Trader Joe's Assistant Manager Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Trader Joe's in June 2012.

Trader Joe's conducts several interviews: first is an initial phone interview, and then you will have a 1:1 interview with a store manager at a particular store, and if you do well, you will have another 1:1 interview at another store. If you still do great you will have a final 1:1 interview with the regional vice president. If all goes well you will get the job, but in my case i did not get it, very sad, due to the whole process takes about a month, driving all over the county interviewing, etc. Make sure you are very aware of Trader Joe's products, and be an avid shopper. I shopped their alot,but somehow I think they got impression that I didn't shop their much, as I was drilled about their products. All my interviews went great, but the last one with regional was a bit different. Although she was very nice, was a little uncomfortable as she did not smile very much, and much more serious than other interviews. Sucks that you think you are going to get the job, based on how well all interviews go, and than get the rug pulled out from under you after the last interview :( Maybe thats why I didnt get job, as I may have seemed a little uncomfortable..Will never know!! Good Luck to all who applies their, would be an awesome company to work for....

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at Trader Joe's in May 2009.

I was told to come for an interview, I mentioned on the phone I would be driving from out of town (3 hours), but when I arrived the management had no idea. I spoke with the manager but had to wait two hours for there to be time. It was a waste of a day.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Trader Joe's in June 2012.

First step is a phone interview with a recruiter from the corporate office. If that goes well they will schedule a 1:1 interview with a manager of an existing store. I was under the impression that you would only get a second interview if the first went well, but I get the feeling that my second was already planned. After the second interview with a store manager, you wait for an available time to interview with a Regional VP. This is the final interview and all hiring decisions will be made a few days after. The whole process took about a month, and after hundreds of miles of travel at my own expense I was encouraged by the positive feedback from each interview. Finally 4 days after the VP interview I received a call from the initial corporate recruiter, lasted about 10 seconds saying they were pursuing other candidates with no explanation whatsoever. All subsequent emails and calls on my part were met with no response.

Interview Questions
    • I was presented with a couple hypothetical situations involving store policy and how I would treat a given incident.   View Answer