Trader Joe's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trader Joe's in March 2014.

very easy and laid back interview. i interviewed with two people both times. they were very easy going. not too many questions. ask you do you want to work there. make sure your availibility is very open. they like someonne who is wiling to work whenever they need somebody. make sure you are very polite and well mannared

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, NJ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Take a math test answer vague questions

No negotiation

Crew Member Interview

turned in an applacation 2014 had an interveiw on spot just asked what my favorite trader joes item was and if i shop there and what i like about trader joes havent gotten a second interveiw still waiting to hear back from them hopefully sooncause it would be an awsome place to work

Two interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Trader Joe's.

I interviewed for a job at new store that was opening. I printed out an online application and walked into the interview. It was held in a large room, with other candidates being interviewed at other tables at the same time. I talked with an inteviewer for maybe 5 minutes. He asked the question that I read in other interview reviews they always ask: What's my favorite product? They said they'd call people for second interviews in 7-10 days. I never heard from them. The interview seemed to go fine, so I'm guessing they just didn't see me as a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, given what I read about other interviews when I researched on line.   Answer Question

Sign Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Trader Joe's in February 2014.

I went in to fill out an application and had a short interview on the spot. They asked if I was an artist, what my favorite Trader Joe's product was and asked about my experience with a previous employer. We set up a second interview.
    The second was with two captains. They asked me to bring a portfolio which we went through and talked about. They asked me just to talk about my work and how long different pieces took to complete. They also asked about how I make work fun and dealt with different situations. How I dealt with stress and what would put me on edge. Asked about a time with a difficult person and other standard interview questions. It was an extremely laid back interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, specially if you read through these comments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Went in to drop off my resume and fill out an application (they really appreciate face to face rather than applying on-line). They were accepting interviews at a hotel because it is a brand new store. Sat down with someone that day for a screening as they reviewed your experience. The screening was more of an interview and it lasted longer than it was supposed to. The next day I got a call for a second interview. Went into the second interview and it was very laid-back. Asked many of the same questions from the first interview. It was with a different person. We did a lot of talking and it was less inquisitive and more friendly. Got a call an hour later saying that I got the job.

no negotiation

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Trader Joe's.

It helps to have a personal relationship with a manager. Nepotism is king.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions, just smile and be cool. Open up your availability 24/7 and you will get hired.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, its a take it or leave it.

4 Interviews

Interview Questions
    • There's a broken bottle of wine, someone calling, and a customer wants help. What order?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Trader Joe's in January 2014.

Attended Company hiring event in Hotel meeting room in Denver, Co. Submitted resume, cover letter, and completed TJ application. Was pre-screened by a veteran Mate and process was friendly and conversational. Next day, received an invitation for an interview. I prepared by reviewing Glassdoor interview notes, visiting Company website, and researched other web based articles. Needless to say, I was well prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Trader Joe's? What do you like about Trader Joe's? What team building skills do you possess?   View Answer