TracyLocke Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 26, 2014
8 interviews

2.7

Art Director Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at TracyLocke.

It was intense but overall very positive and everyone was friendly. The questions weren't too hard but it seemed like they really wanted to get to know you. Everyone who worked there seemed to love the company and made it seem like a great place to work at.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at TracyLocke in March 2012.

I was first contacted via email after I had submitted my application online. They said they would like me to come to their Dallas office for an in person interview during the week of March 12th. I do not live near Dallas and was on spring break in Florida for that week, so I took a couple days out of my break and I flew to Dallas (on my own dime) to interview at their HQ. The interview started with a one on one interview with the recruiter, which I felt went okay, not great. Then I was taken downstairs to a common lounge type area where I was interviewed by 6 more people. They were young associates, and the atmosphere was generally a bit more casual than the typical interview. I started out talking with one person, then another came and another left, etc., so I wasn't talking to more than 2 or 3 people at one time. The interview flowed very easily and naturally- I felt as though I got along really well with each interviewer and had a professional yet unique and lighthearted conversation with each person. After one of my answer to one of the questions, the two people I was interviewing with at the time both agreed that it was the best answer they had ever heard to that question, and said how refreshing it was to hear such a passionate answer that was so well thought out and not cliche. As the interview ended, they said that had a great time getting to know me and were very impressed with the interview we had just finished. While I tried to remain level headed, I couldn't help but feel extremely confident leaving the interview, especially with such great feedback. I wrote a thank you note to each person I interviewed with and had them in the mail the next morning. I was told I would hear back by the first week in April. By April 5th, I had not heard back from them, and had received an offer from another company. I would have turned it down had I gotten an offer from TracyLocke. I emailed the woman I had been in touch with about the interview explaining that I needed to let the other company know by a certain date, and just wanted to check in to see if she if they could give me a rough estimate of when I would find out. They then informed me that I did not receive the internship. I must admit I was pretty surprised. I sent back a very professional and gracious email thanking her for their time and consideration, and asked for any feedback she may to offer from my interview. She never emailed me back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something weird about you- why we should remember you over any of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at TracyLocke in March 2012.

I met with multiple people from the company...two at a time. They asked me standard interview questions and a few other questions to test creativity.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you overcame a conflict and what did you do?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at TracyLocke in May 2011.

The SF office of TL is not where to go to grow your career. There's only 4 account people and all the creative is run through the Dallas office so it is a lot of phone coordinating. That in itself sounded bad, coupled with an office space that is completely empty at and still looked like remnants of the economic downfall. Very quiet and corporate looking. Ugly space. I guess I couldn't help feel less than ecstatic about the position. Needless to say, I was declined shortly thereafter.

Account Service Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at TracyLocke in March 2011.

It was an 8-person interview process, starting with HR and then continuing with 7 TL employees. The interview process lasted for about 3 hours in a windowless room with each person speaking with me separately and asking mostly the same questions. Of the 7 employees who interviewed me, 4 spent the first couple minutes of the interview skimming over my resume for what they said was the very first time. The tone of interviewers was largely dismissive, yet when I used industry terminology and discussed my knowledge about specific accounts they seemed dumbstruck. Employees repeatedly interrupted the interviews by entering the room while I was still speaking with one of their co-workers. More concerned with rushing through the interview and finishing within their allotted 15 minute time, they displayed a genuine lack of respect for me and for their own interview process. If this lack of professionalism defines the rest of TracyLocke's operations, then I cannot feel particularly disappointed with their decision and, luckily, I got a better internship offer from another agency.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to find a solution to a problem.   Answer Question

AAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at TracyLocke in June 2008.

Spoke with one hiring manager in their HR offices downtown. The interview was mostly cursory and dismissive. The interviewer didn't spend much time describing the position. Plus the interview room was exceptionally hot, which did not mix very well with my full suit. The interviewer did not spend any time establishing rapport, which would have been nice.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me a time when you encountered a difficult situation, and what you did to resolve it. (standard interview questions)   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TracyLocke.

Resume selection and one/one interview

Interview Questions

I am not graduating yet.

Copywriter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at TracyLocke in July 2010.

After talking to their HR department on the phone, I had one-on-one interviews with a copywriter, an art director, and a creative director discussing my portfolio, work ethic, etc. I also talked about additional details of the job with a member of their HR staff.

Worked for TracyLocke? Contribute to the Community!