Trada

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Trada in August 2013.

Interview Details – To be honest, before I even came to to this site to do some research on the companies hiring process, I knew they would not have the most shining reviews after what I just went through. I applied through the company website because their service was interesting and their company culture caught my eye. Anyone who has been to their careers section knows that its intriguing, to say the least. Unfortunately, this seems to be a company that doesn't really know how to properly interview and score potential candidates. The Business Dev. Rep position is basically an entry level sales position identifying leads. The requirements for the position are minimal. The interview for this position is three-pronged; one HR phone screen, one mock sales call, and one in person followup. Everything went well, even though the in-person interview was with a less-than-happy gentleman. While I understand that even though I might be great, someone may be a better fit for the position, and that's okay, but this company needs to learn how to follow through with their candidates. I also was left out to dry for over 2 weeks with no followup, even after I politely checked in twice. This is really unprofessional and obviously this is a company that doesn't realize that such practices have a compounding effect in their hiring pool. People don't want to deal with companies that don't have it together.

After reading the previous reviews of this company's interview practices here on Glassdoor I am drawing a conclusion that they don't actually have an open position and are just interviewing candidates in case they MIGHT want to hire another. There are way too many non-offers for this entry-level position to warrant any other conclusion. The position also remains constantly posted on their career section while other, higher levels positions cycle on and off, which further enforces my point.

Interview Question – The mock sales call was a little odd and they present a reluctant customer, which you must win over.   Answer Question

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trada.

Interview Details – First a phone interview. Second a mock sales pitch over the phone. Third in-person interview. Two people interviewed me. One was a Business Development Rep and the other was the Sales Manager. Even thought this place claims to have a fun lively atmosphere, everyone seemed very stressed and in a bad mood. The sales manager seemed like he was pissed off most of the interview. They asked me a lot of situational questions and did not seem as interested in my previous accomplishments. I dressed in business professional, while everyone else was in typical everyday clothes. Basically was a bunch of desks in a warehouse with people scattered everywhere. Very unprofessional. They had me sitting there for a half hour until they finally called me into the interview. I think being a half hour late is very unprofessional. After the interview they told me they would contact me within 5 days. I followed up twice, but did not hear back. Finally, after 3 weeks they decided to send me a short email explaining how they found a better candidate. Waste of time but helped build my own interview experience.

Interview Question – Situational questions: If this happened at Trada, what would you do?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Trada.

Interview Details – Applied through their website, got a call a few days later. This is a tech company that sells a tech service, and a semi-complicated one at that, and the people that know the least about technology (the HR department) are the entry-barrier to getting interviewed by the people that actually know something about the product. Its always odd to have an HR person ask me to tell them about my computer experience. At some point I feel like they are just going "uhuh, uhuh, uhuh" while they wait for certain keywords to check off on their list of needs. So I loaded my responses with keywords and was contacted a couple days later to schedule a mock sales call with a different senior level associate. I felt it went well and I suppose it did as I was scheduled for the next step, but for a different position, at least thats what the email said. I guess they either wanted me for another position, or the HR lady had made another mistake (her first being she send me another candidates emails between the company and them). I emailed back for clarification, got no response from her, so I researched the other postion, which I did find intriguing, and prepped to talk about either one. This was another interview with a different senior level associate. As I was not in town a skype alternative was offered and I accepted. Day of the skype interview, I get a call from the senior level associate and he says he doesnt know how to skype. Ok, we did another phone interview which I thought went well and asked him at the end for clarification about the postion we were talking about. He was unaware of the other position and told me that the HR girl would follow up in a few days with the next steps. Not having a face-to-face with anyone after three interactions with three separate people however left me wondering what they were doing. 1 week goes by, I had reached out with an email(no response) and then a week later I followed up with a phone call, which seemed to catch her off guard. She said they would let me know by Friday(it was Tuesday). I already knew the answer so I said to myself oh well. Friday comes I get a typical HR email. The entire process left me with a view of the company being internally cluttered and confused.

Interview Question – Once youre past the HR keyword verification process and speak to one of their higher-ups, its required that you have done your research on their company and their service. Use the internet to really nail down what they are selling. Its a little tricky because it does require knowledge of PPC and SEO and you need to know why Trada thinks its better than the competition.   Answer Question

Business Development At Trada Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Trada in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process had three steps. The first was a phone screen, a role play over the phone and an in person interview.

The phone screen focused on my background and personal experience. The role play seemed to measure how much preparation I had done and how comfortable I was on the phone. The face to face interview had a heavy focus on cultural fit and personal motivation. Trada has a really unique culture, the environment is unlike any I have seen other places. While the culture seems fun, the transparency and commitment to performance is what I liked most.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was the phone role play. I was asked questions I didn't have the answer and I had to think quickly.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Trada in March 2013.

Interview Details – To be honest, this was one of the worst interviews I have ever had—so bad it threw me off. Granted I was applying for an entry level position, I was surprised when I was not once asked about my past job or experience. The interview was poorly ran and lacked any reasonable structure.

And while I understand an employee in HR generally isn't involved in the business operations, when I asked "what value do you think Trada brings to the market?" the answer was discordant and lacked confidence. The tone of the response came across as a lack of confidence of Trada's product and services, which through research, was a tone voiced by numerous customers.

The interview lasted nearly 10 minutes, which reflected the respect this future employee hired to this position would have amongst the organization. For the first time ever after an interview, I was happy to not hear back.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked anything difficult   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Boulder, CO

I interviewed at Trada in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager wanted to make sure I was a fit in many different ways - more than the traditional 'can you do the job'. Culture and being able to work well together is important at Trada. The expectations were very high for the actual work performed, and I was asked to comment on how I would handle specific situations.

Interview Question – I was presented with a few tricky cases around reputation management, social media errors, inbound leads and content.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trada in February 2012.

Interview Details – I saw a posting on the Trada website so I emailed my resume and got a call about a week later from someone on their sales team. We spoke over the phone about my background, about what Trada does, and about my previous sales experience. About a week after the phone interview, I received an email from the same man I had spoken to earlier letting me know that they I had not gotten the position.

Interview Question – None of the questions where very difficult or unexpected. They all dealt with my resume, my sales experience, and the services that Trada provides. However, instead of setting up a time to do the interview we just did it on the spot when I was first called. I thought that was appropriate though given the nature of the questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Trada.

Interview Details – I applied for the job through Linked In. The next day, I was contacted by their HR rep via email to set up an interview. The following day I had a 15 minute phone interview, which ended with the scheduling of a second interview. The second interview was a mock business call where I pretended to talk to a potential client. Some of the questions were unexpected, and in the end, I realized that I should have researched the company a bit more.

The following week, a third interview was scheduled, this one in person. The third interview was kinda like a speed-dating session. Six other candidates participated in this process, which at first seemed odd, but I actually really liked it. Each candidate had four separate 15 minute interviews with current employees, a tour, and then a brief happy hour. Everyone seemed to enjoy the day, and it was really nice to meet different people in the company at the end.

A few days later, I was contacted for a fourth phone interview, however it was canceled the day before. Feeling comfortable with the company, I wrote a brief email asking why I was passed over. I received very honest, straightforward feedback, and really appreciate the HR staff taking the time to give me some pointers.

Even though I didn't get the job, I was impressed by the people, the office, and the overall atmosphere

Interview Question – What year was the company founded?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Trada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trada interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Trada employees and interview candidates.