Tractor Supply Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.7

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Tractor Supply in January 2015.

Interview

Standard process after applying. Received an email about an initial interview. Fairly straight forward questions. Ensure u have working knowlegde about the company and core beliefs prior to interview. The stumbling block is low base pay with potential bonus. I have too much experience to drop that low. However, I can see where the bonus might up for it. Unfortunately, we all know how bonuses can be impossible to obtain;) I do think they would be fun to work for and pay isn't everything.

Interview Questions

• How do use the P&L within ur current store? How do u control shrink? How do u develop ur team? How do u drive sales?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tractor Supply

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I was interviewed at a job fair. It had been prearranged as I had worked for the DM at a previous employer. The questions were very basic and most were situation based.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter that found resume on job board. After initial interview I had 2nd interview with a store manager, 3rd interview with a district manager, and 4th interview with another district manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something against your beliefs?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with employee conflict?

1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate and we ended up in the middle of their initial offer and what I requested.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Several Store Manager positions were posted in the area. I applied for the two closest to my home. Was contacted by a Corporate recruiter before the holidays, and called him right back. I left him voice mails , as wells E mails. He got back to me two weeks later.
    He told me that the two jobs I applied for were already filled, as those two stores were not built as yet.( ? ) He was not certain when they would be built. He asked me if I would be interested in a store that was being built about 100 miles from my home, that was scheduled to open in late 2014. I told him yes. He then told me he would send my resume to the DM for review. You get the picture. Tractor Supply is another of a long list of companies that post jobs that don't actually exist to get funding by the Government for creating jobs.
    Two weeks later, I was contacted by a DM located 400 miles from my home for an interview 300 miles away with a few hours notice. I e mailed him back to tell him that I had secured other employment. Within two hours I received an e mail from the original recruiter that I was not suitable for their Company. (?). Obviously , when I informed them that I had other employment, they formally rejected me so they could submit my name to the government as a failed candidate so they could get paid.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Got the third degree on why i left my previous employer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Called from a recruiter. She was impressed. Set up a conversation with DM. Call went well. Met in person. Very unprofessional. Constant interruptions. DM set up interview with another DM. No call back for weeks. I had to continue to call for follow up. The recruiter went on vacation. The person she left to answer her calls never returned my call. The DM went on vacation. Said I slipped through the cracks. Very poor follow up all around. This was one of the most unprofessional experience in my working career.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They were not willing to budge. That should have been an indication of what I was getting into right there.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply (San Jose, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

got a reply via email from a recruiter saying how excited they were to talk to me about my application since i had 15 yrs running a very reputable grocery store in southern California. 2 weeks later still no call or reply.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tractor Supply (Dalhart, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied through Linkedin after contacting the VP of HR. He put me in contact with the regional recruiter. This process only took about a week. I had a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. I would hope the company had more energy than the recruiter. When I asked questions of the interviewer, he gave me quick nonsensical answers and laughed at one of my questions. I asked at the end if he felt I was a good fit for the position and he replied he was not allowed to give any feedback? I have interviewed for several companies and never have I had this answer.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Tractor supply likes to promote from within

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply in March 2013.

Interview

After applying I was contacted by email requesting a phone interview to follow. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview which took place after several weeks of waiting. The phone interview was basic questions about my qualifications and experiences. Was contacted following the phone interview requesting I meet with a district manager. Waiting now to for the regional manager to contact me for the next steps....

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply in December 2012.

Interview

Submitted online application for store manager position along with my résumé and received an email from their corporate HR Dept. to schedule a phone interview. After confirming an agreeable time had phone interview. Plan to be relaxed and in a comfortable location that is quiet as it will be a 30 - 45 min discussion. Answered about 30 questions dealing with personal and professional issues. In the end I got passed to a second interview with their District Manager in the area. If this is successful we will meet for a face to face interview before a job offer is made.

Interview Questions

Better pay from another company