TradeStation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
4 interviews

2.3

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TradeStation in April 2014.

First the team gave me a call and asked me some questions about my working experience and research. Later they asked to have two on-site interview. The questions were various from network protocol to basic coding methods

Senior Software Engineer (Contract) Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TradeStation in June 2014.

My interview was supposed to be with a manager, but ended up being with a software architect. The interview was very academic, as though the interviewer was simply reading questions from the internet. Only one practical question was asked, though was phrased poorly and he cut me off halfway through my answer with "good enough". Not a single question was asked about my experience and/or to illustrate how I solved a problem.

Several questions I asked were answered rather vaguely and not only wasn't it made clear what I'd actually be working on, I got the feeling that what I'd be doing differed vastly from what was advertised. Unfortunately, I thought there would be a second interview and so didn't ask all the questions I had.

There was no follow up until I proactively contacted them, at which point an offer miraculously appeared.

Interview Questions
    • Oddly enough, what are the three major principals of OOP?   View Answer
    There was none. When I the recruiter if I could talk with other engineers, he agreed, but did not follow through. When I said I needed the weekend to talk to my kids and consider whether this was the right decision, the recruiter withdrew the offer.

Product Manager Interview

Spent hours at the facility waiting to take computer based test that determined if you actually got an interview. Met other Product Mangers; they seemed frightened and cowed. Upper management's family life displayed everywhere to clue you in to how to kiss butt early and often.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult but neither were they related to product management per se. Got the overwhelming impression that interviewers were beat down and defeated and it was a go nowhere job. Where have you managed products before.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TradeStation in September 2008.

I started here 4 years ago, I saw an ad on monster.com. They required you to have a Series 7, which I had. They expect you to get a Series 3 and 34 if you don't have them already, because we deal with equities, futures, and forex. The interview process was very straight forward, I took an IQ test and then I just sat down with someone for less than an hour and they gave me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember anything difficult about the interview, just the written, timed, multiple choice test that they gave me.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, they jus gave me an offer and said take it or leave it.

Worked for TradeStation? Contribute to the Community!