Tractor Supply

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I was interviewed at a job fair. It had been prearranged as I had worked for the DM at a previous employer. The questions were very basic and most were situation based.

Other Interview Reviews for Tractor Supply

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

Contacted by recruiter that found resume on job board. After initial interview I had 2nd interview with a store manager, 3rd interview with a district manager, and 4th interview with another district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were asked to do something against your beliefs?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with employee conflict?

View Answer
    I did negotiate and we ended up in the middle of their initial offer and what I requested.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

Several Store Manager positions were posted in the area. I applied for the two closest to my home. Was contacted by a Corporate recruiter before the holidays, and called him right back. I left him voice mails , as wells E mails. He got back to me two weeks later.
    He told me that the two jobs I applied for were already filled, as those two stores were not built as yet.( ? ) He was not certain when they would be built. He asked me if I would be interested in a store that was being built about 100 miles from my home, that was scheduled to open in late 2014. I told him yes. He then told me he would send my resume to the DM for review. You get the picture. Tractor Supply is another of a long list of companies that post jobs that don't actually exist to get funding by the Government for creating jobs.
    Two weeks later, I was contacted by a DM located 400 miles from my home for an interview 300 miles away with a few hours notice. I e mailed him back to tell him that I had secured other employment. Within two hours I received an e mail from the original recruiter that I was not suitable for their Company. (?). Obviously , when I informed them that I had other employment, they formally rejected me so they could submit my name to the government as a failed candidate so they could get paid.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Got the third degree on why i left my previous employer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Called from a recruiter. She was impressed. Set up a conversation with DM. Call went well. Met in person. Very unprofessional. Constant interruptions. DM set up interview with another DM. No call back for weeks. I had to continue to call for follow up. The recruiter went on vacation. The person she left to answer her calls never returned my call. The DM went on vacation. Said I slipped through the cracks. Very poor follow up all around. This was one of the most unprofessional experience in my working career.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They were not willing to budge. That should have been an indication of what I was getting into right there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply in December 2013.

got a reply via email from a recruiter saying how excited they were to talk to me about my application since i had 15 yrs running a very reputable grocery store in southern California. 2 weeks later still no call or reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalhart, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalhart, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tractor Supply in June 2013.

I applied through Linkedin after contacting the VP of HR. He put me in contact with the regional recruiter. This process only took about a week. I had a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. I would hope the company had more energy than the recruiter. When I asked questions of the interviewer, he gave me quick nonsensical answers and laughed at one of my questions. I asked at the end if he felt I was a good fit for the position and he replied he was not allowed to give any feedback? I have interviewed for several companies and never have I had this answer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply.

Tractor supply likes to promote from within

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply in March 2013.

After applying I was contacted by email requesting a phone interview to follow. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview which took place after several weeks of waiting. The phone interview was basic questions about my qualifications and experiences. Was contacted following the phone interview requesting I meet with a district manager. Waiting now to for the regional manager to contact me for the next steps....

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tractor Supply in December 2012.

Submitted online application for store manager position along with my résumé and received an email from their corporate HR Dept. to schedule a phone interview. After confirming an agreeable time had phone interview. Plan to be relaxed and in a comfortable location that is quiet as it will be a 30 - 45 min discussion. Answered about 30 questions dealing with personal and professional issues. In the end I got passed to a second interview with their District Manager in the area. If this is successful we will meet for a face to face interview before a job offer is made.

Interview Questions

Better pay from another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

interviewed at Tractor Supply in November 2012.

Very detailed process, usually two or more interviews plus a recruiter interview. Several questions about background and previous experience. Several role playing questions asking how you would react in multiple scenarios. Questions regarding your knowledge of processes and reports associated with running a retail business.