Trader Joe's Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.0

Part Time Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Handed in my application at the store I desired to work at, got asked if I were given a gift card to Trader Joe's, what items I would buy. He explained to me how the application process goes and to expect a response in 3-4 weeks. Got a response in about 1 week.

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a gift card right now, what are some items you would buy?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trader Joe's (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Dropped off application, mate reviewed application and then asked a few questions (mostly Trader Joe's knowledge). Mate was not friendly and gave card saying they would get back.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Trader Joe's looks for people who are great with people. You must be in constant contact with them. If they want you, they'll let you know. Interview is snappy and you get an idea of whether or not they want you immediately. Managers are good at being welcoming & excited

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that I didn't already know. In my interview, we spoke about the ocean and how we all loved surfing and food!   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Trader Joe's (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Trader Joe's conducts several interviews: first is an initial phone interview, and then you will have a 1:1 interview with a store manager at a particular store, and if you do well, you will have another 1:1 interview at another store. If you still do great you will have a final 1:1 interview with the regional vice president. If all goes well you will get the job, but in my case i did not get it, very sad, due to the whole process takes about a month, driving all over the county interviewing, etc. Make sure you are very aware of Trader Joe's products, and be an avid shopper. I shopped their alot,but somehow I think they got impression that I didn't shop their much, as I was drilled about their products. All my interviews went great, but the last one with regional was a bit different. Although she was very nice, was a little uncomfortable as she did not smile very much, and much more serious than other interviews. Sucks that you think you are going to get the job, based on how well all interviews go, and than get the rug pulled out from under you after the last interview :( Maybe thats why I didnt get job, as I may have seemed a little uncomfortable..Will never know!! Good Luck to all who applies their, would be an awesome company to work for....