Trader Joe's Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Pasadena, CA
Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Trader Joe's in February 2013.

I walked into the Trader Joe's store to submit a resume in person. Upon handing it to the manager he asked if I was available to interview on the spot. I agreed and we stepped to the side and had a casual interview that lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked questions such as: whether I had experience as a cashier, what I think the daily tasks over a Trader Joe's employee are, and what my favorite Trader Joe's products are.

Interview Questions
  • The unexpected question for me was what my favorite Trader Joe's brand products are, I had to stop and think about specifically which products I buy the most and why I like them. Make sure you are familiar with their products and store layout before you begin the interview.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Trader Joe's in January 2008.

The interviewer was very friendly and informable and immediately I was relaxed and at ease to have a positive interview with no regrets. I was aware of other applicants with the one position to be filled.

Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Trader Joe's in November 2009.

The postion was for temporary help at Christmas time and for the upcoming holidays. It appeared they had far more applicants than they had positions for. The interview was short and to the point. Nothing out of ordinary. Got the feeling they had already filled the positions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most pressure you have experienced with a customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Trader Joe's in February 2008.

Great communication throughout interview. Skills assessment test. Very rigorous math test,

Interview Questions
    • How many cases would you order the next day if a customer bought 10 items of the product? Every case equals 12 units of the product.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I was asked to come into the stor to get interviewed. The questions were very straightforward: why do you want to work at trader joes? tell me about yourself. describe your weekend.

Cashier Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Trader Joe's in March 2009.

Was a great interview, but they needed a store manager and didn't have funds to hire additional cashiers as a result.

Interview Questions
    • Asked normal interview questions such as, "What did you not like about previous job?"   Answer Question

Worked for Trader Joe's? Contribute to the Community!