TradeStation

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer (Contract) Interview

Senior Software Engineer (Contract)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TradeStation in June 2014.

Interview Details – My interview was supposed to be with a manager, but ended up being with a software architect. The interview was very academic, as though the interviewer was simply reading questions from the internet. Only one practical question was asked, though was phrased poorly and he cut me off halfway through my answer with "good enough". Not a single question was asked about my experience and/or to illustrate how I solved a problem.

Several questions I asked were answered rather vaguely and not only wasn't it made clear what I'd actually be working on, I got the feeling that what I'd be doing differed vastly from what was advertised. Unfortunately, I thought there would be a second interview and so didn't ask all the questions I had.

There was no follow up until I proactively contacted them, at which point an offer miraculously appeared.

Interview Question – Oddly enough, what are the three major principals of OOP?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. When I the recruiter if I could talk with other engineers, he agreed, but did not follow through. When I said I needed the weekend to talk to my kids and consider whether this was the right decision, the recruiter withdrew the offer.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at TradeStation

Interview Details – Spent hours at the facility waiting to take computer based test that determined if you actually got an interview. Met other Product Mangers; they seemed frightened and cowed. Upper management's family life displayed everywhere to clue you in to how to kiss butt early and often.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult but neither were they related to product management per se. Got the overwhelming impression that interviewers were beat down and defeated and it was a go nowhere job. Where have you managed products before.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TradeStation in September 2008.

Interview Details – I started here 4 years ago, I saw an ad on monster.com. They required you to have a Series 7, which I had. They expect you to get a Series 3 and 34 if you don't have them already, because we deal with equities, futures, and forex. The interview process was very straight forward, I took an IQ test and then I just sat down with someone for less than an hour and they gave me an offer.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything difficult about the interview, just the written, timed, multiple choice test that they gave me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, they jus gave me an offer and said take it or leave it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TradeStation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TradeStation interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by TradeStation employees and interview candidates.