any reason you must pay back moving expenses back.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to relocate?   View Answer
  • Explain experience and/or background and why you would make a good manager. Do you have F& R retail background?   View Answer
  • What do you know about TSC?   View Answer
Offer is usually low and recommend to negotiate with cost of living being major concern. If accepted it is difficult to get increase for 1st year regardless of situation.

Other Interview Reviews for Tractor Supply

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

interviewed at Tractor Supply in November 2012.

Very detailed process, usually two or more interviews plus a recruiter interview. Several questions about background and previous experience. Several role playing questions asking how you would react in multiple scenarios. Questions regarding your knowledge of processes and reports associated with running a retail business.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Several Store Manager positions were posted in the area. I applied for the two closest to my home. Was contacted by a Corporate recruiter before the holidays, and called him right back. I left him voice mails , as wells E mails. He got back to me two weeks later.
    He told me that the two jobs I applied for were already filled, as those two stores were not built as yet.( ? ) He was not certain when they would be built. He asked me if I would be interested in a store that was being built about 100 miles from my home, that was scheduled to open in late 2014. I told him yes. He then told me he would send my resume to the DM for review. You get the picture. Tractor Supply is another of a long list of companies that post jobs that don't actually exist to get funding by the Government for creating jobs.
    Two weeks later, I was contacted by a DM located 400 miles from my home for an interview 300 miles away with a few hours notice. I e mailed him back to tell him that I had secured other employment. Within two hours I received an e mail from the original recruiter that I was not suitable for their Company. (?). Obviously , when I informed them that I had other employment, they formally rejected me so they could submit my name to the government as a failed candidate so they could get paid.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Got the third degree on why i left my previous employer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in September 2010.

There was four interviews total.It started with two phone interviews with a TSC recruiter. The first one to tell you about the company and ask me to do research to learn about TSC. The second was all questions to qualify to go to the next step.The next interview is with a District Manager, not from your district.The final interview will be with your direct District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • How much are you suppose to save on payroll weekly?   View Answer
    It wasn't bad, they look at your experience and offer you a salary. It was a fair offer for someone who didn't work there before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in December 2013.

got a reply via email from a recruiter saying how excited they were to talk to me about my application since i had 15 yrs running a very reputable grocery store in southern California. 2 weeks later still no call or reply.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Called from a recruiter. She was impressed. Set up a conversation with DM. Call went well. Met in person. Very unprofessional. Constant interruptions. DM set up interview with another DM. No call back for weeks. I had to continue to call for follow up. The recruiter went on vacation. The person she left to answer her calls never returned my call. The DM went on vacation. Said I slipped through the cracks. Very poor follow up all around. This was one of the most unprofessional experience in my working career.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They were not willing to budge. That should have been an indication of what I was getting into right there.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tractor Supply in June 2009.

the did a interview at a hotel and asked basic question ,the DM was hitting on the recruiter from Nashville the whole time .It was very rude . I was totally shocked and I figure that is was he left after I started with them

Interview Questions
    • Not enough labor in the store to help customer . You would be running around like a chicken with your head cut off.   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dalhart, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalhart, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tractor Supply in June 2013.

I applied through Linkedin after contacting the VP of HR. He put me in contact with the regional recruiter. This process only took about a week. I had a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. I would hope the company had more energy than the recruiter. When I asked questions of the interviewer, he gave me quick nonsensical answers and laughed at one of my questions. I asked at the end if he felt I was a good fit for the position and he replied he was not allowed to give any feedback? I have interviewed for several companies and never have I had this answer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gonzales, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gonzales, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply in September 2010.

3 part interview. 1st with a company HR Recuriter, local hiring DM, additional DM.

Interview Questions
    Sent me a fair offer the initial offer so the was no negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Tractor supply likes to promote from within

Worked for Tractor Supply? Contribute to the Community!