Trade Secret Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.7

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Trade Secret.

Interview

Very laid back. They basically just wanted you to care about leaning about beauty supplies, ect. They were good teachers and educators, moved up quickly, I really liked working there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trade Secret (Hamilton, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

I had to go through 2 interviews and after the selection was made, i was put under 3 months probation period , and then i was hired permanently

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you find someone stealing or trying to use abusive comments on you, due to dissatifaction.   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Trade Secret (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

My interview was very short. It lasted about 30 minutes. The manager did not ask me the typical questions that employers usually read verbatim off a list. She asked me questions from the top of her head. My references was not checked and I got hired on the spot. The questions was not difficult. One of the easiest interviews ever.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can contribute differently from everyone else applying for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Receptionist Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Trade Secret in April 2007.

Interview

Short phone conversation initially and then was asked to come in for interview. Interview went well and was very comfortable. The interviewer was very interested in getting to know me and for me to show her my personality. Overall it was a positive experience and I am glad I took the job.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you have had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trade Secret in October 2011.

Interview

The job was originally found on CraigsList. A call was made immediately and an interview scheduled for the afternoon of the same day. I arrived for the interview and met the regional manager. The regional manager and salon manager performed the interview in the back room. The majority of the interview consisted solely of questions about the financial stability of the current salon where I was working! These were questions which I did not have the knowledge to answer. There were no questions about my skills or abilities. The only other questions consisted of my likes and dislikes about the industry. I received no follow up communication. This interview was a complete waste of time. It seemed to me as if it was a ploy for management to gain further knowledge about the competition. The interview left me feeling inadequate about my knowledge of the industry in which I have made a career, even though I have no significant experience in the financial sector.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue do you generate for the company in a week?   Answer Question

Beauty Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Trade Secret in April 2010.

Interview

Was called in for an interview a while after submitting my application. Never heard from them until two weeks later when they said they were "holding" my application. Then a month later, they offered me a job. Found out that the person hired for the same position before me quit and that I was the "back up"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job? What makes you right for it, ect.   Answer Question
    • Describe beauty routine. What do you plan to do with your future?   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Trade Secret in August 2008.

Interview

applied got called had interview got hired