Trader Joe's

Very Easy Interview

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Trader Joe's in June 2012.

Interview Details – Trader Joe's looks for people who are great with people. You must be in constant contact with them. If they want you, they'll let you know. Interview is snappy and you get an idea of whether or not they want you immediately. Managers are good at being welcoming & excited

Interview Question – There were no questions that I didn't already know. In my interview, we spoke about the ocean and how we all loved surfing and food!   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Carlsbad, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trader Joe's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Dropped off application, mate reviewed application and then asked a few questions (mostly Trader Joe's knowledge). Mate was not friendly and gave card saying they would get back.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
San Diego, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Trader Joe's in June 2012.

Interview Details – Trader Joe's conducts several interviews: first is an initial phone interview, and then you will have a 1:1 interview with a store manager at a particular store, and if you do well, you will have another 1:1 interview at another store. If you still do great you will have a final 1:1 interview with the regional vice president. If all goes well you will get the job, but in my case i did not get it, very sad, due to the whole process takes about a month, driving all over the county interviewing, etc. Make sure you are very aware of Trader Joe's products, and be an avid shopper. I shopped their alot,but somehow I think they got impression that I didn't shop their much, as I was drilled about their products. All my interviews went great, but the last one with regional was a bit different. Although she was very nice, was a little uncomfortable as she did not smile very much, and much more serious than other interviews. Sucks that you think you are going to get the job, based on how well all interviews go, and than get the rug pulled out from under you after the last interview :( Maybe thats why I didnt get job, as I may have seemed a little uncomfortable..Will never know!! Good Luck to all who applies their, would be an awesome company to work for....

Interview Question – basic behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Trader Joe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trader Joe's interview questions and advice in San Diego, CA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Trader Joe's employees and interview candidates.