TracyLocke Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.6

Account Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TracyLocke (Bloomington, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I was in school so I performed a Skype interview. I interviewed by several different members of the account service team. (First two for 30 minutes, then the intern manager for 15, then an account service executive for the final 15 minutes). It was enjoyable to speak with them, and the first two individuals I spoke with did not ask many questions regarding my skills or behavior, wanted to know more about me in general. Many questions concerned the thinking process behind our NSAC campaign. I was thrown off by a few questions: 'Define creativity, strategy'. Overall a good experience, I wished I could have met them in person.

Digital Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TracyLocke (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview was a very open, one-on-one discussion with the department head. They seemed very interested in not only my past experiences but what could possibly be built there in the future. Most of their questions were of the standard fare, but they had very honest responses to all of my questions at the end of the interview.

AAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TracyLocke (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with different people. They asked very basic question about me and my previous experience. Questions were based on past experience and the different types of tasks the job position required.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous work experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What type of skills will your bringing to the table?   Answer Question
    • Name three people (any) you would like to have dinner with.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at TracyLocke.

Interview

It was intense but overall very positive and everyone was friendly. The questions weren't too hard but it seemed like they really wanted to get to know you. Everyone who worked there seemed to love the company and made it seem like a great place to work at.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TracyLocke (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple and to the point. I meet with several people in management and then received the offer. The negotiations did not go over smoothly and I was forced to take the original offer.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to understand my history in print advertising.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not bother asking for additional money. They will only pay you what they originally offer.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TracyLocke (Wilton, CT) in September 2013.

Interview

Awesome. Very laid back, usual questions and very informative. They discussed the job requirements, asked questions about my background and introduced me to other management staff. They were very open to my questions and the feedback given was excellent. I mainly wanted to know about the clients that that currently had and the benefit package offered with the position. They were not upfront in telling me they do not offer yearly raises of which I heard about. They simply told me raises are discretionary and did not elaborate further. That was the only concern I had after this Interview. what else are they not telling me truthfully.

Interview Questions

• What social media do you belong too?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TracyLocke (Bloomington, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted via email after I had submitted my application online. They said they would like me to come to their Dallas office for an in person interview during the week of March 12th. I do not live near Dallas and was on spring break in Florida for that week, so I took a couple days out of my break and I flew to Dallas (on my own dime) to interview at their HQ. The interview started with a one on one interview with the recruiter, which I felt went okay, not great. Then I was taken downstairs to a common lounge type area where I was interviewed by 6 more people. They were young associates, and the atmosphere was generally a bit more casual than the typical interview. I started out talking with one person, then another came and another left, etc., so I wasn't talking to more than 2 or 3 people at one time. The interview flowed very easily and naturally- I felt as though I got along really well with each interviewer and had a professional yet unique and lighthearted conversation with each person. After one of my answer to one of the questions, the two people I was interviewing with at the time both agreed that it was the best answer they had ever heard to that question, and said how refreshing it was to hear such a passionate answer that was so well thought out and not cliche. As the interview ended, they said that had a great time getting to know me and were very impressed with the interview we had just finished. While I tried to remain level headed, I couldn't help but feel extremely confident leaving the interview, especially with such great feedback. I wrote a thank you note to each person I interviewed with and had them in the mail the next morning. I was told I would hear back by the first week in April. By April 5th, I had not heard back from them, and had received an offer from another company. I would have turned it down had I gotten an offer from TracyLocke. I emailed the woman I had been in touch with about the interview explaining that I needed to let the other company know by a certain date, and just wanted to check in to see if she if they could give me a rough estimate of when I would find out. They then informed me that I did not receive the internship. I must admit I was pretty surprised. I sent back a very professional and gracious email thanking her for their time and consideration, and asked for any feedback she may to offer from my interview. She never emailed me back.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something weird about you- why we should remember you over any of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TracyLocke (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I met with multiple people from the company...two at a time. They asked me standard interview questions and a few other questions to test creativity.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you overcame a conflict and what did you do?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TracyLocke (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The SF office of TL is not where to go to grow your career. There's only 4 account people and all the creative is run through the Dallas office so it is a lot of phone coordinating. That in itself sounded bad, coupled with an office space that is completely empty at and still looked like remnants of the economic downfall. Very quiet and corporate looking. Ugly space. I guess I couldn't help feel less than ecstatic about the position. Needless to say, I was declined shortly thereafter.

Account Service Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TracyLocke (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

It was an 8-person interview process, starting with HR and then continuing with 7 TL employees. The interview process lasted for about 3 hours in a windowless room with each person speaking with me separately and asking mostly the same questions. Of the 7 employees who interviewed me, 4 spent the first couple minutes of the interview skimming over my resume for what they said was the very first time. The tone of interviewers was largely dismissive, yet when I used industry terminology and discussed my knowledge about specific accounts they seemed dumbstruck. Employees repeatedly interrupted the interviews by entering the room while I was still speaking with one of their co-workers. More concerned with rushing through the interview and finishing within their allotted 15 minute time, they displayed a genuine lack of respect for me and for their own interview process. If this lack of professionalism defines the rest of TracyLocke's operations, then I cannot feel particularly disappointed with their decision and, luckily, I got a better internship offer from another agency.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to find a solution to a problem.   Answer Question