Trader Joe's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

I printed out the application and filled it out ahead of time. I turned it in and had an immediate, 5 minute interview with an assistant manager. We scheduled a time to come to interview again that week.
    Second interview was a sit down with a crew member. Same thing, scheduled for another interview that week.
    Another crew member interview and was told I would be called. After that, I received a call from a manager, which was technically another "interview" but more about logistics of the position. I was hired then.

I prepared using the interview quesitons on Glassdoor. They were spot-on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Trader Joes? Tell us about a time you had a great customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Interview

I interviewed with a senior manager. The process was relatively simple and straightforward. I only had one interview and the process took about 3 weeks in total. The manager was straightforward and clear about my expectations. Because I was only part-time, management was flexible regarding my schedule.

Interview Questions

• If I encountered a problem or disagreement with a customer, how would I handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trader Joe's (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

had a first interview with mate. Was very casual. Not really hard questions, but have to be prepared.
    They read the questions off a card so I don't think these are their own personal questions, but a guideline of sorts. Just act calm, casual and honest. Second interview with captain went well. Was offered the job after five minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation, but told me there w as room for a pay raise in the future.

F/T Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

First I wasn't interviewed by the person they said I was suppose to. The interviewer looked like she didn't want to interview anyone. Of course they had a paper in front of them with questions. And they rate on how u answer. And the interview took place in a closet.

Interview Questions

• What kind of humor do I have?   1 Answer

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Trader Joe's (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

It took three interviews to get hired - each with a different person. Talking about experience and how you would fit into the role - what you could bring to the store. The final interview was a three person review. Best advice is be yourself - enthusiastic about the products and company.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Trader Joes product?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY).

Interview

I have experience in cashier been a cashier for 4 years now currently still cashier been with the same company for 4 years I'm looking to grow and learn more

Interview Questions

• I'm
      A reliable and hardworking person and a team player

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trader Joe's (Pasadena, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

i dropped off my application in person,a mate took me aside and spoke with me ,it was very comfortable , and said i should here from them within two weeks but to keep checking in due to alot of applications, he called me the next day to set up interview

Crew Member Interview

Interview

Basically handed them my application and resume, did not receive a full interview yet but they will ask you why do want to work at Trader Joes and what your fav food is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Trader Joe's (Winter Park, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

A Mate brings you aside for a few questions. Told me to come in again for another interview with the Captain. Then I received a phone call later saying I got the job. If you don't get it, they supposedly send you a letter.

Interview Questions

• List three qualities about yourself that would benefit Trader Joe's. Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Part Time Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Trader Joe's (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very brief. I had gotten an application and then returned it to the manager. He looked it over and asked why I wanted to work at the store, had I shopped there. He then told me they had a sales quota to meet before they could hire any additional staff.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at TJ's   1 Answer